Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tate Time
(10-13-2021, 06:06 PM)jj22 Wrote: Ok, I didn't look so I trust you. I didn't think Core was that productive while here. I barely remembered him. 

Tate has a good deal more yards, but their yards/target is comparable (6.8 to 6.1 in Tate's favor).  Core was more productive as a WR4, but Tate had that one year where he was de facto WR2 most of the year because everyone else was injured.  

From what I remember, Core was a good gunner on ST's and everyone got geeked after one good(like 60 yard) game his rookie year.  That combined with the fact that he was like 6'3" and ran a 4.45 40 had people thinking late round steal, but his hands were bad and his route running wasn't much better.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 08:07 PM)jj22 Wrote: With Higgins status looking all but set according to Hobspin...

https://www.bengals.com/news/quick-hits-monday-night-win-over-steelers-became-bengals-recruiting-poster-mixon

We are going to need Tate to step up if big Sunday. The only other wideout I'd trust in there as the 3rd is Irwin. And I'm not quite sure what that says about our depth if Tate can't finally make the leap.

The rookie interior will be active.

Tate's 6'5", leaps like crazy, catches everything I've seen him go up for!

Separation and speed makes no difference with Burrow throwing.

Send him out yardage needed, put the ball above him, let him leap and catch.

What CB is going to stop that?
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 04:58 PM)jj22 Wrote: I was shocked to read that Sample had more targets vs Green Bay then Tate has had all season. What is really going on with this? Not giving Tate a shot is a true head scratcher. When Boyd came out vs the Steelers maybe or was it the Jags, Thomas got reps with the Offense before Tate.

I know we overrate our players, but Tate can't be this bad (and has kept his roster spot this long).

It's not really shocking that Tate's still on the roster.  Our depth WR's are awful.  Thomas is in his 6th year and has 300 receiving yards and 1 TD.  Morgan is in year 3 and has 3 catches for 18 yards for his career.  Irwin is also in year 3 and has 2 catches for 30 yards.  The bar for making this roster at WR is so low, Chad probably wasn't kidding when he said he could make this roster.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote