Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taylor end of camp Press Conference
https://youtu.be/55pyq-UYcfk?si=sPsL6Gx0TCkQXpta

I laughed somebody asked him about I think Trent Brown at guard or a jumbo package. He said who he thought were large people in the past are small now LOL. Pretty Funny.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Not from the press conference, but notes from Charlie goldsmith.

Some winners from the Bengals’ offseason program

-Andrei Iosivas looked like the best receiver on the field this summer, with Chase and Higgins not participating. He’s combining his athleticism with much improved routes.
-Chase Brown’s ability to make plays as a pass catcher had taken a step. He’s also a lot stronger than he was last year. He’s a big piece of the RB room.
-Mike Gesicki is a big piece of the “eye candy” and versatility of the offense.
-Charlie Jones is moving around more instead of focusing on just the slot
-Amarius Mims said he has recognized the trust in him from the coaching staff as he earned first team reps. They’ve given him a lot of chances to get on the field, including a 6 OL set.
-Devin Cochran, out last year with an injury, has an interesting skill set at tackle. He’ll be a guy to watch in camp.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 05:18 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: -Andrei Iosivas looked like the best receiver on the field this summer, with Chase and Higgins not participating. H
I LOVE that he has improved and can contribute for us! Our passing game is looking promising!

(06-13-2024, 05:18 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: -Chase Brown’s ability to make plays as a pass catcher had taken a step. He’s also a lot stronger than he was last year. He’s a big piece of the RB room. 
I've been singing Brown's praises all offseason and I love that he has improved even more! Our backfield could be dangerous!

(06-13-2024, 05:18 PM)Bengalbug Wrote:  

Hoping Gesicki can help keep defenses off the guys on the outside and also be a red zone threat!

(06-13-2024, 05:18 PM)Bengalbug Wrote:  
Again, more weapons is great!
(06-13-2024, 05:18 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: -Amarius Mims said he has recognized the trust in him from the coaching staff as he earned first team reps. They’ve given him a lot of chances to get on the field, including a 6 OL set. 
Love it because it means that, if nothing else, he's developing!

(06-13-2024, 05:18 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: -Devin Cochran, out last year with an injury, has an interesting skill set at tackle. He’ll be a guy to watch in camp.

Depth is always very important for us.

Good find!
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 05:18 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Not from the press conference, but notes from Charlie goldsmith.

-Andrei Iosivas looked like the best receiver on the field this summer, with Chase and Higgins not participating. He’s combining his athleticism with much improved routes.
-Chase Brown’s ability to make plays as a pass catcher had taken a step. He’s also a lot stronger than he was last year. He’s a big piece of the RB room.
-Amarius Mims said he has recognized the trust in him from the coaching staff as he earned first team reps. They’ve given him a lot of chances to get on the field, including a 6 OL set.
-Devin Cochran, out last year with an injury, has an interesting skill set at tackle. He’ll be a guy to watch in camp.

Good news on all points, glad to see a positive trained eye opinion on the second year players. We all had a hunch that Gesicki was going to be a valuable addition to the offense, let's hope that he can make a couple of dozen splash plays this season. I'm thrilled that Mims is fitting in and winning the trust of the coaches, you need that from your first round pick. That's great about Devin Cochran, hell, I forgot that he was even on the team. 

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 05:18 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Not from the press conference, but notes from Charlie goldsmith.

Ah, this is where I saw this about Iosivas looking like the best Receiver on the field this summer with Chase and Tee not practicing. Love 
hearing this, dude has the things you cannot teach in athleticism, size, strength and speed. Get the hands like glue and we might have 
something very special as Burton ain't no slouch in any vids I watched.

Chase Brown should make a huge jump with more snaps. I think Gesicki will have his best year as a pro with Burrow if he stays healthy.

Charlie Jones needs to stay healthy.

Amarius Mims just makes me happy I see his name associated with our Bengals, absolutely was on the Mims train before the Draft and
would of been sad if we took anyone else. Him earning first team reps is a great thing, I know Trent Brown wasn't around but even when
he was Mims was still at RT. Impressive. Cochran is interesting, that name always reminds me of the first bad guy to die in Die Hard 2 lol
Reply/Quote
https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-new-heavy-package-starring-amarius-mims-tips-from-trey-hendrickson
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Bit of ink went to Josh Newton making people uncomfortable.  That's always a good thing. It'll be interesting to see if he cracks the starting rotation at some point this season. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 08:59 PM)grampahol Wrote: Bit of ink went to Josh Newton making people uncomfortable.  That's always a good thing. It'll be interesting to see if he cracks the starting rotation at some point this season. 

