Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tampa Bay potential weather issues
The storm is going further west than expected, so the only issue I see would be if lightning is in the area.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2021, 10:13 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: La Cloche! I've never been, but looking it up, it's by Sault Ste. Marie, which is indeed 7 hours from Toronto, but is a much-more direct drive through Michigan, from BGSU, so that makes sense.

Pike are my favourite lake fish to eat; if their bones weren't an absolute nightmare, I'd think they'd be more-popular than Walleye (which is the lake fish of choice in Canada), but they can make eating it rough lol.

I make a Mantuan (Mantua {or Mantova, in Italian} is 2 hours southeast of Milan, where my parents and family are from) Pike dish that boils (essentially poaching) the Pike in a big pot, in a court bouillon-type concoction, then stripping the meat from the bones and skin and mixing it in a special green sauce (basically parsley, minced anchovies, garlic, butter, salt), then you let it sit for up to a day in the sauce, served with fresh polenta.

It is beyond delicious, so tasty and filling:

That actually sounds similar to how her mom and her "local" friends prepped our fish!  It was amazing.  And they ate it with crackers???  I just remember how amazing it was.  Good times.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote