Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tate as TE
With CJ getting his new deal and Kroft leaving, will the team think about using Tate as a TE?
The boy already mentioned in an interview last season that he would be willing to switch to play TE and I think he has huge potential.
I do still think we need to draft 1 or maybe even 2 but it would be something to think about
Reply/Quote
Can't block, therefore a dead giveaway when he is in there. He makes it easier for the Defense to read what we are doing.
Reply/Quote
Can he not be trained to block?
It was just a though if we don't bring Eifert back.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 01:14 AM)JWW1971 Wrote: Can he not be trained to block?

The last time we tried to teach a TE to block (Chase Coffman) it didn’t work out well...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 01:01 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Can't block, therefore a dead giveaway when he is in there. He makes it easier for the Defense to read what we are doing.

Neither can the rest of our OL.

Hasnt stopped us.

I just want to see the kid out there.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 01:14 AM)JWW1971 Wrote: Can he not be trained to block?

Yes he could be trained to block. He has a good build for a TE and think it could be considered.

Reply/Quote
You can't just move a 225 pound WR to TE and expect him to be an effective blocker. He would need to put on at least 30 pounds. It's not even an option unless that happens.
Reply/Quote
Tate will need to bulk up 10-20 lbs and improve on his blocking if he's going to become a TE.
If it keeps him on the roster and gives him a chance to play, I'm for it.
He could be a quality developmental TE prospect.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 07:07 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Neither can the rest of our OL.  

Hasnt stopped us.  

I just want to see the kid out there.

hes been out there dropping critical passes.

would rather sign Fisher to TE
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 07:12 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yes he could be trained to block. He has a good build for a TE and think it could be considered.

That's what I was thinking and the boy has already said he would be willing to change to TE to help the team, all he wants to do is play
Reply/Quote
My take is that it's not like we have so many proven WRs that we can just afford to convert one to another position. If he had no shot at playing time at WR, I'd say fine and go ahead and look into it, but as is I think we need to sort out these WRs first.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 10:24 AM)Fullrock Wrote: You can't just move a 225 pound WR to TE and expect him to be an effective blocker. He would need to put on at least 30 pounds. It's not even an option unless that happens.

Screw using him as a blocker, I want to see some of those one handed TD catches!   Cool 

Now, I would like to see him hustle in the running game, maybe de-cleat a Safety or two for Mixon.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Why move a star like Tate when we have "The Boerhinger Supremacy" waiting to step in at TE?
Reply/Quote
This is what we've been reduced to as Bengals fans. At the peak of free agency starting threads about moving some preseason superstar WR that barely played during the season to TE.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 02:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This is what we've been reduced to as Bengals fans. At the peak of free agency starting threads about moving some preseason superstar WR that barely played during the season to TE.

Some one does not understand that not every thread has to be repeating the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over again.

It is actually possible to say something other than "No playoff wins in 30 years" five hundred times in 2 days.
Reply/Quote
Ill use the same joke as last time this came up. Auden Tate? More like Ought-ten Be A Tate-end, amirite?

*pause for laughter*
Reply/Quote