Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taylor Shows Hand
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Talk to me like I'm 5 please...

Is he saying 3T is a bigger need than WR or vise versa...?
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
I'm not reading much into this... sounds like Taylor is worried about winning now.

I know this may be a little extreme for some but if we win a Super bowl.... Chase can make his $$$ elsewhere.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
What if you’re worried about backup 3T AND backup WR?????
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 05:10 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I'm not reading much into this... sounds like Taylor is worried about winning now.

I know this may be a little extreme for some but if we win a Super bowl.... Chase can make his $$$ elsewhere.

You spelled Higgins wrong. Gotta keep the Burrow - Chase connection together. They’ve been magic at multiple levels.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 05:07 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: Talk to me like I'm 5 please...

Is he saying 3T is a bigger need than WR or vise versa...?

Taylor's saying don't plan to take a guy at a position that's pretty set for a while when there's a position of need right there in front of you.

Case in point:
WR is set for at least 2 years with Chase, Higgins, and Boyd
However, Bengals still have a need for a pass rushing IDL this year.

So it sounds like they're looking to address needs to help the team ASAP vs spending early pick(s) on guys who could be riding the bench for 2+ seasons.

IDL and DB, come on down!
After that, TE and...OL?
WR4 comes into play somewhere too, as their backup WRs are not good when it comes to offense.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 05:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Taylor's saying don't plan to take a guy at a position that's pretty set for a while when there's a position of need right there in front of you.

Case in point:

So it sounds like they're looking to address needs to help the team ASAP vs spending early pick(s) on guys who could be riding the bench for 2+ seasons.

After that, TE and...OL?
WR4 comes into play somewhere too, as their backup WRs are not good when it comes to offense.

Makes sense.  Rock On
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Does this then knock out Dax Hill? Safety is a need next year, not now. Does it also mean we reach on a CB to ensure we get one early just because of a need? Personally still prefer 3T then CB.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 06:18 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Does this then knock out Dax Hill? Safety is a need next year, not now. Does it also mean we reach on a CB to ensure we get one early just because of a need? Personally still prefer 3T then CB.
I think they will double dip at CB and DL IMO
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 06:18 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Does this then knock out Dax Hill? Safety is a need next year, not now. Does it also mean we reach on a CB to ensure we get one early just because of a need? Personally still prefer 3T then CB.

Well, Duke Tobin said...

“I don’t view us as having immediate starter needs,” Tobin said, via Geoff Hobson of the team’s website. “It will be up to the players and how they compete as to whether they play and how much they play and whether they become starters this year, next year. But yeah, we feel good about our overall roster. We were able to fill some needs through free agency. We’re pretty flexible to taking guys for the future if that’s what has to happen.”

I take the quotes from both men as typical pre draft smoke screens.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 07:08 PM)Whatever Wrote: Well, Duke Tobin said...

“I don’t view us as having immediate starter needs,” Tobin said, via Geoff Hobson of the team’s website. “It will be up to the players and how they compete as to whether they play and how much they play and whether they become starters this year, next year. But yeah, we feel good about our overall roster. We were able to fill some needs through free agency. We’re pretty flexible to taking guys for the future if that’s what has to happen.”

I take the quotes from both men as typical pre draft smoke screens.

Yep

I wouldn't read to much into anything anybody says about the draft right now.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 05:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Taylor's saying don't plan to take a guy at a position that's pretty set for a while when there's a position of need right there in front of you.

Case in point:

After that, TE and...OL?

Makes perfect sense and said the same thing every time someone suggested taking a WR in the 1st round this year. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I think people are reading too deep into it. I saw some people take it to mean IDL round 1 but I dont read it that way at all. They are saying that they won’t let the future threat of the WR market dictate them doing something versus maybe having a more pressing need now at 3t. That said, they were never taking a WR at 31 so their almost feels like it’s more a reference to day 2 picks, which could be our first pick anyways because I don’t think we make the pick at 31.

Either way, the draft is always unpredictable. You never really predict who is going to fall into your lap. Most people thought there was no way Christian Barramore would slip to the 2nd round last year but it happened and so no reason to get bent out of shape on what may or may not happen.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 05:10 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I'm not reading much into this... sounds like Taylor is worried about winning now.

You sir should be banned for spewing this disgusting filth on this fine message board. My love for Chase grows more every day and you are already shoving him out the door 4 years early.
When his time comes you pay the man!
Reply/Quote
Kind of hope they are blowing tons of smoke and draft RB. Turn the entire fan base into a huge curfuffle
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 07:18 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: You sir should be banned for spewing this disgusting filth on this fine message board. My love for Chase grows more every day and you are already shoving him out the door 4 years early.  
When his time comes you pay the man!

I personally don't see how you can realistically field a winning team paying your QB and what the current WR market is going for. You'd have to give up on one side of the ball which would be defense.  Score 35+ points a game to have a chance.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote

It’s the reverse: Paul Dehner The Athletic…The Bengals need bodies and a future of the position in the secondary. Only two defensive backs are signed beyond next season: Chidobe Awuzie and Mike Hilton. Hill will serve as the immediate backup this year for Jessie Bates, Vonn Bell and Mike Hilton. All three of those spots were without comfortable backup options before Thursday.

Hill immediately fills in all three and prepares the team to handle attrition.
Reply/Quote