Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tampa fires Lovie Smith
Pretty crazy stuff
Reply/Quote
Yeah, pretty crazy.  Especially when you consider that they seemed to get better through the season.

But, I will say that Jameis Winston is no Blake Bortles.. Jags are set to build for a contender.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Wonder if Lovie would be up for a DC position back in the good ole Midwest?
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 01:28 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: Wonder if Lovie would be up for a DC position back in the good ole Midwest?

Where?

He is a Tampa 2 guy. That defense is soft
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 01:38 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Where?  

He is a Tampa 2 guy.   That defense is soft

Soft?  Only with the wrong players.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 01:39 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Soft?  Only with the wrong players.

list all the Tampa 2 defenses currently in the league which are dominant.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 01:21 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, pretty crazy.  Especially when you consider that they seemed to get better through the season.

But, I will say that Jameis Winston is no Blake Bortles..  Jags are set to build for a contender.

I'm not sure I'd say losing 6 of your last 7 games and ending the season with a 4 game losing streak counts as "getting better through the season!"
Reply/Quote
Teams that picked 1 and 2 in last year's draft have fired their coaches before year 2 ended. Oh, both got their franchise quarterbacks.

If these bottom feeder organizations keep operating with impossible expectations, they will continue their failjectory in perpetuity.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 02:41 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not sure I'd say losing 6 of your last 7 games and ending the season with a 4 game losing streak counts as "getting better through the season!"

Apparently the organization there thought the same thing!   Smirk
Reply/Quote