Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tag Prices Set
(02-03-2023, 02:32 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: This is one of the better cornerback classes in the draft I've seen in the last few years.  The Bengals could find someone better than Eli Apple in the fourth or fifth round. I think they have to sign Bell to a multi-year deal. They can't have a need at safety and cornerback. 

We should be drafting one for the future...  But no reason to have to thrust into the lineup if we dont have to
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 01:27 AM)Go Cards Wrote: The tag is too rich for Bell for sure, but the contract projections posted have him at 3 years $22 million which seems very doable for him to me. 

Of anyone on that group I want to sign , no doubt it is Bell.. hope they can work something out
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 01:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I've not looked into Musgrave, but after looking at him now, I see he probably would have been in for a big receiving year had he been able to play more than just a couple games. He put up 169 yards in just those two games, he can block, and he has ideal TE size.

Kraft maybe as a late-round pick, but I've heard he's really raw. I'd rather find someone a little more polished if that's the case.

Washington is a great fit. I could see him being a candidate in Rd 1 or Rd 2.
If he puts up at the Combine, it probably will require that 1st round pick.

Hurst can be a solid 3rd option in an offense. He's not more than that.
That's worth $7-8 mill APY nowadays.
I wouldn't go higher than what Uzomah signed with the Jets for though.

The problem i had with Hurst little yac.. he was near the bottom in the league. Uzomah was better at that and I feel we need a TE that can really attack mid-deep middle of field.. and save $$ and draft a younger TE with more speed.  Now if he wants to do a 3 year 15 m.. im ok with that plus draft a TE in top 4 rounds
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 04:31 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: The problem i had with Hurst little yac.. he was near the bottom in the league. Uzomah was  better at that and I feel we need a TE that can really attack mid-deep middle of field.. and save $$ and draft a younger TE with more speed.   Now if he wants to do a 3 year 15 m.. im ok with that plus draft a TE in top 4 rounds

Oh believe me, I was one of those dudes who pointed out the low YPR throughout this year.
Most TEs were 10+ YPR.
Had he been a little more dynamic, he'd have probably been in the 500-600 yard range, as he had 52 rec.
To give him a bit of a pass though, he was the 4th option for a good amount of the year, whereas a good number of these TEs are higher in the food chain on their teams.
On top of that, Hurst's route tree has him going very short, unlike some of these other TEs.

So it's definitely a mix of non-elite athleticism and speed, but also how he was used.

Ultimately too, you sometimes have to pay a little above value to get/keep a guy, especially he basically played on a discount prior.
Going up to $7-8 mill APY kind of helps compensate that he only made $3.5 mill this past year. He was a great value for the price.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote