Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taylor finalizes coaching staff
In addition to veteran coach Mark Duffner, Taylor adds Gerald Chatman - who was a coaching intern with Bengals in 2018 - as a defensive assistant to finalize his staff.

That brings the total number to 24, the biggest I can ever remember for Bengals coaching staff.

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-hire-two-assistant-coaches-finalize-2019-staff

Chatman, 30, joins the Bengals after spending the last two seasons at Tennessee State University, where he was defensive ends/outside linebackers coach, and then added the role of special teams coordinator in 2018. Prior to Tennessee State, Chatman coached at Elon University (defensive line, 2016), Texas A&M University (graduate assistant, ’15), Butler University (defensive line coach and assistant recruiting coordinator, ’14), Ball State University (defensive graduate assistant, ’12-13), and the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh (defensive line, ’10-11).
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 12:59 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: In addition to veteran coach Mark Duffner, Taylor adds Gerald Chatman - who was a coaching intern with Bengals in 2018 - as a defensive assistant to finalize his staff.

That brings the total number to 24, the biggest I can ever remember for Bengals coaching staff.

Largest staff in team history.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 01:27 PM)pally Wrote: Largest staff in team history.  

that's what she said
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 01:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: that's what she said

Oh good gawd, here comes another Andy thread...... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I'm so ready for Monday. We'll finally get to see how this new regime will approach things.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
well, this is at least a positive move forward and these assistances all have tons of experience.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
And more de facto scouts to boot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 12:59 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: In addition to veteran coach Mark Duffner, Taylor adds Gerald Chatman - who was a coaching intern with Bengals in 2018 - as a defensive assistant to finalize his staff.

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-hire-two-assistant-coaches-finalize-2019-staff

Chatman, 30, joins the Bengals after spending the last two seasons at Tennessee State University, where he was defensive ends/outside linebackers coach, and then added the role of special teams coordinator in 2018. Prior to Tennessee State, Chatman coached at Elon University (defensive line, 2016), Texas A&M University (graduate assistant, ’15), Butler University (defensive line coach and assistant recruiting coordinator, ’14), Ball State University (defensive graduate assistant, ’12-13), and the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh (defensive line, ’10-11).

I think we have used the word finalized to many times for this staff lol...

Its final.. till they make another change.
Reply/Quote
A wide range of fresh eyes. Not sure how much has really changed, but so far they haven't given us much of a reason to claim same o'le same o'le.......

Until Free agency starts anyway.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I think this shouldn't go unnoticed. Along with the largest staff in Bengals history Mike Brown is also paying half a staff that still had contracts to coach this year, which is something "Old Mike" would have never done. This is a bigger deal to me than I think many here because to me I could have seen an older version of this team operating on a smaller staff this year until the old staff contracts came off the books.
Reply/Quote

That's one way to get around Mike Brown's tiny scouting department policy.

Reply/Quote
Glad to have Duff back. Class act. Anyone remember when Coslet was fired and MB tried to promote Duffner to HC? He declined because his boss, Dick LeBeau, was far more accomplished and deserving and requested the position go to him. It was his last offer of a HC opportunity, and I will be willing to bet that he doesn't regret it.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 03:09 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think this shouldn't go unnoticed. Along with the largest staff in Bengals history Mike Brown is also paying half a staff that still had contracts to coach this year, which is something "Old Mike" would have never done. This is a bigger deal to me than I think many here because to me I could have seen an older version of this team operating on a smaller staff this year until the old staff contracts came off the books.

Agree,

It seems that we're seeing a watershed moment unfold before our eyes. Just hoping we continue getting more eyeopeners thru free agency, the draft, cuts and so on.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 03:24 PM)BengalChris Wrote: That's one way to get around Mike Brown's tiny scouting department policy.

You have to wonder if ZT didn't lobby and say since we can't have official scouts can we have some unofficial scouts ?

Or better yet if Mike is even involved ?
Reply/Quote
This is either a good thing or a train wreck waiting to happen. If someone sucks dump them for the guy on the staff who doesn’t
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 01:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: that's what she said

Thats what he wish she said!
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 03:59 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: You have to wonder if ZT didn't lobby and say since we can't have official scouts can we have some unofficial scouts ?

Or better yet if Mike is even involved ?

I hope mike doesn’t get involved. Don’t want to derail progress.

Reply/Quote

Even larger than when Lipencott was here?

[Image: Jim_Lippincott.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 03:59 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: You have to wonder if ZT didn't lobby and say since we can't have official scouts can we have some unofficial scouts ?

I don't know if I have opened this can of worms in a while, but I really don't have a problem with coaches doing a lot of scouting.  In fact I would think that scouts are the guys not smart enough to be coaches.  A good coach should be a good scout.

And there is no reason to have to travel and see live games.  In fact it seems like a huge waste of resources to me.

And finally, I would think that the coaches would love to have a say in what type of players they get.
Reply/Quote

Wow, can't believe he worked at Texas A&M.  

Rolleyes
Reply/Quote