Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tampa/KC made 1 important move to get them to the big game
Each franchise replaced their GMs which in turn made intelligent savy front office moves to get them to the SB

I will preface by saying John Dorsey was huge in building that roster
But ownership felt it was time to move on..so Brett Veach is.the
GM on.record for the last 2 SBs for.them

Mark Dominick.was GM for Bucs then replaced by Licht who.has been their for 6 years.

If a team.changes a GM good things can happen.Just ask the Browns 49ers Bills.

Yet Bengals ownership is married to Duke Tobin for some reason
As great as Burrow can be, Tobin will never make the moves
To ensure that.
Reply/Quote
Because Tobin isn't REALLY the GM. They have to have someone willing to be a puppet front for the Browns/Blackburns. Doubt any quality GM would ever want to come work for Mike Brown, because Mike Brown wouldn't want to give the control that a quality GM would require.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2021, 10:56 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Because Tobin isn't REALLY the GM. They have to have someone willing to be a puppet front for the Browns/Blackburns. Doubt any quality GM would ever want to come work for Mike Brown, because Mike Brown wouldn't want to give the control that a quality GM would require.

I think money also played a big part in it.  

Mike Brown thought he was smarter than everyone and thought he could win without spending money, and he was just too bullheaded to realize that his failures weren't bad luck or anything, they were just him being a tight ass.

I think that Troy will give up power and hire a GM once Mike Brown dies or officially gives up control because Troy and Katie have wanted it since at least 2008.

Mike's 85 so you gotta wonder how much longer he has.

Knowing our luck, he'll live to be 110 and still be cognitive enough to stop Troy and Katie from hiring a GM, and then you have to wonder, with all the new head injury information and everything, if the league will even be around long enough to enjoy the success that a GM would bring.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2021, 09:04 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I think money also played a big part in it.  

Mike Brown thought he was smarter than everyone and thought he could win without spending money, and he was just too bullheaded to realize that his failures weren't bad luck or anything, they were just him being a tight ass.

I think that Troy will give up power and hire a GM once Mike Brown dies or officially gives up control because Troy and Katie have wanted it since at least 2008.

Mike's 85 so you gotta wonder how much longer he has.

bKnowing our luck, he'll live to be 110 and still be cognitive enough to stop Troy and Katie from hiring a GM, and then you have to wonder, with all the new head injury information and everything, if the league will even be around long enough to enjoy the success that a GM would bring.

I don't know if it's true anymore, but for quite some time, Mike Brown was paying himself a $1m/yr salary for being GM.

Probably.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2021, 09:16 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I don't know if it's true anymore, but for quite some time, Mike Brown was paying himself a $1m/yr salary for being GM.

Probably.

I forgot about that but he most likely is still paying himself that.

The thing is, though, that he'd make so much more as owner to make-up for losing that and for having to pay a GM if he just hired one.  That's where the tight ass and the thinking he's smart enough to run things clash into each other.
Reply/Quote