Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tate, dez or both
Its already been talked about. But since i dont think they are even interested in bringing up Tate unless there is an injury to a receiver. I think a Super bowl type of move is to go get Dez Bryant for the rest of the season deal. This would be like TO coming here 2010 ,it could go really good or it can turn out bad,im willing to take that risk bc i just dont see them going without a big move.

1 he wouldnt be #1 here #2 hes a vet on offense better then Lafell #3 it would be big news in the media because its Dez #4 the cowboys are out so their fans would root for Dez giving us more ratings #5 cant hurt having another big star on the field that would get calls his way some atleast. #6 good in the redzone #7 brings what eifert did and can go up and get it.

What other move would be that big of a move and not give a pick which they wont do?
Reply/Quote
Why should they try and sign a guy you just equated to our 7th WR. Getting more ratings and Cowboy fans to root for us is hardly a compelling reason. Our scoring challenges aren't in the red zone...they are because we can't get to the red zone

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 08:03 PM)pally Wrote: Why should they try and sign a guy you just equated to our 7th WR.  Getting more ratings and Cowboy fans to root for us is hardly a compelling reason.  Our scoring challenges aren't in the red zone...they are because we can't get to the red zone

Obviously because i think tate would work out. And i dont think dez is just red zone but would help our red zone. We came into the season with a awesome looking offense as our strength and who we are. But that went away.
Reply/Quote
Unless Dez Bryant put on 100# and learned how to play OL, I don't think he's worth the money. Evidently the Cowboys, along with 30 other NFL teams not named Bengals thought the same thing, because he's still unemployed. C'mon, if Cleveland or Oakland didn't pick him up, you know there's something wrong with him..

As for Auden Tate? I think the only way that we'll see him called up is if there is an injury to one of the current game day receivers. That is a shame, because I like what he brings to the table. He showed some good stuff in preseason, but obviously not enough effort on special teams to unseat someone for a roster spot.

Truthfully, I think the Bengals answer to getting the passing game going again is to get CJ Uzomah more involved. The dude is a heck of an athlete. Getting him the ball a few times, early in the game, should open something up for AJ and Boyd.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 08:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Unless Dez Bryant put on 100# and learned how to play OL, I don't think he's worth the money.  Evidently the Cowboys, along with 30 other NFL teams not named Bengals thought the same thing, because he's still unemployed.  C'mon, if Cleveland or Oakland didn't pick him up, you know there's something wrong with him..

As for Auden Tate?  I think the only way that we'll see him called up is if there is an injury to one of the current game day receivers.  That is a shame, because I like what he brings to the table.  He showed some good stuff in preseason, but obviously not enough effort on special teams to unseat someone for a roster spot.

Truthfully, I think the Bengals answer to getting the passing game going again is to get CJ Uzomah more involved.  The dude is a heck of an athlete.  Getting him the ball a few times, early in the game, should open something up for AJ and Boyd.

I dont buy that and i tell you why, teams dont always know whats best. Was T.O or Chad uncapable of continueing playing after 2010. I dont think so but nobody wanted them. Tim tebow won games, nobody wanted him. Multiple times teams dont want guys. 
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 08:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Unless Dez Bryant put on 100# and learned how to play OL, I don't think he's worth the money.  Evidently the Cowboys, along with 30 other NFL teams not named Bengals thought the same thing, because he's still unemployed.  C'mon, if Cleveland or Oakland didn't pick him up, you know there's something wrong with him..

As for Auden Tate?  I think the only way that we'll see him called up is if there is an injury to one of the current game day receivers.  That is a shame, because I like what he brings to the table.  He showed some good stuff in preseason, but obviously not enough effort on special teams to unseat someone for a roster spot.

Truthfully, I think the Bengals answer to getting the passing game going again is to get CJ Uzomah more involved.  The dude is a heck of an athlete.  Getting him the ball a few times, early in the game, should open something up for AJ and Boyd.

I agree it is ashame about tate because the dude wants to play and i think he'd bring a big target to go to for andy who will go up and get it ,and basically be a big power forward out there. Exactly the type andy likes,go up and get it types. And i like cj uzomah but dont think hes good enough to change a offense. Also id like to see jordan franks, dave lapham said hes a good receiver and hard worker.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 08:42 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I dont buy that and i tell you why, teams dont always know whats best. Was T.O or Chad uncapable of continueing playing after 2010. I dont think so but nobody wanted them. Tim tebow won games, nobody wanted him. Multiple times teams dont want guys. 

You keep brining up TO like he actually did something special with the Bengals.  What did they win the year he was here, like 4 games?  Then, you had that stupid T/Ocho show that just reeked of homoeroticism...