Meh, as long as he can fit into a solid rotational role coming off of the bench, he will have overperformed his draft ranking.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 09:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Meh, as long as he can fit into a solid rotational role coming off of the bench, he will have overperformed his draft ranking.

At some point, the bengals are going to strike gold again with a late round pick. Maybe it’s iosivas, maybe newton, Matt Lee, idk. But eventually we will get a really good player from later in the draft.

The draft is such a crap shoot, regardless of how good your scouting department is, due to dealing with humans.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2024, 09:27 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: At some point, the bengals are going to strike gold again with a late round pick.  Maybe it’s iosivas, maybe newton, Matt Lee, idk.  But eventually we will get a really good player from later in the draft.  

The draft is such a crap shoot, regardless of how good your scouting department is, due to dealing with humans.

I agree, plenty of household names around the NFL were late round picks. I remember a few years back, when Seattle had the "Legion of Boom" secondary rolling, being amazed at how many later round picks were phenomenal players on that defense. Late round players can be stars, you just have to pick the right ones and develop them properly.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 06:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Good news on all points, glad to see a positive trained eye opinion on the second year players. We all had a hunch that Gesicki was going to be a valuable addition to the offense, let's hope that he can make a couple of dozen splash plays this season. I'm thrilled that Mims is fitting in and winning the trust of the coaches, you need that from your first round pick. That's great about Devin Cochran, hell, I forgot that he was even on the team. 

I actually wanted Gesicki the year he left Miami. The thought is he struggled in NE with subpar QB play and not many threats around him in the receiving department. I thought he played well for the Dolphins.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Teams who can develop players win in the NFL. Starters need to improve. Backups need to improve to push starters or improve depth as injuries will happen. Rookies need to develop and no longer play like rookies at the end of the year.

As for those mentioned, great to see 2 second year WR's showing promise. I like Chase Brown and think he could have a breakout year. Mims and Cochran would be huge pieces for depth for our OL, again injuries will happen.

I think Gesicki is licking his chops playing with Burrow and 2 of the best WR's in football getting attention.

I am an optimist, but I love our team and if we can keep the key guys healthy and avoid season ending injuries, I feel we can compete with anyone in the NFL.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2024, 09:27 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: At some point, the bengals are going to strike gold again with a late round pick.  Maybe it’s iosivas, maybe newton, Matt Lee, idk.  But eventually we will get a really good player from later in the draft.  

Does not compute Say What
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2024, 02:34 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Does not compute Say What

You can take the best QB in the world, but he just doesn’t develop or have “it” and never fully develops. (Ryan leaf, as an example)

You can take Mr irrelevant and have him playing in NFCcG and Super Bowl in his first two years. (Brock purdy, as an example).

You have David Boston, you have puka nacua.

No matter how good your scouting department is, you are drafting humans. It’s impossible to know the outcome on the other side.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2024, 03:08 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: You can take the best QB in the world, but he just doesn’t develop or have “it” and never fully develops. (Ryan leaf, as an example)

You can take Mr irrelevant and have him playing in NFCcG and Super Bowl in his first two years.  (Brock purdy, as an example).

No matter how good your scouting department is, you are drafting humans.  It’s impossible to know the outcome on the other side.

I know. I was making a joke.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2024, 03:08 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: You can take the best QB in the world, but he just doesn’t develop or have “it” and never fully develops. (Ryan leaf, as an example)

You can take Mr irrelevant and have him playing in NFCcG and Super Bowl in his first two years. (Brock purdy, as an example).

No matter how good your scouting department is, you are drafting humans. It’s impossible to know the outcome on the other side.

You're absolutely correct, but Boston was actually a very good player.

if you mean about him being a nutcase, then I apologise for thinking incorrectly Sad.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2024, 07:30 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You're absolutely correct, but Boston was actually a very good player.

if you mean about him being a nutcase, then I apologise for thinking incorrectly Sad.

On field or off the field, it’s hard to nail the outcome of a player. Donald driver was a 7th round pick that same year who had the longer and better career.
Reply/Quote

You can take Mr irrelevant and have him playing in NFCcG and Super Bowl in his first two years.  (Brock purdy, as an example).

No matter how good your scouting department is, you are drafting humans.  It’s impossible to know the outcome on the other side.

For sure

There's so many stories of can't miss prospects who've totally flopped. And likewise, after thought late round picks who have done very well. As has been said many, many times. The draft is a crap shoot and always will be.
Reply/Quote