Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tank for Jackson?
If things continue to look bleak should we just tank the season for Lamar Jackson?
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
He's like the 4th best qb prospect coming out in 18
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 01:07 PM)Trademark Wrote: If things continue to look bleak should we just tank the season for Lamar Jackson?

No, that wouldn't help.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
From what I've seen Jackson isn't even considered a 1st Rounder. He's not that good of a passer.

That could change this year I suppose.
Reply/Quote
Darnold or Rosen would be a better shout.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 01:10 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: He's like the 4th best qb prospect coming out in 18

This. I'd be pissed if we ended up with the #1 pick AND took Jackson. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
No quarterback would thrive when you make every RDE all world every given Sunday.

Build up the OL and the bengals are fine with dalton or mccarron. If the bengals went qb they are only doubling down on cedO again.
Reply/Quote
WTF do we need another qb?  What is wrong with this team?  NOT the QB.  Its the OL.  I don't care where we pick at in the first round....if its not an OL, the team will revert back to the late 90's. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
We're 4 new offensive lineman away. 4!

It's going to take years to fix this mess.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 01:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We're 4 new offensive lineman away. 4!

It's going to take years to fix this mess.

Eh. I'd say 3 and it could be done in a year. (You can disguise 1 bad/average OL)

FA- 1-2
Draft 1-2

It won't happpen, but it's possible
Reply/Quote
Let them cut him Andy. Please. I won't care how good or bad McCarron is. Tank for a top 5 pick, draft a good QB, non-renew Lewis and start this shit show over. Preferably Darnold. He's special. Lamar Jackson is not a first round pick and may not even be an NFL QB.

I get that Dalton wasn't the only reason yesterday happened but, other than Lewis, he's the biggest. He blew key throws and got picked off when there was no pressure on him. He's just bad.

Can't replace an entire offensive line during a season but they could grab just about anyone off the waiver wire who would be better than Ogbiggy. That should also happen immediately.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
If there is a new QB it should be Driskell - Only a QB with some kind of escape / running ability would be able to survive behind the shitty O LINE
Reply/Quote
IF, and that's a big IF, we end up in the top 3, then we should definitely take a QB. The recent track record of tackles taken high in the draft is terrible. You only get a chance to get a premier QB every now and then. This would be the chance to do it.

After that, I would be taking the top C in the draft as well as the top OG - even if it meant trading a guy to get a pick.
Reply/Quote
Draft Darnold or Mcglichey
Reply/Quote
After one game? Wow. Weak. Why even watch the games?

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 01:14 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: No quarterback would thrive when you make every RDE all world every given Sunday.  

Build up the OL and the bengals are fine with dalton or mccarron. If the bengals went qb they are only doubling down on cedO again.

Tank for Trey Adams

"During the summer leading up to fall camp, scouting sources with NFL teams who had gone ahead to work the 2018 class during the spring told me that they thought Adams had the potential to be an elite prospect. Sources say that they think that Adams could emerge as one of the top talents for the 2018 NFL Draft and had him in the top three of all players entering the season. They compared Adams' size and athleticism to Taylor Lewan coming out of Michigan, and also said that Adams has good technique to go with his impressive skill set."

"As a run blocker, Adams can create a push at the point of attack. He is a true bull who overwhelms defenders at the point of attack, and he is able to knock defenders back to open holes in their gaps. Adams' speed and athletic ability can be seen as he is quick to hit blocks on the perimeter and the second level."

That would help more than a QB.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
One game in, and we are talking about tanking?

It was a bad loss and all, but I think we can leave the tampons in the drawer for another few weeks.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The Bengals need a stalwart LT before they need to get another QB.
Luckily, there are a lot of good OTs in this upcoming draft.
I'm hoping to see two OL selected within the first three rounds of next year's draft (C to replace Bodine, 1st rd LT) and another OL on the right side depending on performance of that side this year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 01:12 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Darnold or Rosen would be a better shout.

This. I wouldn't touch Jackson with a 50-foot pole. I hate run-first QB's. They NEVER last in the NFL. Not to mention Jackson's throwing ability is very unimpressive. If he's drafted in the first round, it'll be RGIII all over again. 
Reply/Quote
Hasn't Cleveland been trying this approach for the last 20 years?
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote