Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Takk McKinley released by Atlanta.
I for one with our DE in flux, would like us to take a flyer on this guy to see if he could be an option for 2021, will cost just 875,000 for remainder of year. He's put up solid numbers in the past
Reply/Quote
I'll admit I wanted him instead of JR. Seems neither have panned out, but I'd kick the tires.

I remember him being one of the better draft night interviews I've seen.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 06:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll admit I wanted him instead of JR. Seems neither have panned out, but I'd kick the tires.

I remember him being one of the better draft night interviews I've seen.

At this point the risk VS reward pencils out I think. 
If he could get healthy we could have a legit speed rusher. 
Reply/Quote
It's worth giving him a look, maybe a new scheme/change in scenery will do him good. But his best year so far would be close to the same as Dunlaps worst years.

Dunlap really came into his own years 4-10 though so maybe he could do the same.
Reply/Quote
No thanks.

The guy is not the kind of guy you want in the locker room. He wanted to be traded and went on social media talking about it, then when he didn't get traded he went on social media and started calling out the team for not trading him.

You just dumped a bad relationship in Dunlap, why would you jump right into another toxic situation. The guy isn't going to be happy unless he is starting on a contender.

No thanks.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 07:52 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: No thanks.

The guy is not the kind of guy you want in the locker room. He wanted to be traded and went on social media talking about it, then when he didn't get traded he went on social media and started calling out the team for not trading him.

You just dumped a bad relationship in Dunlap, why would you jump right into another toxic situation. The guy isn't going to be happy unless he is starting on a contender.

No thanks.

Ah, thanks for the added background insight.  I agree, pass..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I can't imagine he would make it through waivers. Jet's have first dibs and I doubt he gets by them.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 07:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ah, thanks for the added background insight.  I agree, pass..

No worries,

here is the story from ESPN and apparently he was upset last season as well and wanted out.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30286883/atlanta-falcons-waive-former-first-round-pick-takk-mckinley

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 09:04 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: No worries,

here is the story from ESPN and apparently he was upset last season as well and wanted out.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30286883/atlanta-falcons-waive-former-first-round-pick-takk-mckinley

From that story:

McKinley had expressed his desire to be traded before the trade deadline and took to social media to say the Falcons turned down fifth- and sixth-round draft pick offers from multiple teams despite his request to be traded.

The fourth-year veteran also said that he requested a trade last year but Atlanta turned down a second-round pick offer for him then. Now McKinley is free to choose where he goes once he clears waivers.

I have never seen a player quote what was actually offered to a team for them before.  I am not sure how he would know this information, but it shows how Atlanta did the same thing as Cincy, rather than get something for him.  The odd part is releasing him a few days later.  Cincy is seemingly holding on to Price and Ross to either further evaluate (how you look on the bench?) or for depth.  
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 10:07 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: From that story:

McKinley had expressed his desire to be traded before the trade deadline and took to social media to say the Falcons turned down fifth- and sixth-round draft pick offers from multiple teams despite his request to be traded.

The fourth-year veteran also said that he requested a trade last year but Atlanta turned down a second-round pick offer for him then. Now McKinley is free to choose where he goes once he clears waivers.

I have never seen a player quote what was actually offered to a team for them before.  I am not sure how he would know this information, but it shows how Atlanta did the same thing as Cincy, rather than get something for him.  The odd part is releasing him a few days later.  Cincy is seemingly holding on to Price and Ross to either further evaluate (how you look on the bench?) or for depth.  

For Ross, it's depth only. Ross will be activated if and when there is an injury to WR.
Price still has another year after this season, but they just acquired BJ Finney.
And Taylor has said that once Hopkins is healthy (should be for this week), he will be the starter once again.
So when it comes to Price, I feel it's for depth this year, and I think the team will decide between him or Finney to be their backup IOL in camp next year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 10:07 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: From that story:

Have to assume he is getting that info on the offers from his agent.

And with Price, we still have time to trade him and Ross.... I don't know why they kept him. That comp pick isn't going to be that great and you have WRs on the practice squad if you need them.

Reply/Quote
Glad we picked Takk up. Nice move.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 07:52 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: No thanks.

No thanks.

I'm not big on picking up openly disgruntled players like this, but a change in scenery may do his attitude good. I would just hope the FO keeps a long memory on this if he has success here. Even if he plays well, I would never want to give this guy a long contract that he could spoil 1-2 years in.
Reply/Quote