Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tannehill get 19.5 mill/year new money in extension,
Tannehill just signed a 6 yr $96 mill extension, he was due $18.3 mill the next 2 years in base salary and top 10 pick option, so he gets $19.5/yr new money for 2017-20. $19.5 mill/yr new money for 2017-20
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
That's interesting.
He also got some new weapons to play with this year. He better live up to it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
That's a good deal for Ryan Tannehill, in my opinion. He's trending up, and if he continues that way, it could be a great re-signing. He might lead the Dolphins to being relevant again.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I remember stating in 2013 that the Ravens paid Flacco the new going price for a franchise QB. That was after he won Super Bowl MVP.

Now we have Matt Ryan making more, Tannehill making .5m less, and Romo and Stafford making $18m.

I guess we got a good deal on Flacco considering his track record compared to those no hit wonders.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 04:26 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I remember stating in 2013 that the Ravens paid Flacco the new going price for a franchise QB. That was after he won Super Bowl MVP.

Now we have Matt Ryan making more, Tannehill making .5m less, and Romo and Stafford making $18m.

I guess we got a good deal on Flacco considering his track record compared to those no hit wonders.

Living in the past are we? Shouldn't there be a Steelers logo under your name. Ninja
[Image: bey.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 12:30 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: That's a good deal for Ryan Tannehill, in my opinion.  He's trending up, and if he continues that way, it could be a great re-signing.  He might lead the Dolphins to being relevant again.

Alternately, it could be the biggest mistake in 'phins history since Yepremian tried to throw that pass. RIP Garo. (I think they overpaid for Tannehill.)
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
Dude played great with no Oline and a dysfunctional #1.

4000 yards, 27 TDs, 12 INTs, 66 comp %

This was a smart signing.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't have wanted to pay Tannenhill no where near that much money, but everyone is doing it whether the QB is worth it or not. If you're a halfway decent starter apparently $20 million is about the asking price nowadays.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 09:45 AM)Stormborn Wrote: Dude played great with no Oline and a dysfunctional #1.

4000 yards, 27 TDs, 12 INTs, 66 comp %

This was a smart signing.

If Tannehill had teammates that could find the endzone in 2012, he would share the same statistic that people always bring up with Dalton, Manning, and Marino.

A lot of people don't realize that he's been such a solid QB since joining the league. He's had very little help around him. I guess a lot of people probably don't watch many Dolphins games and they don't hear much about him since he isn't one of the media darlings.

I've heard the contract has outs if he doesn't perform, so while this may seem kind of crazy, it's just the way the NFL is now. If you find a QB that doesn't completely suck, you pay him a lot of money but the contract has outs in it.
Reply/Quote
Tannehill is a lot better than he gets credit for. He's probably top dog in the third tier of starting QBs. And like people have said, he's had little help around him and has still managed to make improvements pretty consistently.

I'd sure like to keep a quarterback like that.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 09:41 AM)xxlt Wrote: Alternately, it could be the biggest mistake in 'phins history since Yepremian tried to throw that pass. RIP Garo. (I think they overpaid for Tannehill.)

Tannehill's stats have gotten better each year and he honestly doesn't even really have any weapons down there. You put Tannehill in Cincinnati we probably would have seen an AFC Championship Game by now.

BTW Tannehill is 2-0 vs Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 10:21 AM)Steeler Eater Wrote: Tannehill's stats have gotten better each year and he honestly doesn't even really have any weapons down there. You put Tannehill in Cincinnati we probably would have seen an AFC Championship Game by now.

BTW Tannehill is 2-0 vs Dalton.

People get lost in the wins and losses for QBs.

Tannehill and Dalton were drafted in different rounds for a reason.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 10:36 AM)Stormborn Wrote: People get lost in the wins and losses for QBs.

Tannehill and Dalton were drafted in different rounds for a reason.

It doesn't really matter where you are drafted, or even if you are drafted in the NFL, it matters what you do.

Here's some examples

Wilson: 3rd Round
Montana: 3rd Round
Brady: 6th Round
Staubach: 11th Round
Starr: 17th Round
Warren Moon: Undrafted
Romo: Undrafted
Warner: Undrafted
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 11:00 AM)Steeler Eater Wrote: It doesn't really matter where you are drafted, or even if you are drafted in the NFL, it matters what you do.

Here's some examples

Wilson: 3rd Round
Montana: 3rd Round
Brady: 6th Round
Staubach: 11th Round
Starr: 17th Round
Warren Moon: Undrafted
Romo: Undrafted
Warner: Undrafted

Nah I mean Tannehill was a better prospect coming out and he's done pretty well on a squad less talented than ours. People get caught up in wins and use that against him, when he's simply a more talented than Dalton.

He's worth the money.
Reply/Quote
Probably good for them to get him signed before Luck and Wilson blow up the QB market with their deals.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
A very underrated QB IMO.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
He just got paid lol.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 02:52 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Probably good for them to get him signed before Luck and Wilson blow up the QB market with their deals.

John Schneider, of Seattle, wasn't happy with that deal.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2015, 04:38 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: John Schneider, of Seattle, wasn't happy with that deal.

wilson is getting paid no matter what. Reports said they were going to have to make him the highest paid QB.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-22-2015, 07:27 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: wilson is getting paid no matter what. Reports said they were going to have to make him the highest paid QB.

Just imagine if Andrew Luck signs first. Wilson's deal will be astronomical.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote