Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Talk to me about this defense
(08-05-2019, 04:22 PM)TopSix Wrote: Austin was fired in early November after the Saints Embarrassment.

The Schedule post Saints was also much easier from an offensive opponent standpoint.

Even so, the alleged 'scheme' issues that will now be magically solved (With the same players)

Post Austin

Ravens - L . - Gave up nearly 275 Yards on the ground

Browns - L - Hammered by Cleveland.  Mayfield 4 Tds.  

Broncos - L   Gave up 200+ Yards rushing

Chargers - Played well

Raiders - Played Well

Browns .  425 Yards .  3 More Baker Tds and 150 rushing yards

Steelers - All their skill players were out

Ok I'll play with the troll.
1.) Nick Vigil didn't play in the first two games under Marvin when he came back the Defense played well.
2.) It should be mentioned that the offense during the last 5 games.
3.) The Steelers were only missing Antonio Brown.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2019, 08:19 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Ok I'll play with the troll.
1.) Nick Vigil didn't play in the first two games under Marvin when he came back the Defense played well.
2.) It should be mentioned that the offense during the last 5 games.
3.) The Steelers were only missing Antonio Brown.

Honestly, Austin vs Marvin debate aside...

Our LB's could not cover passes. They gave up some 1800+ yards receiving.

Now, no doubt getting Nickerson and Evans out of the lineup for Vigil improved that some. Nickerson was pretty terrible. Evans wasn't good either.

I kind of question if Preston Brown is the right kind of LB for the defense. He's kind of a run thumper that isn't the fastest guy. Not really a great fit for the modern NFL.
Reply/Quote
I see alot of people writing off the defense because of the linebackers, but Cincy hasn't had great linebackers in a long long time and still they have been in the top half of the league in defense in the Dalton Era. Burfict was close he was very good in the run game but around average in coverage.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2019, 08:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, Austin vs Marvin debate aside...

Our LB's could not cover passes. They gave up some 1800+ yards receiving.

Now, no doubt getting Nickerson and Evans out of the lineup for Vigil improved that some. Nickerson was pretty terrible. Evans wasn't good either.

I kind of question if Preston Brown is the right kind of LB for the defense. He's kind of a run thumper that isn't the fastest guy. Not really a great fit for the modern NFL.

Yeah our LB were the weakness of the Defense last season know one would say you're wrong on that. 
With that being said Vigil was having a good season prior to him getting hurt. His injury also lead to the downfall of the defense. People forget that we were coming off our best game of the season before he got hurt.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Brown was actually decent in coverage prior to getting hurt then having to play the season injured. Plus as the Pats showed everyone there is a remedy to modern defenses - good old fashioned power football.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote