Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Taylor needs to take a page out of Sirianni’s book
(10-10-2022, 05:33 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Oh please, please, please, please let Zac do this.

Although I'm not sure Callahan would be much better since he is part of this dysfunctional offense, a change could be just the spark we need, even if it's technically a lateral move.

Callahan might be who scripts the 1st 15 plays...

The guy in the booth should be able to figure out how to attack this.
Reply/Quote
I was just thinking about that earlier. The problem is the Bengals aren't the Eagles specifically in the front office/ownership department. I think the Eagles want to win and are willing to pay to win more than the Bengals. Would the Bengals fire a coach a few years after a superbowl win because they thought they could do better?Would the Bengals go outside to bring in a new play caller while Zac is doing the job essentially spending extra money for a job that's already getting done? I don't think they would. I mean they're filling the stadium right now. I think fan expectations have gone up but I doubt the Bengals (from a front office point of view) has changed that much. That might sound extreme but just ask yourself if we go on to finish 8-8? Do the Bengals say it's hard to win in this league and we lost some close ones so let's just run it back and see what happens. Or do they say this is unacceptable for what we expect and either make significant changes to the coaching staff or make significant additions to the roster besides the draft.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 06:26 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I read the article, it was not about oh im struggling let someone start  play calling, it was more involved with other aspects, now im not saying that is a bad thing plus ZT took us to SB as the main influence as play caller, I think 5 games into this season it is not a ego trip if still calling plays.  

Aren’t you the one that constantly goes on about our defense and kicker carrying us in the playoffs last season?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 06:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: With the small amt of time between plays, I can't see like 5 people hashing out a call.

Exactly what I was thinking. That’s not happening.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 06:40 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I was just thinking about that earlier. The problem is the Bengals aren't the Eagles specifically in the front office/ownership department. I think the Eagles want to win and are willing to pay to win more than the Bengals. Would the Bengals fire a coach a few years after a superbowl win because they thought they could do better?Would the Bengals go outside to bring in a new play caller while Zac is doing the job essentially spending extra money for a job that's already getting done? I don't think they would. I mean they're filling the stadium right now. I think fan expectations have gone up but I doubt the Bengals (from a front office point of view) has changed that much. That might sound extreme but just ask yourself if we go on to finish 8-8? Do the Bengals say it's hard to win in this league and we lost some close ones so let's just run it back and see what happens. Or do they say this is unacceptable for what we expect and either make significant changes to the coaching staff or make significant additions to the roster besides the draft.

No what you need is a qualified OC who runs the offense. He does the game plan and he executes the plan during the game. Being hired as a head coach doesn’t automatically make you qualified to run an offense. Unless you have a proven track record, go do head coach stuff and find someone to run the offense.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 06:28 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: "It all gets the same end result"  Which is bad more often than not Zac.

Admit it to yourself Zac and stop the committee of OC's plan, it's not working !!

I dont work in these circles but as an outsider that runs a dept, I wouLd want no more than 2 others to speak to when making these decisions that require 5 seconds to make. ZT is a bufoon.   No wonder these BS, joke plays get put in, a bunch of people screaming in his headset at what "they would do" and he goes with the Bufoon special #1 and #2
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 07:43 PM)michaelsean Wrote: No what you need is a qualified OC who runs the offense. He does the game plan and he executes the plan during the game.  Being hired as a head coach doesn’t automatically make you qualified to run an offense.  Unless you have a proven track record, go do head coach stuff and find someone to run the offense.

Who decides this though. Is the front office going to make a move in the off-season if the struggles continue.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 08:15 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Who decides this though. Is the front office going to make a move in the off-season if the struggles continue.

Should be the head coach but…

Reply/Quote
Jake liscow and Jamies rapien discuss same topic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0NRgOlOFFw
Reply/Quote
To sum up the Bengals:

-We don't know who actually calls the plays.
-We don't know who actually decides on personnel.
-The Blackburn sisters handle social media and marketing.
Reply/Quote
If a bunch of voices are in the mix and it's "the same result" then perhaps it should be changed?  No??  What the hell kind of answer is that?

No accountability, when you make replies like that.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Sounds like the output is tantamount to old ladies arguing about gin rummy.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 10:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: To sum up the Bengals:

-We don't know who actually calls the plays.
-We don't know who actually decides on personnel.
-The Blackburn sisters handle social media and marketing.

1 out of 3 is great if we're talking batting averages.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 02:48 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: 1 out of 3 is great if we're talking batting averages.

And according to Meatloaf 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 02:54 PM)higgy100 Wrote: And according to Meatloaf 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6, and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 06:24 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What are the odds they're all good playcallers? Better off with 1.

They need to bring in Joe Brady.

I like this idea, but is Joe Brady available?
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 03:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like this idea, but is Joe Brady available?

He's the QB coach in Buffalo. 
Reply/Quote