Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Takedown's Last Mock of 2018
Welp, one more day guys. 2nd most exciting day for me as a Bengals fan is the draft. It replenishes hope and everyone has an opinion as to what they think could happen. Exciting stuff.

I made a mock yesterday with a defensive perspective. While I wouldn't mind that mock, I don't think it is realistic and we do have bigger needs on offense (o-line).

One trade up in this mock, I don't see the need to trade down for more picks unless its in the 1st and we can grab another 2nd or 3rd.

Here it goes. With 21st overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, The Cincinnati Bengals select:

1. Frank Ragnow, C, Arkansas

Dave has spoken.

2. Billy Price, C/OG, Ohio State

Shocker of the 2nd round. Bengals double dip for C, but Billy is versatile and he can play either guard position and backup at C. Plus with what Lapham has said, it sounds like both Ragnow and Price are neck and neck on our big board. If available, I could see this happening. Would not be too surprised. I would be happy.

3a. Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn State

This pick gives us insurance with Eifert being prone to injury and all of our TE's contracts expire next year as well. It wouldn't be too terrible to have Gesicki in the 3rd round. Very explosive with nothing but upside.

3b. DeShon Elliot, S, Texas

Ball hawk with good cover skills.

4a. Tim Settle, DT, Virginia

Traded 2 of our 5th round picks and a 7th to move into the top of the 4th round. Settle gives us great depth at DT.

4b. Shaquem Griffin, OLB, Central Florida

LB depth. Could be a sleeper.

5. Alex Cappa, OT, Humboldt State

Project OT, but he has a lot of upside and may even compete to start at RT with how weak we are there.

7a. Eddy Pineiro, K, Miami

Competition for Kicker.

7b. Chase Litton, QB, Marshall

Maybe 3rd string QB or just practice squad.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
I would LOVE if we picked both Price and Ragnow. One starts at OG and the other at C.

If one gets hurt at C, we have a backup that won't get crushed. I don't think we can go wrong in this scenario. Both have the size and skill set to be a quality starting OG in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
I like the players ,I'm a little iffy on Elliot ,I just don't like his celebration thing,but I think he's the closest thing to Eric Reid in the draft.
Reply/Quote