Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tales of Kirkpatrick's departure premature???
Tales of Kirkpatick's departure premature?

I don't know man, it looks to me like they already signed his replacement in Waynes. They now just signed Alexander to fill Dennard's spot. Jackson is the youngest of our 1st round CBs, I really feel like they want to give him a shot at turning things around, and getting back to that budding star he started out to be.

I agree with those that say that Kirkpatrick hasn't been moved yet, because of inability to get physical exams done.

Edit: Now, if Kirkpatrick were to agree to restructure for less money (which I really don't see happening) then that would leave the Bengals with some fantastic depth at the position.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 04:51 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I disagree.. he was a top rated Corner 2 years ago.. had some injuries also.. last two years very few Def. players performed well.. it is more a unit thing than a individual thing... 

(03-19-2020, 04:53 PM)Okeana Wrote: agreed we know what we have with Kirkpatrick and Jackson has a much higher ceiling.  

Agree with you guys obviously.
Reply/Quote
So do I.
Reply/Quote
There's no way Kirkpatrick has any trade value whatsoever.

It's true that somebody has to moved, and odds are like 98% that it's Kirkpatrick. But they won't do it until Waynes and Alexander pass their physicals.

The other 2% is that they're angling for a WJIII trade. Yeah I'd rather trade Kirkpatrick but good luck. WJIII actually has trade value. Anarumo loves ball production, and it's the only thing WJIII doesn't do.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 05:54 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: There's no way Kirkpatrick has any trade value whatsoever.

It's true that somebody has to moved, and odds are like 98% that it's Kirkpatrick. But they won't do it until Waynes and Alexander pass their physicals.

The other 2% is that they're angling for a WJIII trade. Yeah I'd rather trade Kirkpatrick but good luck. WJIII actually has trade value. Anarumo loves ball production, and it's the only thing WJIII doesn't do.

Yes, but neither does DreK.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 07:02 PM)McC Wrote: Yes, but neither does DreK.

Yeah, 4 ints in his career and 2 in one game against Peyton.

Dre ain't no ballhawk, at least WJ3 knows how to get his hands on some balls and makes a bad ass play once in awhile and has upside.

There is no upside with Dre, cut the man and save the money for WJ3'snext extension is my vote. Phillips is our ballhawk CB.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 04:51 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I disagree.. he was a top rated Corner 2 years ago.. had some injuries also.. last two years very few Def. players performed well.. it is more a unit thing than a individual thing... 

WhoDey2 Agreed, and that sounds more like a scheme issue... 
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 04:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Tales of Kirkpatick's departure premature?

I don't know man, it looks to me like they already signed his replacement in Waynes.  They now just signed Alexander to fill Dennard's spot.  Jackson is the youngest of our 1st round CBs, I really feel like they want to give him a shot at turning things around, and getting back to that budding star he started out to be.

I agree with those that say that Kirkpatrick hasn't been moved yet, because of inability to get physical exams done.

Edit:  Now, if Kirkpatrick were to agree to restructure for less money (which I really don't see happening) then that would leave the Bengals with some fantastic depth at the position.

[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 08:47 PM)psychdoctor Wrote:  

I guess that would make some sense but it also begs the question--just how many damn CB's does one team need?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 08:47 PM)psychdoctor Wrote:  

Well I guess I could live with this.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 08:57 PM)McC Wrote: I guess that would make some sense but it also begs the question--just how many damn CB's does one team need?

Usually at least one more than than think they do.

Maybe Dre will go back to being an all world gunner on the punt team.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 09:04 PM)Whatever Wrote: Usually at least one more than than think they do.

Maybe Dre will go back to being an all world gunner on the punt team.

They also stash one or two on the PS too.

Reply/Quote
When's the last time the Bengals "restructured" a deal?
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 09:45 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: When's the last time the Bengals "restructured" a deal?

When's the last time the Bengals signed two guys in their prime before FA even officially opened and even made one of them the highest paid player at his position?

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 08:57 PM)McC Wrote: I guess that would make some sense but it also begs the question--just how many damn CB's does one team need?

I remember one year we started with like 6 or 8, and finished the season barely being able to field a backfield.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 10:00 PM)McC Wrote: When's the last time the Bengals signed two guys in their prime before FA even officially opened and even made one of them the highest paid player at his position?

Exactly, it seems like they actually want to give Zac Taylor a fighting chance to put together a team in his vision this year.  It just seems strange to us, as it's not the typical Bengals way of doing business.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 10:00 PM)McC Wrote: When's the last time the Bengals signed two guys in their prime before FA even officially opened and even made one of them the highest paid player at his position?

Like never in my Michael Caine voice!

(03-19-2020, 10:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Exactly, it seems like they actually want to give Zac Taylor a fighting chance to put together a team in his vision this year.  It just seems strange to us, as it's not the typical Bengals way of doing business.

Aye. Mellow

Sorry for my Irish accent, coming off green brewskies day also called St. Patrick's Day!!!
Reply/Quote
It does make sense to go heavy at CB with the two extra roster spots. CBs seem to get injured/depleted on us. Smaller players having to tackle running backs on the perimeter. Not easy.

I love the strategy of signing sure tacklers that can cover.

Could see Dre getting cut/traded as he doesn't have a starting spot anymore. The depth would be nice on a restructured deal, but I would assume he's gone at some point soon.
Reply/Quote

You didn't hear ?

[Image: hell-frozen.jpg?w=584]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 10:19 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: It does make sense to go heavy at CB with the two extra roster spots. CBs seem to get injured/depleted on us. Smaller players having to tackle running backs on the perimeter. Not easy.

I love the strategy of signing sure tacklers that can cover.

Could see Dre getting cut/traded as he doesn't have a starting spot anymore. The depth would be nice on a restructured deal, but I would assume he's gone at some point soon.

I'll be a good bit surprised if Dre is a Bengal this season.
Reply/Quote