Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
TV viewership down 13% NFL Debut
(09-14-2020, 12:52 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: the DNC ans HRC hired Steele to work with the Russians to try and get dirt on him. They paid him to produce a fake dossier, later used to spy on the Trump campaign. So how did the DNC and HRC not use Russia to interfere in our election?

Obama and Biden were aware and let it happened.

I'm not sure where to start with this, but I'll try.

They did not hire Steele. They hired Fusion GPS who then subcontracted Steele. Steele was not hired to work with the Russians, and his primary source was revealed to be a Ukrainian born American resident. 

He was not paid to "produce a fake dossier" and a number of claims in it were corroborated.

It was not used to spy on the Trump campaign. 

So that should adequately answer your question.

Obama and Biden could not be aware of those things as they did not happen.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 12:48 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: So do I, but with  caveat. I vote on policies. One time I went against this ad was fooled by a great speaker named Obama against an old crusty John M. I should have just stayed home, but McCain was a horrible choice by the GOP.

I voted for Strickland for Ohio governor, Bill Clinton once for President as well as Obama once.

The Democratic party decision to go all in against pro life and kick out good people from their own party will cause me to never consider a Democrat again unless they are open to a conversation about the future of abortion beibg restricted or ended for healthy mothers.

The current Democratic stance on abortion is Roe v Wade, so either you didn't know that 12 and 28 years ago or your views on abortion have changed. 

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 12:41 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: This is an opinion forum, so yes I stated my opinion of why it was a fact less fans watched the opener. Other fans gave their opinions contrary to mine. We call this is adult conversation. I don't agree with then but I agree they get to share their opinion.

My point was not there are NFL players who promote God and like me feel abortion is a sin called murder. My point is abortion is also a social issue, yet the NFL does not pursue an agenda to educate fans on this lewd act. They don't promote  worship either, but yes there are many players that prayer before, during and NFL games, you know when the cameras are turned off by the NFL leaving it in the shadows.

Yeah and we see all the players praying before, during, and after the game because the cameras are turned off.

Quote:And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Maybe the NFL is just following the Bible’s teachings? Go pray in your room. Not the end zone or the fifty yard line.

If I wanted religion in my sports, I’d go to church instead of watching grown men knock the shit out of each other. See how that works?
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 12:48 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: So do I, but with  caveat. I vote on policies. One time I went against this ad was fooled by a great speaker named Obama against an old crusty John M. I should have just stayed home, but McCain was a horrible choice by the GOP.

I voted for Strickland for Ohio governor, Bill Clinton once for President as well as Obama once.

The Democratic party decision to go all in against pro life and kick out good people from their own party will cause me to never consider a Democrat again unless they are open to a conversation about the future of abortion beibg restricted or ended for healthy mothers.

Why should others be governed by your religion?
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 12:52 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: the DNC ans HRC hired Steele to work with the Russians to try and get dirt on him. They paid him to produce a fake dossier, later used to spy on the Trump campaign. So how did the DNC and HRC not use Russia to interfere in our election?

Obama and Biden were aware and let it happened.

False. They hired the same firm the Republicans hired to get dirt on Trump. That firm, in turn, hired Steele. Kinda like a subcontractor. And they didn’t hire him to work with the Russians.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 11:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nah, this place leaned Left long before Trump took office. He just made them lose much of their rationality. 

This place was only around year and a half before Trump took office. What’s your definition of long? Trump’s been in office twice as long as he wasn’t in office relative to this site’s history. Hell, with Trump’s unprecedented leadership you’d figure this place would be burstin’ at the seams with folks jumpin’ on the ol’ bandwagon.

Part of the problem is Trump fooled y’all into believing he is a conservative Republican when he is neither.

Part of the problem is Trump is a horrible person who lies on a daily basis and most reasonable people aren’t going to spend 10 pages worth of denials defending stupid shit like windmill noise cancer.

