Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taking one for their team
So ESPN interviewed Antonio brown and at the end he said obviously that play won us the game so it's called taking one for the team which makes me go look at the video from that mindset and obviously he was pushed in the back into burfict shoulder we know this but makes me think he could have got his head outta the way but decided to "take one for the team"? Thoughts? Maybe over reacting?
Reply/Quote
I think there are Bengals fans who want to vilify any behavior they can out of the Steelers to justify the actions of our own players. I just cannot imagine any player intentionally putting their head in the way of a potentially massive hit considering all of the risk to one's health. It's not like the Steelers were in desperation mode quite yet. They still had time to make some plays and get into field goal range.

It looked like instinct to me - a player (and one who was off-balance, at that) trying to brace himself for a big hit over the middle. Besides, to think that in that split second he made the conscious decision to try to draw the penalty is giving Brown too much credit.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 08:57 AM)34inXXIII Wrote: I think there are Bengals fans who want to vilify any behavior they can out of the Steelers to justify the actions of our own players. I just cannot imagine any player intentionally putting their head in the way of a potentially massive hit considering all of the risk to one's health. It's not like the Steelers were in desperation mode quite yet. They still had time to make some plays and get into field goal range.

It looked like instinct to me - a player (and one who was off-balance, at that) trying to brace himself for a big hit over the middle. Besides, to think that in that split second he made the conscious decision to try to draw the penalty is giving Brown too much credit.

Yeah but do you think the steelers coaches were like try to goat vontaze into doing something stupid and he didn't mean to get hit in the head?? Idk just how he looked in the interview how he said it so smugly just gave me that ehhh feeling
Reply/Quote
It's August. To quote Billy B...."we're on to New York".
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 09:02 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Yeah but do you think the steelers coaches were like try to goat vontaze into doing something stupid and he didn't mean to get hit in the head?? Idk just how he looked in the interview how he said it so smugly just gave me that ehhh feeling

This would imply that the Steeler's coaches knew that Burfict would be dropping deep into coverage to offer support on the route Brown was running.  Seems highly improbable.  Probably reading a bit too much into this.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 09:02 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Yeah but do you think the steelers coaches were like try to goat vontaze into doing something stupid and he didn't mean to get hit in the head?? Idk just how he looked in the interview how he said it so smugly just gave me that ehhh feeling

They didn't have to goad Burfict into making such a critical error. That's just how he plays. Risk vs reward. He will make some amazing plays - like the interception that should have sealed the victory for the Bengals - but he also makes some very damaging plays against his own team - like the hit that ultimately did seal the victory for the Steelers. As far as Brown's comments are concerned, he was probably just playing up what happened to either playfully or obnoxiously pat himself on the back.

On the other hand, the Steelers absolutely goaded Adam Jones into his penalty.  Again, that's the risk you run with an exceptional, yet very emotional player like Jones.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 11:18 AM)34inXXIII Wrote: They didn't have to goad Burfict into making such a critical error. That's just how he plays. Risk vs reward. He will make some amazing plays - like the interception that should have sealed the victory for the Bengals - but he also makes some very damaging plays against his own team - like the hit that ultimately did seal the victory for the Steelers. As far as Brown's comments are concerned, he was probably just playing up what happened to either playfully or obnoxiously pat himself on the back.

On the other hand, the Steelers absolutely goaded Adam Jones into his penalty.  Again, that's the risk you run with an exceptional, yet very emotional player like Jones.

Yeah, the Steelers goaded Adam but not Taze.

Still, these bastids are pathetic and i really hope we sweep their asses this year.

We win that first one without Burfict and that will sting leading up to the sweep with Burfict.
Reply/Quote
**** the Steelers
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
OP needs to get off the Steelers nuts.

[Image: nut.gif]

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 07:55 PM)Derrick Wrote: Deleted by Admin

[Image: sarcastic_clap.gif]
Reply/Quote