Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taking control of the division
I have been reading the typical sports sites (Yahoo, Espn,.....) and it seems they are all in agreement that since Roethlisberger is hurt we have a "a good chance" to control the division now! Yes!!! Thank you St. Louis. Now we can win the division since you hurt the competition!!

Uhhh, here is a news flash! We were controlling the division regardless of the injury and the goal is to win the Superbowl! I know the Bengals haven't won a playoff game with this team yet, but anything less than the AFC championship is not acceptable this year.

Who Dey!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 07:38 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: I have been reading the typical sports sites (Yahoo, Espn,.....) and it seems they are all in agreement that since Roethlisberger is hurt we have a "a good chance" to control the division now!  Yes!!!  Thank you St. Louis.  Now we can win the division since you hurt the competition!!

Uhhh, here is a news flash! We were controlling the division regardless of the injury and the goal is to win the Superbowl!  I know the Bengals haven't won a playoff game with this team yet, but anything less than the AFC championship is not acceptable this year.

Who Dey!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was mad at you after I saw the first paragraph because I'm thinking "what kind of fan are you to think that we need Ben hurt to control the division," but then you post the second paragraph.........

[Image: image.png?w=400&c=1]

We had them dominated before Ben's injury!  Now, we'll just walk all over the rest of the division!!
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 07:47 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I was mad at you after I saw the first paragraph because I'm thinking "what kind of fan are you to think that we need Ben hurt to control the division," but then you post the second paragraph.........

[Image: image.png?w=400&c=1]

We had them dominated before Ben's injury!  Now, we'll just walk all over the rest of the division!!

Lol,  Yeah, it was weird reading that viewpoint on how we just may control the division this year. Big Ben is obviously the best QB in the division and he deserves respect for the way he spanks us seemingly every year, but there is no doubt that as a team the Bengals are superior. This  feels like a different team and I can see a run like 1988 happening again.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 07:53 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Lol,  Yeah, it was weird reading that viewpoint on how we just may control the division this year. Big Ben is obviously the best QB in the division and he deserves respect for the way he spanks us seemingly every year, but there is no doubt that as a team the Bengals are superior. This  feels like a different team and I can see a run like 1988 happening again.

Agreed but the shotgun set most of the game against the Ravens worried me.  

If we line up with Dalton under center and Hill behind him regularly, then this team can control games and play with anyone in the league.

Rock On
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 07:59 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Agreed but the shotgun set most of the game against the Ravens worried me.  

If we line up with Dalton under center and Hill behind him regularly, then this team can control games and play with anyone in the league.

Rock On

What made me happy was the over the shoulder one-handed catch by Marvin Jones last week.  That is the kind of plays that makes a QB feel confident. Now Andy knows that he doesn't always have to make a perfect throw and that is really important to a QB's mental game!
Reply/Quote
I think our chances are the same. Roethlisberger is a big piece to that team but let's not forget they have loads of firepower on that team. I think Michael Vick still gives them a great chance to win, I say at least two of the next four games, they should take. I honestly see no reason why they wouldn't be able to beat the Ravens.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 08:21 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I think our chances are the same. Roethlisberger is a big piece to that team but let's not forget they have loads of firepower on that team. I think Michael Vick still gives them a great chance to win, I say at least two of the next four games, they should take. I honestly see no reason why they wouldn't be able to beat the Ravens.

It definitely makes it harder for them but they are certainly capable. I think we are the best team in the division whether he is healthy or not, but he always gives the Steelers a chance! 
Reply/Quote
If memory serves, they've always been able to tread water nicely when chowder tits misses a small amount of time. They will be in the hunt down the stretch.
Reply/Quote
Still too early for any serious talks.

However, if they score on Buffalo's defense like New England did, and the passing game rocks on the "Legion of Boom", then maybe we are onto something.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 09:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Still too early for any serious talks.

However, if they score on Buffalo's defense like New England did, and the passing game rocks on the "Legion of Boom", then maybe we are onto something.

Yep, can't think past KC. We match up well against them. Stop the run and play bump and run. Keep it all in front of the safeties.

KC was exposed past the front four on D last week.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 08:13 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: What made me happy was the over the shoulder one-handed catch by Marvin Jones last week.  That is the kind of plays that makes a QB feel confident. Now Andy knows that he doesn't always have to make a perfect throw and that is really important to a QB's mental game!
I've been VERY impressed by Marvin Jones this year.  He's stepped up in a big way and even proved that he can be a deep threat which is amazing for us because teams have enough troubles covering AJ and even Eifert deep, so think what another deep threat does to a defense.  Safeties would just be playing a guessing game, not to mention having to keep both safeties back and out of the box.
(09-30-2015, 09:44 PM)Slappy from New Haven Wrote: Yep, can't think past KC. We match up well against them. Stop the run and play bump and run. Keep it all in front of the safeties.

Agreed  ThumbsUp  Our corners also proved that they can play in-your-face man coverage and that they'll be able to succeed in bump-and-run.

Just gotta make sure we cover Kelce and then jump all the routes to the outside with Old Man Smith throwing the ball.  
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 09:44 PM)Slappy from New Haven Wrote: Yep, can't think past KC. We match up well against them. Stop the run and play bump and run. Keep it all in front of the safeties.

We can think past KC. We are fans, not players.

But yeah I think if we have a good gameplan Dalton will shred KC.

Over 300 yards and 3TDs.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 07:38 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: I have been reading the typical sports sites (Yahoo, Espn,.....) and it seems they are all in agreement that since Roethlisberger is hurt we have a "a good chance" to control the division now!  Yes!!!  Thank you St. Louis.  Now we can win the division since you hurt the competition!!

Uhhh, here is a news flash! We were controlling the division regardless of the injury and the goal is to win the Superbowl!  I know the Bengals haven't won a playoff game with this team yet, but anything less than the AFC championship is not acceptable this year.

Who Dey!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have no idea how good this team really is yet. I think we should have a much better idea in 3-weeks.
Reply/Quote

Who Dey!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian Billick has a very good article on NFL.com saying the same thing. We didn't need to Ben injury to be in control of the Division either.

This team will be tough for anyone and if this team just improves on tackling on Defense and running the ball on Offense look the hell out.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 07:53 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Lol,  Yeah, it was weird reading that viewpoint on how we just may control the division this year. Big Ben is obviously the best QB in the division and he deserves respect for the way he spanks us seemingly every year, but there is no doubt that as a team the Bengals are superior. This  feels like a different team and I can see a run like 1988 happening again.

In a way i think we might have a better chance against Ben with our D-line rotation back.

Vick types always scare me cause they can cause problems out of the pocket. Geno has in the past ate that Steeler O-line and he is back.

Kind of scared of Vick cause Geno will flush him out and he can run for big gains on us if we are not completely disciplined.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 12:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: In a way i think we might have a better chance against Ben with our D-line rotation back.

Vick types always scare me cause they can cause problems out of the pocket. Geno has in the past ate that Steeler O-line and he is back.

Kind of scared of Vick cause Geno will flush him out and he can run for big gains on us if we are not completely disciplined.

Vick is not as quick as he used to be.  I'll take my chances with him over Big Jen any day.  With that said, my senses tell me Big Jen will be back for the Nov. 1st Bengals game.  He's been know to play through pain in the past.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 12:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: In a way i think we might have a better chance against Ben with our D-line rotation back.

Fear not. Vick is 35
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."
Formerly known as NASBengalfan
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 07:59 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Agreed but the shotgun set most of the game against the Ravens worried me.  

Rock On

Dalton being under center really doesn't make any difference on Hill's ability to run the ball.

Or are you saying we should line up in the I formation with a FB in front of Hill.
Reply/Quote
Even if you think the bengals are more talented than the Steelers you shouldn't get upset at people who say we have a better chance of taking control of the division. It is not like we play the Steelers head to head every weak. so even if we are the better team we could not take control of the division if the Steelers keep winning.

Anything can happen over the course of a season. Remember that we started 3-0 last year also. Injuries could hit at any time. If we end up with just 10 wins this year and Ben is not injured we might not win the division.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 01:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dalton being under center really doesn't make any difference on Hill's ability to run the ball.

Or are you saying we should line up in the I formation with a FB in front of Hill.

It makes all the difference in the world.  

Taking the ball from standing still is 100% different than being handed the ball running straight ahead (not dead-straight, but for all intents and purposes, it's straight) makes a world of difference because Hill has no momentum going and has to wait for the ball to be handed to him.  When Dalton is under center, Hill is running at about full speed when he gets the ball and he's going downhill.

The defense also has less-time to react and get in position when Hill gets the ball running full-speed ahead, which is where he's at his best.
Reply/Quote