Part of the problem is people like Sovereign Nation, Lucie, Vlad, etc got themselves banned for being . . . well, themselves.

And then you have the section of members that want to talk politics in Jungle Noise, but not here where they have the opportunity to provide references to corroborate their erroneous claims.
Reply/Quote
Religion is supposed to be a relationship between me and God. Not you, me and God.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 12:31 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Of the things you listed, his environmental policy is the only thing influenced by that group. 

Trump has been notoriously weak on China, despite his claims. He folded on tariffs, a fight he wasn't winning, in exchange for China only meeting one of his demands, purchasing more farm goods. 

What's concerning about Biden's health? The unannounced hospital trip he made last year?

(09-14-2020, 12:34 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I've never voted for the same political party twice in a presidential election. I vote base on the individual. I don't understand blind support even if the candidate lacks any discernible qualifications. 

I will certainly admit that I am no political expert and do not know all the ins and outs of every issue.  I do try to follow what is going on though and I also try to get info from various sources.

I don't have anything specific about Bidens health other than what I see when he speaks or gives interviews.  I have watched him speak from 20-30 years ago and he just is not even close to the same.  The lady who said she was supposed to read a off a paper and then seeing him need a teleprompter for practically everything.  Even answering a basic question from a constituent.  There is just something off to me that I cannot place a finger on.  Maybe it's nothing.  I have not seen any evidence that says Trumps visit was because of a medical issue.  The fact is, nobody knows the truth about either.

As far as China, it seems to me he is tough on them.  Biden seems very friendly on China imo.  Also, my opinion on China is that they are the biggest threat.

I am an independent who leans conservative.  I vote policy and not person.  Trump is much more in line with my views from a policy perspective than Biden.  Switch them around on policy and I am voting for Biden.

I saw people on here posting their political test results.  Almost all were way bottom left.  I took the test and I was 1 block down and one block over.  Almost dead center. 
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 08:48 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I saw people on here posting their political test results.  Almost all were way bottom left.  I took the test and I was 1 block down and one block over.  Almost dead center. 

Which actually puts you closer to Biden than Trump.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 08:51 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Which actually puts you closer to Biden than Trump.

Which is very interesting because from a big policy perspective I am not anywhere close to Biden. 
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 08:48 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I will certainly admit that I am no political expert and do not know all the ins and outs of every issue.  I do try to follow what is going on though and I also try to get info from various sources.

I don't have anything specific about Bidens health other than what I see when he speaks or gives interviews.  I have watched him speak from 20-30 years ago and he just is not even close to the same.  The lady who said she was supposed to read a off a paper and then seeing him need a teleprompter for practically everything.  Even answering a basic question from a constituent.  There is just something off to me that I cannot place a finger on.  Maybe it's nothing.  I have not seen any evidence that says Trumps visit was because of a medical issue.  The fact is, nobody knows the truth about either.

As far as China, it seems to me he is tough on them.  Biden seems very friendly on China imo.  Also, my opinion on China is that they are the biggest threat.

I am an independent who leans conservative.  I vote policy and not person.  Trump is much more in line with my views from a policy perspective than Biden.  Switch them around on policy and I am voting for Biden.

I saw people on here posting their political test results.  Almost all were way bottom left.  I took the test and I was 1 block down and one block over.  Almost dead center. 

Honestly it seems like you're reaching to find error with Biden and success with Trump. John Bolton who, unlike Trump, is actually conservative broke down Trump's stance on China quite well when he exposed how weak it was. There's plenty of videos online showing similar speaking flubs with Trump as Joe Biden has. 

As far as those tests go, they're flawed, especially considering that conservatives will place to the left of Joe Biden on them, but being at the bottom means you like less government telling you what to do on social issues, so that's not necessarily liberal. 

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 08:57 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Honestly it seems like you're reaching to find error with Biden and success with Trump. John Bolton who, unlike Trump, is actually conservative broke down Trump's stance on China quite well when he exposed how weak it was. There's plenty of videos online showing similar speaking flubs with Trump as Joe Biden has. 

