Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Take a look at Smith before comments on Dalton
(08-29-2015, 05:39 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: He had an amazing Superbowl run, and that's about it.

That's it, eh?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 06:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That's it, eh?

I'll take QB1 with an absurd Super Bowl run and a ring on his finger over QB2 who looks better in the regular season sometimes.

Something special or not, Flacco is a better QB than Andy and it isn't even debatable at this point. Could Andy be better in the future? Sure! I guess if that's what we get excited about in Cincinnati that it's pretty telling of our fanbase.

"Hey guys, we have a guy under center that we get to use other QBs past performances to create hypotheticals that 'prove' that Andy could possibly, maybe be better than those other guys in the future. SO TAKE THAT!"
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 07:38 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I'll take QB1 with an absurd Super Bowl run and a ring on his finger over QB2 who looks better in the regular season sometimes.

Something special or not, Flacco is a better QB than Andy and it isn't even debatable at this point. Could Andy be better in the future? Sure! I guess if that's what we get excited about in Cincinnati that it's pretty telling of our fanbase.

"Hey guys, we have a guy under center that we get to use other QBs past performances to create hypotheticals that 'prove' that Andy could possibly, maybe be better than those other guys in the future. SO TAKE THAT!"

In which category is Dalton better than Flacco, anyways?  Flacco has a higher win % (though it's nothing much higher), I think he has a better TD to INT ratio, he has an amazing playoff run, SB ring, and a SB MVP.  Can't we just say the guy isn't a bum whether we are comparing him to our QB or not?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 10:33 AM)Benton Wrote: I wouldn't consider ad a game manager. When I think of game managers I think of guys like Kerry Collins or Hasselbeck. Guys he didn't turn the ball over a lot but also didn't make a lot of big plays. Guys who couldn't throw it across the field, but could read all the options.

Dalton is an average QB with an average to below-average arm.

That automatically makes him a game manager in the eyes of some. I think your description is more accurate.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote