Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taylor admits mistakes on Clock Management
After the 49ers drubbing...'we, we, we'. No 'I' have to do better as a coach to prepare the team:

Initial Comments ...
“That’s a loss that we need to own. We were not good in any phase. On defense, we didn’t tackle well enough. Offensively, we killed ourselves with penalties early on. We didn’t take advantage of the opportunities they gave us. We had a couple special teams miscues as well — some of those kickoffs got brought back by penalties.
Reply/Quote
Basically - He gives the Marvin - We all need to do better. Do you jobs!:

Do you throw away the film after a game like this?

“No. There are way too many corrections to be made. In Week 1, we didn’t have a lot of mental errors. In this one, we had a lot of mental errors. That’s just not what we’re about. We didn’t see that coming. It is what it is. We need to make those corrections. We need to be better as a coaching staff and as players, and it’s on all of us. Nobody can look at themselves and say, ‘I did my job.’ Everybody can look at that game and improve.”
Reply/Quote
How tough was it to hear boos from the stands?
“We’re focused on ourselves. We were playing poorly in all three phases. It’s not anything to be excited about, if I was a fan in the stands that paid money to come to this game. It’s on us to fix the issues that we have and play better, and the fans will rally behind that. Right now, we didn’t give them a good enough product to be excited about.”
Reply/Quote
I have to say, the clock management isn't what I thought it would be.

Against the Steelers and Cardinals, we'd be multiple scores down...and taking our time late in the game. No urgency.
Reply/Quote
He needs to admit to his play calling mistake on 4th and 1. Andy in shotgun, running up the middle, was a horrible call for that situation.
Reply/Quote
This thread was a lot more positive a month ago.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 06:38 PM)BacknDaDey Wrote: He needs to admit to his play calling mistake on 4th and 1.  Andy in shotgun, running up the middle, was a horrible call for that situation.

How about when it's 3rd and 15 and they throw a 2 yard pass?

Arizona got killed by TE's...and we don't try throwing to ours until the 2nd half.

It's as if this team puts zero effort into game prep all week. Like they don't even watch the other team. Yet, EVERY WEEK teams attack our weaknesses. The Steelers ran a bunch of misdirection and wildcat against us. They hadn't done that until us meaning they identified it as a weakness of ours and added it.
Reply/Quote
So this thread was started after the week 1 loss to the Seahogs, and it shows. We were loving what we are hearing, we are positive that he's going to learn and change, and we still point out that he is doing something that Marvin NEVER would have done! Looking at this at 0-5 makes me less encouraged that he's going to do anything beyond admitting he messed up.

Then again, in the past month we've gone from talking about how talented this team is to comparing it to an XFL squad, so who knows.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 06:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So this thread was started after the week 1 loss to the Seahogs, and it shows.  We were loving what we are hearing, we are positive that he's going to learn and change, and we still point out that he is doing something that Marvin NEVER would have done!  Looking at this at 0-5 makes me less encouraged that he's going to do anything beyond admitting he messed up.

Then again, in the past month we've gone from talking about how talented this team is to comparing it to an XFL squad, so who knows.

Oh the memories we made during the 1 point Seahawks loss. I had several posters telling me that it was obvious how great of a coach Taylor was and that my negativity on Taylor was being proven wrong.

Odd...I don't think I've seen those guys post during the 5 game losing streak.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote