Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tailgating Question
Hey all, new here so please don't crush me if I put this in the wrong spot!!  Anywho...

I don't live in town, but I make sure to catch one Bengals game a year in person.  For the past 5 years or so, I've always tailgated in Lot D, but from what I've gathered online that lot was really cut down in size this year due to construction, making it no longer economically feasible for me to buy a parking pass online for it this year (I'm just not going to pay $150 for a parking spot which seems to be the rate for it right now!!)

While I'm familiar with a decent number of free parking options on the street/bars/etc, I'd still really like to tailgate this year.  Does anyone have any recommendations on the best other lots to tailgate in?  It is just 4 of us and we aren't crazy with the setup or anything, just a little grill, a few chairs, a bags set, and a lot of cold ones!

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!  
Reply/Quote
Longworth Hall just west of the stadium. Lots open at 9AM, so I'd get there early.
Reply/Quote
If you want to go big, try Lot E off Mehring Way or Longworths Hall .. Lot E is a bit high.. I believe $30 to $50... Longworths is $25 to $30 i think. If you want to go for about $20 try the lot on Plum street between 5th and 4th street just up from the stadium
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 03:59 PM)Guy Incognito Wrote: Hey all, new here so please don't crush me if I put this in the wrong spot!!  Anywho...

I don't live in town, but I make sure to catch one Bengals game a year in person.  For the past 5 years or so, I've always tailgated in Lot D, but from what I've gathered online that lot was really cut down in size this year due to construction, making it no longer economically feasible for me to buy a parking pass online for it this year (I'm just not going to pay $150 for a parking spot which seems to be the rate for it right now!!)

While I'm familiar with a decent number of free parking options on the street/bars/etc, I'd still really like to tailgate this year.  Does anyone have any recommendations on the best other lots to tailgate in?  It is just 4 of us and we aren't crazy with the setup or anything, just a little grill, a few chairs, a bags set, and a lot of cold ones!

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!  

I've always parked in the lots just south of the practice fields underneath the bridge.  It's only ever been $30 dollars to park there.  Right next to the RV and Bus Parking.  
Reply/Quote
Thanks all, really appreciate the comments.
Reply/Quote
Longworth. It's a party.
Reply/Quote
Just North of Longworth & across the street from UPS is our typical destination. Easy to get out of after the game too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: 6825757251_6cfeab3de9_z.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Hell, I just park wherever, walk to some random lot, and make friends.  If you have your own beer, it's not too hard to do.  Parking passes are a waste of money.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
There is a lot directly across Gest street from longworth hall where you pay $20 bucks to park. We always park there, tailgate a bit, then catch the party across the street at longworth.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 06:36 PM)jason Wrote: Hell, I just park wherever, walk to some random lot, and make friends.  If you have your own beer, it's not too hard to do.  Parking passes are a waste of money.

I don't disagree with your idea normally as I've done that a few times, but in this case it is 4 Bengals fans who only get to see each other once a year so we kind of like to be anti-social for a bit  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 07:29 PM)Guy Incognito Wrote: I don't disagree with your idea normally as I've done that a few times, but in this case it is 4 Bengals fans who only get to see each other once a year so we kind of like to be anti-social for a bit  Tongue

If you want somewhere where you can have a bit of anti-social time, try the Gest St. lot @ 269 Gest, just south of the railroad trestle.

Then, once you're ready to socialize, Longworth Hall is 1/4 mile away.  Just trust my advice and thank me later.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
If the Bengals won the Superbowl today, Longworth is where the party would be.

(yes, that's a thinly veiled Matrix reference.)
Reply/Quote
Longworth all day man. We always get down there around 8 or so. Usually $20. It's a zoo there. Love it
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 08:09 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: If you want somewhere where you can have a bit of anti-social time, try the Gest St. lot @ 269 Gest, just south of the railroad trestle.

Then, once you're ready to socialize, Longworth Hall is 1/4 mile away.  Just trust my advice and thank me later.

Thanks buddy!  In the words of hans and franz, I'll thank you now and thank you later too.
Reply/Quote