As far as those tests go, they're flawed, especially considering that conservatives will place to the left of Joe Biden on them, but being at the bottom means you like less government telling you what to do on social issues, so that's not necessarily liberal. 

I'm not trying to, lol, unless it's subconsciously.  

You know, I say I am Conservative, but I am Liberal on certain issues such as Gay Rights and anti-war and Conservative on other issues such as abortion, immigration, law & order, 2A, small gov't, SCOTUS picks and climate change, so I guess I don't know what I am.  I'm a mutt!  lol.  

I will look into that, but Bolton is no friend of Trumps, so I take what he says with a grain of salt.

I guess we will see in the debates.  I really am excited to see them.

Thanks for the test info.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 09:29 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I will look into that, but Bolton is no friend of Trumps, so I take what he says with a grain of salt.

When you only listen to what a persons friends say about him you are not really looking for the truth.

US citizens paid the tariffs Trump put on goods from China.  They had very little effect on trade policy.  But they hurt US farmers so much that the federal government had to borrow more money to bail them out.  

Trumps "greatest economy ever" was mostly smoke and mirrors built on increasing government debt.  Over his first three years in office Trump ran federal deficits  almost twice as high as Obama's last three years in office.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 09:29 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I'm not trying to, lol, unless it's subconsciously.  

You know, I say I am Conservative, but I am Liberal on certain issues such as Gay Rights and anti-war and Conservative on other issues such as abortion, immigration, law & order, 2A, small gov't, SCOTUS picks and climate change, so I guess I don't know what I am.  I'm a mutt!  lol.  

I will look into that, but Bolton is no friend of Trumps, so I take what he says with a grain of salt.

Yea, according to that test I'm way left of Bernie on economics, but on those issues I'm more moderate like Buttigieg who is on the right with the economics scale. 

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 11:11 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Yea, according to that test I'm way left of Bernie on economics, but on those issues I'm more moderate like Buttigieg who is on the right with the economics scale. 

Honestly, though Bernie isn't as left as a lot of people like to think he is. The test coming from a UK perspective, though, definitely means it doesn't fit as well for US politics.

I'm also a big fan of Pew's test: https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/quiz/political-typology/
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 08:48 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I am an independent who leans conservative.  I vote policy and not person.  Trump is much more in line with my views from a policy perspective than Biden.  Switch them around on policy and I am voting for Biden.
Just curious. What are the policies of Trump that you agree with and what are the deal breakers with Biden?
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 08:48 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I will certainly admit that I am no political expert and do not know all the ins and outs of every issue.  I do try to follow what is going on though and I also try to get info from various sources.

From a health perspective Trump can’t read difficult words like Yosemite, can’t complete difficult tasks like walk down a wheelchair access ramp by himself, and there is his mysterious, unscheduled, middle of the night trip to Walter Reed to get an “early start on his physical.”

As for China, Trump’s so hard on China he praised President Xi’s response to the pandemic and thanked him for his transparency.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 11:32 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: From a health perspective Trump can’t read difficult words like Yosemite, can’t complete difficult tasks like walk down a wheelchair access ramp by himself, and there is his mysterious, unscheduled, middle of the night trip to Walter Reed to get an “early start on his physical.”

As for China, Trump’s so hard on China he praised President Xi’s response to the pandemic and thanked him for his transparency.

I am more than happy to agree to disagree.  :)
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 09:29 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I'm not trying to, lol, unless it's subconsciously.  

Bolton isn’t a friend of Trump because he worked for him and knows first hand what he is like.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 11:21 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Honestly, though Bernie isn't as left as a lot of people like to think he is. The test coming from a UK perspective, though, definitely means it doesn't fit as well for US politics.

I'm also a big fan of Pew's test: https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/quiz/political-typology/

One of the reasons I like isidewith is it is more nuanced. 

Reply/Quote