Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tank for Jackson?
(09-11-2017, 03:22 PM)Au165 Wrote: Anyone else think it is funny we just had a QB sacked 5 times and hurried at least another 5 times, and people rather than wanting to draft a tackle are calling for another QB?

I don't care who we draft, as long as he's injured.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If the bengals are drafting 1st overall and think Darnold, Rosen, or Allen is a sure fire top 10 qb for the next decade then I could get on board drafting them. Even though I think Andy Dalton is more than capable of winning us a SB with a decent line and coaching staff...but if they spend a top draft pick on Jackson as a QB I will stop watching the NFL all together.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 03:48 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Very true, although I strongly believe we win the Pittsburgh game if Palmer doesn't go down.

The years with Palmer we had a good, not great roster.  I feel like we've had a great roster with Dalton and he still couldn't get over the hump - hence the difference.

Same can be said about '15.  If Dalton doesn't go down, we not only likely win the game, but also likely go onto the Super Bowl.  Heck, he was listed among the top candidates for MVP, before the injury.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I don't think we need a qb. Yet.

Build up BOTH LINES!! When you have the best offensive and defensive lines in the NFL, you can do almost anything you want with your QB/backfield.

Dalton is still plenty capable, he just needs confidence in his offensive line to give him enough time to go through his reads. He didn't get that AT ALL yesterday and last year.

Dalton is fine. Our QB situation is fine. It's the coaching staff, our line and our owner. If we can fix our coaching staff and the owner and the rest will fix itself, because the staff will make better decisions.
Reply/Quote
Uhm no no way

Whats the tagline gonna be? Slack for Jax?
Reply/Quote
[Image: tenor.gif]
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 07:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Same can be said about '15.  If Dalton doesn't go down, we not only likely win the game, but also likely go onto the Super Bowl.  Heck, he was listed among the top candidates for MVP, before the injury.

That's hard to say, because we've been in that spot before with Dalton and we've lost.

Although I did think that we had the best team in the league that year and I really thought if he was healthy we go deep.
Reply/Quote
Jacksons arm is plenty strong enough for NFL if he harnesses his accuracy.

He is much better this year than last but agree he is not ready yet.

Still going to win back to back Heisman trophies though.

Go Cards ! and Who Dey !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Bengals couldn't pull it off, they can't do anything else right; and they can't tank right either. Last year was a great opportunity to tank, but they'll always win just enough games to pick about 8th or 9th.
Reply/Quote