Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taylor now Tied with Marvin Lewis
For equaling the longest losing streak by coaching a Bengals team in the past 10 years. That's right, the 2010 Bengals lost 10 games in a row, and that was with the benefit of Carson Palmer as the QB and the T/Ocho Show at WR.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
So you're saying that next week we're gonna break a franchise record?

Well that's a silver lining to this season, at least.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 11:11 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: So you're saying that next week we're gonna break a franchise record?

Well that's a silver lining to this season, at least.

Not that it is a savory record to break, but likely so.  

I'm just saying this;  As a fan would you rather A.  See this shell of a team get led to 3-5 wins with Marvin still coaching and Andy at QB, along with another draft slot in the 9-14 range?  

Or B.  See the depth of the roster show what they do or don't have, in preparation for an actual rebuild that the Management will certainly be forced to perform?  Get that #1 pick and either use it or trade it?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 12:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not that it is a savory record to break, but likely so.  

I'm just saying this;  As a fan would you rather A.  See this shell of a team get led to 3-5 wins with Marvin still coaching and Andy at QB, along with another draft slot in the 9-14 range?  

Or B.  See the depth of the roster show what they do or don't have, in preparation for an actual rebuild that the Management will certainly be forced to perform?  Get that #1 pick and either use it or trade it?

I'd take B all day every day and twice on Sunday.

I see people saying "Put Dalton back in" after these two objectively disastrous starts by Finley. I don't see the  upside to that. I get that people just want to root for a winner, but our chances of being a winner sooner go up exponentially if we actually have an elite QB for the first time in nearly a decade.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 12:25 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'd take B all day every day and twice on Sunday.

I see people saying "Put Dalton back in" after these two objectively disastrous starts by Finley. I don't see the  upside to that. I get that people just want to root for a winner, but our chances of being a winner sooner go up exponentially if we actually have an elite QB for the first time in nearly a decade.

I have seen Finley and Dalton work as QB. I want to see how the 3rd QB will perform. He has more mobility than both and IMO, maybe he is the next Tom Brady, but no one will know if the coach don't play him. 
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 12:25 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'd take B all day every day and twice on Sunday.

I agree important now to get players experience as nothing to lose and great chance to evaluate the bottom of the roster prior to the free agency and draft in 2020.

I think they should just make Dalton inactive and Jake active as well, that way if Finley is injured, then Jake gets experience and AD can relax and get ready to tell the Bengals to shove it after  the season (Dalton will do it in a nice way, but he will likely never play for Bengals in 2020). I don't blame him.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
They have combined 12 most consecutive losses franchise history. Also 12 consecutive games under 24 points. They will get on wiki together if we lose to the Steelers climbing the all time top list in NFL history.
Reply/Quote
It only took ZT 10 games to match his predecessor's record 10 game losing streak...that is amazing.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 12:30 PM)MEBengalsFan Wrote: I have seen Finley and Dalton work as QB. I want to see how the 3rd QB will perform. He has more mobility than both and IMO, maybe he is the next Tom Brady, but no one will know if the coach don't play him. 

After him let's see how Alex Erickson does at QB...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 02:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It only took ZT 10 games to match his predecessor's record 10 game losing streak...that is amazing.

Efficient....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 11:07 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: For equaling the longest losing streak by coaching a Bengals team in the past 10 years.  That's right, the 2010 Bengals lost 10 games in a row, and that was with the benefit of Carson Palmer as the QB and the T/Ocho Show at WR.

By the end of this season, Taylor will own most of the franchise season worst records all by himself and he might even have some NFL historical records to boot for a season.

So far he holds the worst start for a HC in Bengals history and extends his own record each week.

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 02:08 PM)jason Wrote: Efficient....

ML had a playoff team the following year. Lets see if ZT can do the same next year. 
Reply/Quote
Since this is the first thread I noticed Marvin in the title, figured I post this here.

Imagine Marvin becoming HC for another team next season, bringing Andy along and making a run.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote