Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taylor giving Turner props
For those that think Turner is going to be fired...

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 10:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: For those that think Turner is going to be fired...

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Lets see if they can run against the Patriots.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Is he ignoring the fact that the Mixon only got 2.3 yards per carry on 19 carries a mere two weeks ago?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 10:58 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Is he ignoring the fact that the Mixon only got 2.3 yards per carry on 19 carries a mere two weeks ago?

Yes. They basically only seem to look at things that prove their point.
Reply/Quote
Mixon has been averaging 4.5 yards a carry and 93.8 yards per a game since the bye.
If he had that pace for an entire 16 game schedule he would have 1,500 yards rushing for the season.
So yes the running game has improved somewhat.
Anyways I doubt Taylor would have fired Turner but instead would have hired Callahan as an assistant offensive line coach.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
The 2 are not necessarily mutually exclusive. Zac can praise Turner for the line improvements and still decide that the improvements didn’t come soon enough or were enough.

Or maybe Callahan gets hired as a special offensive assistant. He will have too many other options to settle for a job as assistant line coach

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 10:58 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Is he ignoring the fact that the Mixon only got 2.3 yards per carry on 19 carries a mere two weeks ago?

Did Ryanfinley lead you to believe Dalton is now a lefty?
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
If anything, the 2019 Bengals' offensive line is better in pass protection than they are when run blocking. As I understand it, this is a Jim Turner "thing" which is the opposite of the Frank Pollack "thing" where the line was good at run blocking and horrible in pass protection.
Reply/Quote
Michael Jordan seems to be improving and is showing his athleticism. Rookie year is usually rough for Offensive Linemen hopefully he can take that next step in year two.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 10:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: For those that think Turner is going to be fired...

To be fair, the offensive line has shown TREMENDOUS improvement from where it was at the beginning of the season. They're actually providing a pocket at least 50% of the time and the running game has improved. Now, whether that's to Turner's credit is a different story
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

"Hey Jim, great job taking half a season to ultimately go back and do what Frank Pollack was doing last year!"
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2019, 01:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: "Hey Jim, great job taking half a season to ultimately go back and do what Frank Pollack was doing last year!"

Pollack had a completely different line up than Turner. 
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 11:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes. They basically only seem to look at things that prove their point.

You forgot the "sarcasm" emoji.

First 8 weeks... 32nd in rushing yards per game (59.5), 32nd in yards per attempt (3.17)
Last 5 weeks...  9th in rushing yards per game (127.8), 10th in yards per attempt (4.60)

But, hey, lets pick the stats from one player for one game to prove that nothing has improved.  That wouldn't be anything like someone who was only looking at things that prove his point.

LOL
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2019, 12:30 PM)PhilHos Wrote: To be fair, the offensive line has shown TREMENDOUS improvement from where it was at the beginning of the season. They're actually providing a pocket at least 50% of the time and the running game has improved. Now, whether that's to Turner's credit is a different story

Yeah, improving from from one of the worst lines ever.. they still suck.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2019, 02:32 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Yeah, improving from from one of the worst lines ever.. they still suck.

lets not forget who Turner has to work with on this OL lol get some talent there and we might be okay.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2019, 02:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Pollack had a completely different line up than Turner. 

Was referring to directional blocking, not the players on the field.
I would need to find the source again, but I recall reading that the Bengals have had success recently in the run game because they went back to directional blocking like what Pollack implemented last year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2019, 09:56 AM)Synric Wrote: Michael Jordan seems to be improving and is showing his athleticism. Rookie year is usually rough for Offensive Linemen hopefully he can take that next step in year two.

Good news here, liked the Jordan pick. Too bad Price has just sucked under Turner.

I think we still need a much better O-line coach and more talent. This is what is needed about more than anything on this 
team. If we can upgrade the O-line, the Linebackers and most of all coaching we will be okay. Lots of things need to change
around here.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2019, 02:46 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: lets not forget who Turner has to work with on this OL lol get some talent there and we might be okay.

Ahh, talent acquisition...the essential duty that our franchise views as a pointless luxury.
Reply/Quote
When did Glenn return to the lineup? Asking for a friend.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2019, 03:28 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: When did Glenn return to the lineup? Asking for a friend.

Pittsburgh game.  Three weeks ago.

The big turn around cane after the bye week 5 games ago.
Reply/Quote