Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jake Fisher Cleared To Practice After Heart Surgery!
I still worry about his health. I hope he is okay and can play without risking overall health. I'm rooting for him. It will be an interesting battle at RT position. With Kent Perkins & Hart added to the mix and OG doing better, hard to predict who wins the job.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2018, 04:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is the bad news about Fisher.  Back in the off season after the '16 season he said he was training harder and getting stronger.  He said one change he had made that had been holding him back was getting off of a medication for his heart that he felt was making him sluggish.  That is probably why he had the problems with his heart last year.

So if he has to go back on the medication it will continue to make him feel weak and sluggish.

I don't have a lot of hope for Fisher unless the surgery fixed the problem forever so he does not have to be back on the medication.

If they had him on a beta blocker, that makes sense, especially if it was an immediate release beta-blocker.  They are used in hypertension, but the effect on BP is negligible.  Beta blockers improve outcomes in heart failure because they slow and control the pace of the heart.  Great for heart failure, or public speaking, not so good for athletes.  

I am really surprised they would have drafted him knowing about this with beta blockers, because this is a sign of bigger problems.  Hopefully, the ablation does the trick and he doesn't need them any more.  There are many other ways to reduce the BP and impact cardiac output without adding such sluggishness to his energy levels.  And they are much more effective in terms of duration of action and impact elsewhere in the body (like the kidneys).
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2018, 06:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've gone through the groin and ran up into the heart on many occasions.

[Image: 6162d836967e45272749350e942bff2a.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2018, 12:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Good stuff, 'Cards.  Thanks for sharing your knowledge.  

One question.  How long would they have had him doing nothing to put stress on his cardiovascular system?  For example, my blood pressure jumped out of control, some time back.  My doctor had me to suspend heavy lifting, until medication adjustments got my BP level back to normal.

Do not really work in this field but my mother just had procedure just two months ago. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote