Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tate, dez or both
I say go after a good backer and TE instead.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 08:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You keep brining up TO like he actually did something special with the Bengals.  What did they win the year he was here, like 4 games?  Then, you had that stupid T/Ocho show that just reeked of homoeroticism...

All TO really did as a Bengal, was collect a paycheck.  If the Bengals brought in another circus clown like Dez Bryant, I predict the result would be similar.

Meh, I recall TO catching 2 TDs vs the Steelers in a loss.  What was the guy supposed to do? This is the nature of fandom, though. We can cheer for a guy who put up 9 TDs in one year to be dismissed from our team while we get weak in the knees over a guy like Auden Tate who may never catch a TD in his entire career.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 09:40 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, I recall TO catching 2 TDs vs the Steelers in a loss.  What was the guy supposed to do?  This is the nature of fandom, though.  We can cheer for a guy who put up 9 TDs in one year to be dismissed from our team while we get weak in the knees over a guy like Auden Tate who may never catch a TD in his entire career.

I may have gotten a bit off track by continuing to go on about TO, but the basic premise is the same.  Can he play Guard, Tackle, or LB?  Because we need improvement in those areas, before adding any pass catchers will benefit the team.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 09:54 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I may have gotten a bit off track by continuing to go on about TO, but the basic premise is the same.  Can he play Guard, Tackle, or LB?  Because we need improvement in those areas, before adding any pass catchers will benefit the team.

I hear ya, but we draft 1 or 2 WRs every year because (until Core emerged) we had AJ Green and no one else of note.  I'm not saying we should sign Dez, but some FA-driven stability at the position could free up more draft capital to address all the things we need to address before WR...in a roundabout manner.

Now that I've said Roundabout I need to listen to some YES.  See ya.
Reply/Quote
My problem with adding a guy like dez isn’t a question of his ability but his attitude.

If he can come in keep his head down and play hard knowing he’s probably a third option at best behind aj and boyd that’s fine. But my quess is he won’t be happy with that and only succeed in spoiling any good chemistry the offense has been able to build.

To me the risk vs reward is not worth it.

Is the corner for Arizona still up for grabs? I’d like to see that move made.
Reply/Quote
Dude I'm probably the most pro-FA guy here, and I would say a hard no on Dez. You know how people always say every free agent is cancer? Well, Dez actually is a cancer. He's also washed up physically. Remember when Dez got hurt the same year that Romo went down (and was replaced by Weeden)? I don't think Dez was ever the same after that. His production fell off a cliff.

Btw, you're probably about to get a bunch of "TO cause the team to go 4-12" comments, even if that's not really true. We had a lot of problems that came bubbling to the surface in 2010.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote