Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tank Bowl Bengals vs Dolphins 2019
C'mon admit it most of us wanted the top pick that year. And with the recent news Miami ownership also wanted the top pick.

And to think that darn Andy Dalton almost cost us Joe Burrow as he rallied the Bengals to tie and go to OT with tanking Dolphins before whooray Miami won the game and the Bengals were assured the worst record in 2019. Tongue
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
As I said in another thread that took a similar turn towards this. Missing out on Burrow would have sucked, but at least we know Mike Brown wasn't going to draft Tua.

Sucks to be the Dolphins. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Kind of tough to even try to blame Andy who was then fighting to keep a job in the league. It seems like Andy is making a second career at beating Joe in regular season games though which is kind of ironic.. LOL Dallas then Chicago.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 01:17 PM)grampahol Wrote: Kind of tough to even try to blame Andy who was then fighting to keep a job in the league. It seems like Andy is making a second career at beating Joe in regular season games though which is kind of ironic.. LOL Dallas then Chicago.. 

No reasonable person would blame Andy for balling out to keep his starting gig.  And, it was one of the most exciting/entertaining losses this franchise ever had, so all credit to him.  I mean, they damn near pulled it off.  As to him beating the Bengals since, both games were of little consequence, though last year's loss to the 'Boys put us in better position for Chase.   So, kudos to Andy.  Maybe the Browns can send him one of their 'I beat the Super Bowl Champs twice and all I got was this lousy t-shirt' shirts.  Gonna be quite popular in The Flats come springtime.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Wonder how many Wendy's coupons Mike gave Zac to bench Andy?
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 01:26 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: No reasonable person would blame Andy for balling out to keep his starting gig.  And, it was one of the most exciting/entertaining losses this franchise ever had, so all credit to him.  I mean, they damn near pulled it off.  As to him beating the Bengals since, both games were of little consequence, though last year's loss to the 'Boys put us in better position for Chase.   So, kudos to Andy.  Maybe the Browns can send him one of their 'I beat the Super Bowl Champs twice and all I got was this lousy t-shirt' shirts.  Gonna be quite popular in The Flats come springtime.  

I was being sarcastic about with the comment about Andy, although I remember reading many members here on this website were upset that Andy was going 100% to win that game.  Smirk
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 01:07 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: C'mon admit it most of us wanted the top pick that year. And with the recent news Miami ownership also wanted the top pick.

And to think that darn Andy Dalton almost cost us Joe Burrow as he rallied the Bengals to tie and go to OT with tanking Dolphins before whooray Miami won the game and the Bengals were assured the worst record in 2019.  Tongue

We owe it to Flores who ignored and refused the 100K per loss bonus he was offered to tank that year according to reports. Maybe Mike Brown can offer him a job?
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 01:39 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I was being sarcastic about with the comment about Andy, although I remember reading many members here on this website were upset that Andy was going 100% to win that game.  Smirk

It was a strange vibe in the GD thread, to be sure.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 01:07 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: C'mon admit it most of us wanted the top pick that year. And with the recent news Miami ownership also wanted the top pick.

And to think that darn Andy Dalton almost cost us Joe Burrow as he rallied the Bengals to tie and go to OT with tanking Dolphins before whooray Miami won the game and the Bengals were assured the worst record in 2019.  Tongue

Burrow might have won a Super Bowl as a rookie with Miami and that defense.

Luckily he ended up here.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 01:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wonder how many Wendy's coupons Mike gave Zac to bench Andy?

Yeah, the decision to "see what we have in our backup QB" was, um, interesting....

But I'm pretty sure we would have taken Herbert if Miami took Joe.  Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade Joe for Herbert and their #1 for the next 5 years.  But the cupboard wouldn't have been bare.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 01:12 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: As I said in another thread that took a similar turn towards this. Missing out on Burrow would have sucked, but at least we know Mike Brown wasn't going to draft Tua.

Sucks to be the Dolphins. Lol

Tua isn't even that bad.
He's just been more of a game manager to this point.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 02:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Tua isn't even that bad.

Tua is an incredible talent at QB.  He was more efficient even than Burrow in college. (199.4 career to Burrow's 172.4 and 206.9 in '19 to Burrow's 202.0).  He was deadly accurate and threw a beautiful deep ball.

But he just has too many health issues.
Reply/Quote
The only game I ever rooted for the Bengals to lose, and I actually was rooting for them to lose.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 02:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Tua isn't even that bad.
He's just been more of a game manager to this point.

Dude's been hurt like the last 4 years in a row. Combine that with a career 194 passing yards per game and 6.6 yards per attempt. Big 'ol bleh.

Even if the passing numbers improve, you still gotta stay healthy. Otherwise you're just Sam Bradford.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The way we played that day though made be proud of that team. Yeah they sucked but damn they played to the final whistle. I think we learned a lot about Zac during that first season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 04:28 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Dude's been hurt like the last 4 years in a row. Combine that with a career 194 passing yards per game and 6.6 yards per attempt. Big 'ol bleh.

Even if the passing numbers improve, you still gotta stay healthy. Otherwise you're just Sam Bradford.

Injury risk was definitely a thing with Tagovailoa, but he only has 5 less starts than Burrow.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 04:26 PM)michaelsean Wrote: The only game I ever rooted for the Bengals to lose, and I actually was rooting for them to lose.

THIS!!  Good Post
Reply/Quote
I'm glad we were still playing. Tyler Boyd won me my fantasy championship with his performance. I also had Dalton and Fitzmagic and I almost went all in with both of them but decided to sit them both or else I would've really won big ( its a 2 quarterback league).

But that news coming out definitely brought something to light that I certainly never thought before. A team is bad we all say tank and get the #1 pick. But the HC is gambling with his career. More so if that HC is a person of color. Now that may seem ridiculous but when a guy like Flores who showed some serious chops coaching and who Miami should've probably hung on to can't even get an actual interview before it's already been decided is a bad look. Also kind of shows New Yorks own dysfunction. I'm sure the Bills OC is a good candidate but I wouldn't be making up my mind before a guy like Flores is coming in who has shown real recent success. I mean Hues time in Cleveland killed his career and if the Browns were only focused long term than they just kind of hung him out to dry.
Reply/Quote