Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tartt to miami
This has to be a move because of the sweat news right!?
I really wanted tartt and mckinnley Jackson on the roster after the draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2024, 08:47 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: This has to be a move because of the sweat news right!?

Nah, Tart was picked up by the Fins about a week ago so nothing to do with Sweat's DUI. I also want McKinnley Jackson, but there
are other NT's in this Draft that could be really good too. Dorlus, Kris Jenkins, Lovett, Evan Anderson etc.

Tart didn't fit here with his attitude, right after he left I heard he wasn't an option like our coaches didn't care for him.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2024, 08:47 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: This has to be a move because of the sweat news right!?

Not a reaction - Dolphins made it official today but the news broke a few days ago before Sweats arrest.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2024, 08:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nah, Tart was picked up by the Fins about a week ago so nothing to do with Sweat's DUI. I also want McKinnley Jackson, but there
are other NT's in this Draft that could be really good too. Dorlus, Kris Jenkins, Lovett, Evan Anderson etc.

Tart didn't fit here with his attitude, right after he left I heard he wasn't an option like our coaches didn't care for him.

Damn k. Didn’t know any of this. I’ma delete the hell
Out this thread.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2024, 08:53 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Not a reaction - Dolphins made it official today but the news broke a few days ago before Sweats arrest.

Wel this makes me feel a lil better. Didn’t know it came out a few days ago. Also didn’t know we didn’t like em. I want a clean locker room so I’m good on the pass. We just need a monster.

Do u take sweat after a slide or jackson or maybe Jenkins I like
Kris Jenkins too
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2024, 08:55 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: Wel this makes me feel a lil better. Didn’t know it came out a few days ago.  Also didn’t know we didn’t like em.  I want a clean locker room so I’m good on the pass.  We just need a monster.  

Do u take sweat after a slide or jackson or maybe Jenkins I like
Kris Jenkins too

I would make sure that I got a Nose Tackle that I liked first like McKinnley Jackson.

Then watch to see how far Sweat is sliding.

If Sweat was still not Drafted by the 5th round pick #149, I may just take him then or with one of the 6th round picks but

he may not even get to pick #149.

I'd give him a young & dumb chance and expect that he would learn from it and mature.

I've been young & dumb before. Now I'm older & dumb less often...   Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2024, 10:07 PM)depthchart Wrote: I would make sure that I got a Nose Tackle that I liked first like McKinnley Jackson.

If Sweat was still not Drafted by the 5th round pick #149, I may just take him then or with one of the 6th round picks but

I'd give him a young & dumb chance and expect that he would learn from it and mature.

One major issue with Sweat is that he told many teams that he really enjoyed the partying in college. I don't have the exact quotes, but his honesty combined with this latest incident, on top of the narrative that he isnt disciplined in maintaining his weight could  have a real impact. 

Reply/Quote
The Bengals most likely have Sweat on their draft board, but probably lower than people expect. The rumors are they let Tart leave because they didn't feel like he'd be a locker room fit. I wouldn't be surprised if the team pays a surprise visit to Sweat before the draft.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2024, 10:07 PM)depthchart Wrote: I would make sure that I got a Nose Tackle that I liked first like McKinnley Jackson.

I think in the rounds mentioned u can take a chance on young and dumb. I was young a dumb at that age too and if I knew me like a scout should I wouldn’t of touched me u til I was 27/28. U r the choices u make. I’ll take Jackson all day and then double dip if sweat still wants to be there in the 5th
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2024, 12:47 AM)casear2727 Wrote: One major issue with Sweat is that he told many teams that he really enjoyed the partying in college. I don't have the exact quotes, but his honesty combined with this latest incident, on top of the narrative that he isnt disciplined in maintaining his weight could  have a real impact. 

This is why I would get a NT that I liked earlier and then (maybe) get Sweat say in round 5 if he is hanging around.

He would be a rotational piece that you would not have to rely on as much and be in a position where he needs to

prove himself. 

If he pans out them you are Stacked pretty well at NT.

If he acts up negatively again, then you can let him go (or maybe even Trade him for a 7th round pick) if he is a

Locker Room problem.

I doubt that he could come in and Kill the Culture that has been established in a Rotational role behind or with say McKinnley Jackson.

*A Team like the Ravens will probably take him before the Bengals would and he will probably do just fine for them.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2024, 10:32 AM)depthchart Wrote: This is why I would get a NT that I liked earlier and then (maybe) get Sweat say in round 5 if he is hanging around.

He would be a rotational piece that you would not have to rely on as much and be in a position where he needs to

prove himself. 

If he pans out them you are Stacked pretty well at NT.

If he acts up negatively again, then you can let him go (or maybe even Trade him for a 7th round pick) if he is a

Locker Room problem.

I doubt that he could come in and Kill the Culture that has been established in a Rotational role behind or with say McKinnley Jackson.

*A Team like the Ravens will probably take him before the Bengals would and he will probably do just fine for them.

If Sweat Slides due to the DWI  i wouldnt mind dropping the 3rd round comp pick on him.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2024, 11:01 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: If Sweat Slides due to the DWI  i wouldnt mind dropping the 3rd round comp pick on him.

Or maybe the 4th round pick.

The Ravens will probably be all over it and get him before the Bengals would to add to their very good Defense.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2024, 12:47 AM)casear2727 Wrote: One major issue with Sweat is that he told many teams that he really enjoyed the partying in college. I don't have the exact quotes, but his honesty combined with this latest incident, on top of the narrative that he isnt disciplined in maintaining his weight could  have a real impact. 

He is one smart dude, gotta say.  

Hilarious

(04-09-2024, 01:03 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The Bengals most likely have Sweat on their draft board, but probably lower than people expect. The rumors are they let Tart leave because they didn't feel like he'd be a locker room fit. I wouldn't be surprised if the team pays a surprise visit to Sweat before the draft.

Feel the same. We will see how the Draft pans out but Sweat sure shot himself in the foot big time.
Reply/Quote