Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
My Bold Prediction ...
(12-29-2019, 08:43 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So A QB not mentioned in most drafts in top 2 rounds coming into season now is a safe pick..hmm. I still say Herbert is the safe pick

Don Herbert, aka Mr. Wizard?

[Image: market.jpg]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The next Staubach and Plunkett?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 10:14 PM)Interceptor Wrote: The next Staubach and Plunkett?

Reminds me of our front office team, Stubborn and Pumpkin.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 08:41 PM)Au165 Wrote: Which is funny because Burrow would not meet Parcells own rules for drafting a QB that many for years took as gospel. That should tell people how good he is.

At some point before the draft I’ll do a total tape breakdown and try to clip plays to explain it. What I can tell you is he will probably be the second or third highest QB to come out since Andrew Luck (some may have Ryan over him still). His tape is that good, no matter how hard you look for flaws they aren’t there.

Times change though. Top QBs don't stay in college for 4 years any more. And on the top college teams, QBs usually don't start as freshmen cause there's another good QB they have to wait behind, getting even a 3 year starter is rare from a top college team.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 09:31 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Weird that you didn't point to the Ravens or Chiefs as your example of a team having a young stud QB doing well. 

Several Lombardi's won with average QBs? Don't be silly. There have been 5 or so average QBs to win a Superbowl out of over 50. I'll go ahead and roll with the odds and want the stud QB.

Put the bottle down and go take a cold shower and we'll see you next year in your Burrow jersey. Who Dey!

Ravens are the 2nd best organization in NFL.

Don't forget, they won a SB with an average QB named Flacco.

My guess is you'll be the first to the bridge IF MB DOESN'T draft him, or be one of the ones throwing a temper tantrum IF this franchise is still Lombardiless in 5-7 years.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 10:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Reminds me of our front office team, Stubborn and Pumpkin.

The only two Heisman QBs to win a Super Bowl.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 07:45 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Really, one great year with little behind it is a concern. Herbert then is also.a easy pick when you look what he has done in college..correct

Yes, one historic year and one fair to good year as a transfer who barely knew his offense and team when he started his first game at LSU.  Look at last year and you can see the improvement.  Talk to the people at Ohio State who watched Burrow shred the first team defense in practice.  I don't think too many are surprised.

If you've watched Herbert shrink in must win games, then he's an easy pass in the first round.  Burrow, on the other hand, has played his best against the best teams and defenses he's faced this year.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 03:31 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Yes, one historic year and one fair to good year as a transfer who barely knew his offense and team when he started his first game at LSU.  Look at last year and you can see the improvement.  Talk to the people at Ohio State who watched Burrow shred the first team defense in practice.  I don't think too many are surprised.

If you've watched Herbert shrink in must win games, then he's an easy pass in the first round.  Burrow, on the other hand, has played his best against the best teams and defenses he's faced this year.

This is my thinking.  The earmarks of a franchise QB are more than a rocket arm and "upside".   My fear is that the Bengals will be seduced the arm and upside argument, trade down for picks and take Hebert.

I do not think they will do that though.   I certainly hope they take Burrow.    The kids got the fire in his gut, great accuracy, a solid arm, great football IQ and ice water in his veins.  If we can put together a winning offensive line and deepen out receiver room we have the platform for a playoff team.
Reply/Quote