Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taylor, Risner, & Ford Are All Still on the Board
Would you take one of them if they fell to us at 42?

It's possible that all 3 will be gone by the time we go on the clock, but I would not be opposed to going OLine again. They're all rated by Draft Network in the top 7 players remaining. We've still got ???? at RG. Cordy Glenn is often injured. We could build a nice young OLine with, Price, Williams, and one of those 3. Protect Andy. Open holes for Mixon.

We can get Cashman or another good D player in 3.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Absolutely. Better too many promising OL picks than too few. 
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 01:21 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Absolutely. Better too many promising OL picks than too few. 

It would go along way toward turning one of our biggest weaknesses into a strength.  I'd be happy with any one of the 3. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 01:17 AM)Shady Wrote: Would you take one of them if they fell to us at 42?

It's possible that all 3 will be gone by the time we go on the clock, but I would not be opposed to going OLine again. They're all rated by Draft Network in the top 7 players remaining. We've still got ???? at RG. Cordy Glenn is often injured. We could build a nice young OLine with, Price, Williams, and one of those 3. Protect Andy. Open holes for Mixon.

Given our lack of depth and the value of several of these guys, I wouldn't rule it out.  I'd prefer Ford as an immediate replacement for Hart.  I would also be okay with Irv Smith, Mack Wilson, Jaylon Ferguson, Charles Omenihu, Jachai Polite or one of the safeties at 42.   I hear Risner wouldn't get past Denver sine he's a local guy.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't hate it, but I think I'd look at other positions personally.

I'm guessing a lot of teams will try to move up early in the second to grab these guys, so they may be gone by the time we're up anyways. Hell, maybe the Bengals can reap the benefits of a trade back if one's still on the board.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 01:24 AM)pledgi Wrote: Given our lack of depth and the value of several of these guys, I wouldn't rule it out.  I'd prefer Ford as an immediate replacement for Hart.  I would also be okay with Irv Smith, Mack Wilson, Jaylon Ferguson, Charles Omenihu, Jachai Polite or one of the safeties at 42.   I hear Risner wouldn't get past Denver sine he's a local guy.

Any of those other guys would be good, they're just not as highly rated as the 3 OLs on Draft Network. Who knows how the Bengals have them ranked?

I could see Denver taking Drew Lock, but Risner's also a real possibility for them. 
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 01:32 AM)NKURyan Wrote: I wouldn't hate it, but I think I'd look at other positions personally.

I'm guessing a lot of teams will try to move up early in the second to grab these guys, so they may be gone by the time we're up anyways. Hell, maybe the Bengals can reap the benefits of a trade back if one's still on the board.

True. DK Metcalf and AJ Brown are both still available. 

Or we could trade back and get Mack Wilson or one of the other guys pledgi mentioned. 
Reply/Quote
I think this is where we will trade back and try to land another 3rd/4th rd pick to address WR/RB/QB. I think our next 2 picks will be defensive picks regardless.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 01:17 AM)Shady Wrote: Would you take one of them if they fell to us at 42?

Idk...

right now

Hart
Miller?(I think the name of the OG we signed)
Price
Boiling
Glenn
Williams

Williams is gonna force is way into the lineup.    With hart and miller signed I don't think we double dip to put all that money on the bench this year.

I'm to work on Defense any of the 3 levels of it.  Or a WR/TE
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 01:33 AM)Shady Wrote:  I could see Denver taking Drew Lock, 

I would almost guarantee it if they have the chance.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 12:34 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: With hart and miller signed I don't think we double dip to put all that money on the bench this year.

This.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 12:34 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Idk...

right now

Hart
Miller?(I think the name of the OG we signed)
Price
Boiling
Glenn
Williams

Williams is gonna force is way into the lineup.    With hart and miller signed I don't think we double dip to put all that money on the bench this year.

I'm to work on Defense any of the 3 levels of it.  Or a WR/TE

Yeah, IDK either. We know how important OL is to championship football. It doesn't matter how many great skill players you have, if you can't open holes or protect the passer, you're going to struggle.

I honestly don't know enough about Miller to feel confident.  We don't have much of a feel for Westerman. We know Redmund blows chunks. Hopkins is just ok. Hart is bad. So, we really have Price, Bolling, Glenn, and Williams. One more solid piece would be nice. 

I'm not pushing taking another OLineman in 2, I guess I'm just thinking it's a possibility, and I wouldn't be too upset if we did.
Reply/Quote
We had the worst defense in the league and almost the worst defense in the history of the league. Time to spend some draft capitol on that side of the ball.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 01:29 PM)Shady Wrote: Yeah, IDK either. We know how important OL is to championship football. It doesn't matter how many great skill players you have, if you can't open holes or protect the passer, you're going to struggle.

I honestly don't know enough about Miller to feel confident.  We don't have much of a feel for Westerman. We know Redmund blows chunks. Hopkins is just ok. Hart is bad. So, we really have Price, Bolling, Glenn, and Williams. One more solid piece would be nice. 

I'm not pushing taking another OLineman in 2, I guess I'm just thinking it's a possibility, and I wouldn't be too upset if we did.

but we just signed hart and miller to 3 year deals (which we can get out of next year)  but round 2 should be on the field  and I doubt we are sitting both hart and miller
Reply/Quote

Would love it immensely. All three would be great picks. The knee problem with Taylor is something i just heard about though which i was wondering why it wasn't mentioned earlier. Wanted him at 11 just as much as Jonah but that was before i heard about the injury and now Jonah was most definately the best pick. Risner would be great and he is more versatile than Ford but damn is Ford a mauler.

I think Ford would be the pick if he is there and we go O-line from Turner's history. He likes maulers.

More than fine with me.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 01:55 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: We had the worst defense in the league and almost the worst defense in the history of the league. Time to spend some draft capitol on that side of the ball.

True, but most of that was coaching in my opinion, Austin and Haslett were terrible.

Definately do not ignore Defense but don't reach for it either. Should have a lot of good Linebackers in the 3rd round.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 04:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, but most of that was coaching in my opinion, Austin and Haslett were terrible.

Definately do not ignore Defense but don't reach for it either. Should have a lot of good Linebackers in the 3rd round.

Yeah, don’t see a LB or DT at the top of the 2nd. If the team stays there, then the pick should be a CB, imo. I’d prefer a trade down at this point and see what’s available at the bottom of round 2.
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals are inclined to go Oline again, I think Risner would be a sound choice.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 04:20 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Yeah, don’t see a LB or DT at the top of the 2nd. If the team stays there, then the pick should be a CB, imo. I’d prefer a trade down at this point and see what’s available at the bottom of round 2.

I would be fine with Murphy if they go Corner but wouldn't like Greedy who doesn't tackle.

Think we are pretty good at Corner but it is a passing league and you need tons of Corners.

Still would rather have a trenches pick in the 2nd on either side of the ball, BPA.

Winovich is definately on my mind now.
Reply/Quote
Bengals traded down right after the 3rd (Risner) of these 3 was picked.

I feel vindicated.

Mooning
Reply/Quote