Poll: Tank it?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tank the season?
Should we just tank the season? Yes why No why?
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 01:21 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: Should we just tank the season? Yes why No why?

you mean Fans?? this does not apply to the players and coaches... they don;t tank.. they have too much at stake individually... 

Hell look at last year and our 2nd to last game and the great comeback against Miami that could have lead to not having the #1 pick in Burrow.

The coaches and players as a whole will play to win NOT to Tank.. very bad culture to instill in your team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bengals are 2-7-1 this season, 4-21-1 over the last two seasons, their coaches are inept, and either Ryan Finley or Brandon Allen (both QBs with career <47% completion rate) is going to be the QB for the next 6 games.

They don't need to tank. They will suck sufficiently to go 0-6 regardless of intent.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I just don’t think Zac has it as a coach. I want to see him fail and get canned. New head coach replaces the bad apple coaches.

Now you could say the best case scenario would be Zac proves himself and we tear things up next year. But what’s more likely to happen is somewhere in the middle—Zac wins one or two games to save his job in unimpressive fashion. This likely leads to more mediocrity next year. I prefer things imploding and a new staff coming in. We’ll see.

To answer the poll I don’t want to see us tank. I want Zac to get exposed as a bad choke as he tries desperately to save his job and fails. That would be for the best. The high draft pick for the new regime would be the icing on the cake.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 02:03 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: They don't need to tank. They will suck sufficiently to go 0-6 regardless of intent.

/thread.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I hope they tank the city stadium deal too and get sold to a competent management group in San Antonio. Our only hope.
Reply/Quote
Season tanked.
[Image: v5ah2nay3r541.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 01:21 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: Should we just tank the season? Yes why No why?

Yes, they did last year and that is how we got the best player on the team.  I wanted to get some wins when Burrow was in there to build some momentum for next year, but I would just rather get the highest draft picks possible right now.  
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 04:17 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Season tanked.

That is a straight up artillery shell.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 10:58 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: That is a straight up artillery shell.

Signifies our pain.
Reply/Quote
I couldn’t support a team that loses on purpose. 

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 11:15 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I couldn’t support a team that loses on purpose. 

Me either. Fortunately the Cincinnati Bengals can try their hardest and still lose. This team is tanking without trying to tank.
Reply/Quote
To me, "tanking" implies either trying to lose, or wanting to lose. It's an intentional act.

I don't think we need to try, or to want to do anything. Losing with this current team is simply inevitable. So, sit back and enjoy the show. Just don't come back and tell me afterwards it was all part of some masterplan.

We just stink, there's no hidden agenda that's driving these losses. And fwiw, this applies to last season as well. This team wanted to win then, and they want to win now. They're just not very good at it.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 04:17 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Season tanked.

Damn... Did that require a trip to the ER after you laid that load?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 11:41 AM)jason Wrote: Damn... Did that require a trip to the ER after you laid that load?

Thats just a normal weeknight for Fred Johnson after a trip to Golden Corral...

Reply/Quote
I don't think we have to tank it. I don't think we are better team now with no Burrow, Reader, Waynes, Uzomah, Mixon and others than teams we have left to play.

The Giants and Cowboys are both still in the hunt to win their division (hard to believe) so playing any playoff team or team in the hunt with our backups is not likely to brighten your day if you are hoping for a win.

Yes, we are that bad.

It would be good management to test young guys the last 6 weeks of the season and sit the vets like Geno who we know what he can do. Why not treat the last 6 games (little to no fans in stadium anyway) as the start of the 2021 preseason.

I could sell that message to my team easily, we are not tanking and want full effort, but we are going to give a lot of guys some NFL experience to see if they belong in the NFL.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 11:41 AM)jason Wrote: Damn...  Did that require a trip to the ER after you laid that load?

Well, I can't sit down this morning, But I was thinking about MB for some reason.   Shocked
Reply/Quote

What are you talking about?  They don't have to TRY and tank to lose the rest of the games.  Just look at our QB play and sign off on the losses.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 02:01 PM)Stewy Wrote: What are you talking about?  They don't have to TRY and tank to lose the rest of the games.  Just look at our QB play and sign off on the losses.

DingDing
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 11:15 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I couldn’t support a team that loses on purpose. 

No team can ever put players on the filed that are not trying as hard as possible to win.  Especially in football where these guys are literally putting their bodies and health on the line.

So the only way to tank is to play back ups.  In order to do this you either have to trade away starters or bench them for minor injuries.

I think Taylor began to lose the locker room last year when he benched Dalton for Finley.  Vets who were putting the bodies on the line to play were probably pissed off that the coach was not giving them a chance to win.
Reply/Quote