Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taste the Mike Florio salt
(04-24-2020, 10:48 AM)McC Wrote: Not to mention, the whole world knows he is their consolation prize.

Nothing like being 2nd best...... Nervous
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 03:12 AM)Kingslayer Wrote: Oh yes, so salty. 

https://youtu.be/TpH5lFtEIdg

This ***** is literally just making shit up

Florio ought to be working Amazon warehousing given the value he adds to sports journalism, Amazon could use more bodies.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 05:54 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I always hear about Florio being a a Steelers fan, but he was wearing a Bears shirt? What gives?

Florio was born and raised in Wheeling, West Virginia, which is 1 hour south of Pittsburgh. Steelers country through and through. He also told a story about receiving a Steelers magnetic football game for Christmas when he was a kid. He's always been favorable to the Steelers and unreasonably harsh on the Bengals, and I'm not the type to say that about everybody in the media.

That said, there's also been a lot of rumors about him being a Vikings fan, and recently Chris Simms said "I know you're a big Vikings homer" on one of their podcasts, which drew a look of death from Mike.

I'd wager based on everything I've seen that Mike was probably a Steelers fan as a kid and has immense respect for their organization, but is more of a Vikings fan as an adult. He's also a WVU homer and really went in on the Bengals and Marvin Lewis when Marv threw a shot at his alma mater when talking about Chris Henry. Not sure if that still plays into it. Some people really hold grudges forever, and he seems like that type.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I'll also add that Florio has always been kind of a pompous douche who loves taking shots at seemingly random targets, but he also has no sense of humor about himself or his blog site. He's also struggled to admit when he's been wrong. Which is often.

I started frequenting that site in 2008, and eventually got tired of his political rants, and yearly missions...such as the anti-Redskins campaign, saying Michael Sam was blackballed for a year+ , and probably around 3+ years of Kaepernick articles.

There are sites that peddle NFL rumors without all the other BS and opinion pieces.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 10:00 AM)Big Boss Wrote: If it's any consolation to Florio, he still gets to enjoy 1-2 years of a battered, 400 lb Ben Roethlisberger before the wheels finally come off.

Ben will be done after this season. 
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 12:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote:  He's always been favorable to the Steelers and unreasonably harsh on the Bengals, and I'm not the type to say that about everybody in the media.

Same here.  Some people claim all media is against the Bengals.  I don't really see that.  In fact when we were winning we got lots of love.  But Florio really does seem to have a bias against the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 03:12 AM)Kingslayer Wrote: Oh yes, so salty. 

https://youtu.be/TpH5lFtEIdg

This ***** is literally just making shit up

I agree Florio is a douche, but I have two points.

1.  The Dolphins may have actually offered to do that.

2.  Lets not talk about tasting another man's salt.   Nervous
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 05:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Same here.  Some people claim all media is against the Bengals.  I don't really see that.  In fact when we were winning we got lots of love.  But Florio really does seem to have a bias against the Bengals.
A Media Pundit that i feel loves the Bengals is Pete Prisco from CBS.  He said Burrow will lead the Bengals to superbowl title.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Looks like Florio is shooting this video from a double wide with a cheap Chinese pbass knockoff in the background.
Reply/Quote
Caring about what Florio says is like getting mad at a dog because it barks instead of talking.
Reply/Quote
You can tell he’s a yinzer by the yeungling poster and the go pens towel in the background
Reply/Quote