Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Target removes gender based signage for kids
(08-20-2015, 09:22 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Do you have any evidence for being able to say that it is "most certainly a learned behavior"?  Since you're so convinced, you should be able to show something more than anecdotal evidence, I'm sure.

That cuts both ways. Show me where we are genetically determined to have a sexual preference. If it's not genetic then it's a learned behavior.
(08-20-2015, 12:16 PM)Benton Wrote: So you were susceptible to being a heterosexual?

You could be susceptible to getting the flu if you have a weak immune system or if you come into contact with bodily fluids. You aren't susceptible to catching homosexuality.

LOL

Prove that it's not a learned behavior.
(08-20-2015, 06:41 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Prove that it's not a learned behavior.

Prove that being straight is not a learned behavior.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-20-2015, 06:53 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Prove that being straight is not a learned behavior.

I don't have to.... That's my contention.  

It's based off modeling and what happens around puberty.

Mother nature gives you a push to the opposite sex chemically.
(08-20-2015, 06:57 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I don't have to.... That's my contention.  

If you don't have to prove that being straight isn't a learned behavior then why would someone else have to prove that being gay is a learned behavior.
(08-20-2015, 06:57 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I don't have to.... That's my contention.  

So there could be no possible way a man could produce too much chemicals like estrogen to be pushed to other men?
(08-20-2015, 07:00 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: If you don't have to prove that being straight isn't a learned behavior then why would someone else have to prove that being gay is a learned behavior.

I have gone into detail on this before. I don't have time to retype atm. Prob better off just searching for it.

Short short version: When we go through puberty we have hormones going crazy. We go towards women because we model the behavior we have seen. Man - woman. Now whether it's being shy, lack of success with girls, you are left to be with your guy mates. With the raging hormones we develop an intimate relationship with them. Which opens us up to a new possibility. The imprint of intimacy which we normally get during puberty with a girl. This impacts us.

If you want more detail and can't find it, pm me so I remember to repost or send it to you.
(08-20-2015, 07:02 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: So there could be no possible way a man could produce too much chemicals like estrogen to be pushed to other men?

Not according to research:

Quote:The scientists, led by Dr. Ivanka Savic of the Karolinska Institute, found that the hormone-like smells "turn on" the brain's hypothalamus, which is normally not activated by regular odors.

They also found the brains of men and women respond very differently to the hormones.

Women's hypothalami are activated when they smell the chemical similar to testosterone but not to the estrogen-like substance, whereas men's hypothalami have the opposite response: They are turned on only by the estrogen-like chemical and not the testosterone-like one. There is also sexual disparity between the specific sub-regions of hypothalamus that are activated.

In other words, the way we chemically perceive the opposite sex is very different than the way we perceive members of the same sex. Researchers believe this could explain why some of our behaviors are gender-specific.
(08-20-2015, 07:24 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Not according to research:

Well it does according to my research:

Homosexuality is a congenital condition much like being "left handed". Before you dismiss the analogy remember there were times in history when being left-handed (the archaic meaning of "sinister") meant you were possessed by evil. You could have been hanged, burned, stoned to death or buried alive. Having personally lived in an Arab country, I can assure you that being left-handed was something that I did my best to hide. Today we know that left handedness is the result of excess testosterone slowing the growth of the left-hemisphere in the developing fetal brain.[2] It's not a choice. It's a condition.

Ironically, homosexuality is caused much the same way as being left-handed. Instead of excess testosterone, the developing male fetus receives too little, often too late.
[Image: *****-hypo.gif]Researchers naturally focus on an organ in the brain called the hypothalamus because it is known to be responsible for gender preference. It is also what is called dimorphic, meaning its structure is different in males and females. There's also differences in the hypothalamus between homosexuals and heterosexuals. Recent studies of the different sections or nuclei have revealed much that was not known before. And there have also been some surprises....

A review of current research shows that there is no evidence supporting a social cause for homosexuality [8, 9]. On the contrary, there are multiple studies, both with animals and humans, demonstrating the causative relationship with the pre-natal testosterone during a critical stage in "defeminization".
(08-20-2015, 07:24 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Not according to research:

http://www.viewzone.com/homosexual.html

theres the link to that study I posted. It has all of it's sources at the bottom.
(08-20-2015, 06:40 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: That cuts both ways.  Show me where we are genetically determined to have a sexual preference.     If it's not genetic then it's a learned behavior.

I didn't say that it WAS genetic. I don't really know why people have a sexual preference, I just know that the only person that I've met in my entire life that said that they had to choose to be straight was bfine.  It doesn't really matter to me one bit. I just think it's funny when people use the "you have to want to be gay" excuse to discriminate.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Proof? Link? Anything other than opinion pushed as fact?
LFG  

The accepted answer when the debate makes this turn is: "I don't know what causes someone to be homosexual; I just know it's not what you say it is."
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(08-20-2015, 08:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The accepted answer when the debate makes this turn is: "I don't know what causes someone to be homosexual; I just know it's not what you say it is."

except when there are studies to back up the claim that you are born that way? Even Lucies study doesn't discredit that you could be born that way.

That's your hypothesis. Once you accumulate enough reproducible evidence which supports your hypothesis as true then it becomes a theory. Until then it's just a bunch of BS. No wonder you don't know a damn thing about science.
Not really calling out anyone here, but in my experience most people that use religion or nature to speak against homosexuality are normally just looking for something to justify their bigotry.

Personally, I don't really care who is gay or whether they are by choice or birth.
(08-20-2015, 08:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The accepted answer when the debate makes this turn is: "I don't know what causes someone to be homosexual; I just know it's not what you say it is."

Since you have openly stated that you had to choose not to be gay, I actually take your opinion on the issue a bit more seriously than others.  Most people say that it's a choice because they think it's an abomination, or just because they think it's gross, and use that as all of the evidence needed.
LFG  

(08-20-2015, 06:41 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Prove that it's not a learned behavior.

prove the negative.  you are a continuous posting affront to logic.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Lord knows raising your kids with the constant fear of accidentally sabotaging their sexual development, and therefore ability to be a functioning member of a healthy society never backfires! I'm not the best person to talk to about this because even if being gay were as much of a choice as putting on a hat I would still support people's right to be gay. I'm crazy I guess. Damn that freedom!
(08-20-2015, 08:37 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Not really calling out anyone here, but in my experience most people that use religion or nature to speak against homosexuality are normally just looking for something to justify their bigotry.  

Personally, I don't really care who is gay or whether they are by choice or birth.

Kudos to you.

Clapping