Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tank Bowl -- Greatest game in Bengal History!!!
(12-23-2022, 04:22 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: False: 2-13: we still had the #1 pick.

Literally NOBODY knows and thus, acknowledges this: a win there and we still have the #1 pick, but we would've needed to lose at home the next week as a result. This game's outcome only assured that we locked in the #1 pick.

All told, even though I'd never root against our guys, the win next week against the Browns was SO sweet and SO awesome, in hindsight, I'm over the moon at how things panned out.

To finish the season.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2022, 03:49 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yes 3-13 and Tua would be much better.

As Frank and a lot of the twitterverse has said, if the Bengals win that game they'd have Herbert not Tua. Zac and company coached Herbert at the Senior Bowl and had high praise for him. I was actually in favor of trading down, getting more picks and taking Herbert at the time. Glad it worked out this way but again, no Burrow and we'd still have a damn good QB under center, just doesn't have that same fire as Burrow from the outside looking in. Herbert reminds me of Palmer, that laid back lead by being good thing, where Burrow seems to take losing personally and motivates and elevates those around him.

Also, while I never wanted Tua and am glad the team didn't draft him, everyone does realize he is leading the Dolphins to the playoffs right?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2022, 04:25 PM)michaelsean Wrote: What’s the straw man?

I said celebrating a loss is pathetic. You brought up Tua as the bengals future qb if the bengals beat miami. That had nothing to do with my point.

Plus cincy is on record saying they would’ve gotten Herbert

Just because this loss against Miami got them Burrow, doesn’t mean I think it’s a classic game we should celebrate like a lot of people seem to think
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2022, 02:11 PM)Southpaw Frerotte Wrote: In hindsight, if the outcome of this game was switched, the course of Bengals history is drastically different. No way Tua leads us to the success we’re having with Joe.

Justin Herbert would've been a nice consolation prize. I remember Zac was all about him too. It all worked out though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2022, 04:22 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: False: 2-13: we still had the #1 pick.

Literally NOBODY knows and thus, acknowledges this: a win there and we still have the #1 pick, but we would've needed to lose at home the next week as a result. This game's outcome only assured that we locked in the #1 pick.

All told, even though I'd never root against our guys, the win next week against the Browns was SO sweet and SO awesome, in hindsight, I'm over the moon at how things panned out.

That’s right. I’ve always believed that if they had won the Miami game they would have found a way to lose the Browns game.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2022, 04:29 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I said celebrating a loss is pathetic. You brought up Tua as the bengals future qb if the bengals beat miami. That had nothing to do with my point.

Plus cincy is on record saying they would’ve gotten Herbert

Just because this loss against Miami got them Burrow, doesn’t mean I think it’s a classic game we should celebrate like a lot of people seem to think

Sure it did. It’s an explanation of why it wasn’t pathetic. Nothing gained by the win and much potentially lost. And if you want to replace Tua with Herbert that’s fine. My answer remains the same.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2022, 04:27 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: As Frank and a lot of the twitterverse has said, if the Bengals win that game they'd have Herbert not Tua. Zac and company coached Herbert at the Senior Bowl and had high praise for him. I was actually in favor of trading down, getting more picks and taking Herbert at the time. Glad it worked out this way but again, no Burrow and we'd still have a damn good QB under center, just doesn't have that same fire as Burrow from the outside looking in. Herbert reminds me of Palmer, that laid back lead by being good thing, where Burrow seems to take losing personally and motivates and elevates those around him.

Also, while I never wanted Tua and am glad the team didn't draft him, everyone does realize he is leading the Dolphins to the playoffs right?

Herbert/Tua take your pick. I don’t want either in place of Joe. That game cemented we got Burrow. Worth it.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2022, 05:12 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Sure it did. It’s an explanation of why it wasn’t pathetic. Nothing gained by the win and much potentially lost. And if you want to replace Tua with Herbert that’s fine. My answer remains the same.

Go ahead and celebrate a loss

I certainly won’t. I don’t think any fanbase considers a game they lost as a classic because it lead to them drafting a certain player. It’s pathetic
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2022, 05:19 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Go ahead and celebrate a loss

I certainly won’t. I don’t think any fanbase considers a game they lost as a classic because it lead to them drafting a certain player. It’s pathetic

Do you prefer the Steelers having multiple 2-15 seasons stockpiling great draft picks or multiple 9-8 seasons missing the playoffs and mid-high draft picks?
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2022, 04:26 PM)michaelsean Wrote: To finish the season.

But we may not have won that last game, is my point: 2 wins got you the 1st pick and if you had 3, then it would get muddied.

So at that point, we still hadn't hit 3 wins, thus we still had the 1st pick: the next week would've been the clincher (one way or another), instead of Miami, had we won the Miami game.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Tua, Herbert and Burrow are all solid players. Any of them would have improved our circumstances, I'd give more credit to Lou for making the biggest and solid reason we even went to the super bowl. Burrow's rise wasn't instant, not even as fast as Carson's, but glad he's come a long way from 0 to the superbowl and still going strong-er!
Reply/Quote