All TO really did as a Bengal, was collect a paycheck.  If the Bengals brought in another circus clown like Dez Bryant, I predict the result would be similar.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I would rather get Malone involved.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 09:05 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I would rather get Malone involved.

I almost forgot that he was on the team.  Did something happen, and he fell out of favor with the coaches?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Do not compare Dez Bryant to Terrell Owens.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 09:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I almost forgot that he was on the team.  Did something happen, and he fell out of favor with the coaches?

I think Core is just one of marvins coaches pets. He gets those guys he falls in love with for whatever reason and will hurt the team trying to prove he is right and keep putting them on the field. 
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 10:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Do not compare Dez Bryant to Terrell Owens.

Why?
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 08:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You keep brining up TO like he actually did something special with the Bengals.  What did they win the year he was here, like 4 games?  Then, you had that stupid T/Ocho show that just reeked of homoeroticism...

All TO really did as a Bengal, was collect a paycheck.  If the Bengals brought in another circus clown like Dez Bryant, I predict the result would be similar.

So TO did nothing here? Hmm seemed like our best wr that year
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 10:14 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Why?

Because Dez could not hold TO's jock. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 10:15 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: So TO did nothing here? Hmm seemed like our best wr that year

Did his presence result in more wins?  No, it did not.  What he did do, was overshadow Chad to the point that led the team to draft AJ Green.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
This post makes me smh. WR is the least of this teams worries.... Dez Bryant would not get us to the Super Bowl
Season ticket holder since 2003. Lifetime Bengals fan, through thick and thin.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 11:56 PM)Clep Wrote: This post makes me smh. WR is the least of this teams worries.... Dez Bryant would not get us to the Super Bowl

Who else is out there that would be cheap and not involve a trade? Because i doubt the bengals would do a trade. And i think receiving options are a big concern that past couple games. When we lost tyler,gio ,and ross the offense went down hill fast. We are at midseason and ross is hurt and barely any catches or targets.

Look at the pats or any high scoring offenses they have multiple receiving targets. 2015 we had 4 , green jones sanu eifert. And a dump off back gio. As of right now we have two, green and boyd .the defenses can just double both of them. Its kind of like fantasy football you got to be stacked on offense to actually win. Philly beat the high scoring pats last year because they was just a little more stacked defensively then the pats. The pats defense was crap last year.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 10:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Did his presence result in more wins?  No, it did not.  What he did do, was overshadow Chad to the point that led the team to draft AJ Green.

Ok we had a horrible season in 2016 and 2017 i guess aj greens presence meant he was a bad player. Your logic is flawed. 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 12:19 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Ok we had a horrible season in 2016 and 2017 i guess aj greens presence meant he was a bad player. Your logic is flawed. 

Might want to check your own logic.  The Bengals have never had to bring in a marquis player from FA to compensate for what AJ Green couldn't do.  The most they've had to do under AJ Green's watch at WR is bring in Brandon Lafell while Tyler Boyd needed time to develop.

When the team brought in TO, they had 2 high priced WR1s, and all that resulted in was 4 wins, and the continued diminishing of Chad Johnson.

However, we've digressed on a pointless tangent here, arguing about things that mean nothing.  I mean no offense to you, we're just jawing about football.  My whole point was to say that bringing in a Dez Bryant would be no more effective than when the team brought TO in.  The team has issues, for sure.  But none of those issues will go away by bringing in a high priced, drama queen WR.  If the team wanted to make a move before the trade deadline that made a significant difference, it would need to be for OL or LB.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 12:40 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Might want to check your own logic.  The Bengals have never had to bring in a marquis player from FA to compensate for what AJ Green couldn't do.  The most they've had to do under AJ Green's watch at WR is bring in Brandon Lafell while Tyler Boyd needed time to develop.

When the team brought in TO, they had 2 high priced WR1s, and all that resulted in was 4 wins, and the continued diminishing of Chad Johnson.

However, we've digressed on a pointless tangent here, arguing about things that mean nothing.  I mean no offense to you, we're just jawing about football.  My whole point was to say that bringing in a Dez Bryant would be no more effective than when the team brought TO in.  The team has issues, for sure.  But none of those issues will go away by bringing in a high priced, drama queen WR.  If the team wanted to make a move before the trade deadline that made a significant difference, it would need to be for OL or LB.

Couldn't agree more, as it's more of the same from last year, which was more of the same from the previous year. Poor offensive blocking, pass protection, and weak schemes. Next year seems to be in jeopardy regarding the offense. Hell, I'm starting to wonder if this ever gets corrected by the current administration. It won't matter IF this defense doesn't start playing NFL quality football. If we need anyone new to catch a football, it would be LB/safety upgrades who don't have skillets for hands.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote