Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Taylor on course to be epically bad
[Image: EoBSwu6XcAEjtOs?format=jpg&name=900x900]
Reply/Quote
Meh... I don't know. A win would have been a loss and a loss is a win for us. Who would have thunk it?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
TO be fair, Taylor has shown improvement over year one. He already has a better record than the first year. That tie being the difference. I think that should earn him a 3rd year
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 07:43 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: TO be fair, Taylor has shown improvement over year one.  He already has a better record than the first year.  That tie being the difference.  I think that should earn him a 3rd year

I can't tell if you're serious or not. But the only difference I've seen between this year and last year is Joe Burrow. 
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 07:45 PM)TheFan Wrote: I can't tell if you're serious or not. But the only difference I've seen between this year and last year is Joe Burrow. 

No, that would be sarcasm.  Had I been serious, you should immediately check my forehead for lobotomy scars
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 07:37 PM)TheFan Wrote: You aren't wrong. Hue is still a quality NFL coach. That said, he never should have come to Cincinnati after being fired. That was a terrible look.

I recall rumors that Mikey really wanted to hire Hue to be HC after Marvin left.  I also recall everyone, myself included being mortified with the idea.  It would have been laughable to give that guy a job considering how badly things went in Cleveland.  It definitely wasn't an ideal way to re-energize fans and sell seats.

Now, almost 2 years later, I think many on here, myself included would probably trade Zac and his band of merry assholes for Hue and whatever arrangement of actual NFL assistants he could bring on board.  I've seen Hue coordinate offenses, and he was a damn sight better at it than this guy is.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 07:46 PM)samhain Wrote: I recall rumors that Mikey really wanted to hire Hue to be HC after Marvin left.  I also recall everyone, myself included being mortified with the idea.  It would have been laughable to give that guy a job considering how badly things went in Cleveland.  It definitely wasn't an ideal way to re-energize fans and sell seats.

Now, almost 2 years later, I think many on here, myself included would probably trade Zac and his band of merry assholes for Hue and whatever arrangement of actual NFL assistants he could bring on board.  I've seen Hue coordinate offenses, and he was a damn sight better at it that this guy is.

You can't go to your division and state rival the same week you're fired as their head coach. If I was a player I would lose all respect and never trust anything he says. 

I'd be fine with Hue as a position coach or coordinator but I wouldn't want him as a HC
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 07:39 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Meh... I don't know. A win would have been a loss and a loss is a win for us. Who would have thunk it?

Yeah that's where I'm at.

I don't cheer for the team to lose, but then again I don't want to pick up a few games and pick 12-15. Why? Because we would probably take a 'oh he should have gone higher' project or a corner.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 07:46 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: No, that would be sarcasm.  Had I been serious, you should immediately check my forehead for lobotomy scars

There's two people here who legitimately think he should get another year so you can never be sure lol
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 07:50 PM)TheFan Wrote: You can't go to your division and state rival the same week you're fired as their head coach. If I was a player I would lose all respect and never trust anything he says. 

I don't disagree.  All I'm saying is that with the sample size I've seen from Zac, I don't think he's better than Hue Jackson.  I'd rather have neither of them, but if I had to have one, it would be Hue.  Zac sucks.  I can't think of one aspect of being a head coach that he's shown to be proficient at.  He is literally awful at everything.  
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 07:46 PM)samhain Wrote: I recall rumors that Mikey really wanted to hire Hue to be HC after Marvin left.  I also recall everyone, myself included being mortified with the idea.  It would have been laughable to give that guy a job considering how badly things went in Cleveland.  It definitely wasn't an ideal way to re-energize fans and sell seats.

Now, almost 2 years later, I think many on here, myself included would probably trade Zac and his band of merry assholes for Hue and whatever arrangement of actual NFL assistants he could bring on board.  I've seen Hue coordinate offenses, and he was a damn sight better at it than this guy is.

That was before he went to Cleveland.

They were trying to make up a contract that would have turned the reigns over to him after Marvin retired, but couldn't come up with the terms in time before Cleveland demanded a decision from him.  I think I recall seeing that the sticking point was going to be how long the HC contract would be.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 07:54 PM)samhain Wrote: I don't disagree.  All I'm saying is that with the sample size I've seen from Zac, I don't think he's better than Hue Jackson.  I'd rather have neither of them, but if I had to have one, it would be Hue.  Zac sucks.  I can't think of one aspect of being a head coach that he's shown to be proficient at.  He is literally awful at everything.  

Not true.

He's a very snappy dresser.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 07:58 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: That was before he went to Cleveland.

They were trying to make up a contract that would have turned the reigns over to him after Marvin retired, but couldn't come up with the terms in time before Cleveland demanded a decision from him.  I think I recall seeing that the sticking point was going to be how long the HC contract would be.

Hue got an interview after Marvin left.  It's media hearsay, but I def recall seeing/hearing that Mike Brown really preferred him even after Cleveland.  The kids knew that it just could not happen and put a stop to it.  How bad is it that Mike might actually be smarter than Katie and Troy, even Duke?
Reply/Quote
I watched perhaps 5 minutes of the 1st qtr. and didn't even flinch when the wife said let's go shopping. My interest in the Bengals is at an all time low and it's because of Zac Taylor. The only reason I don't want him fired now is because I fully believe he'll lose all the remaining games doing two things.

1. Better draft position 2. Can MB really bring ZT and the clown show back after going 4-27-1 over two seasons ? I want the entire staff from Tobin on down gone.
Reply/Quote
Taylor and others like Lou and Turner may have failed in many ways. However, they were successful in one, probably two uplifting turning points in the Bengal Franchise.

1-Their ineptitude led to the drafting of Joe Burrow, a generational type of QB that will be of the Franchise's best.
2-May draft a Munoz Clone in Sewell.

So there is that.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I wonder how the 3 Zac Taylor supporters on this are
Going.to.defend him.now. He cant even.beat the god
Awful NFC East.
Reply/Quote
This team should not be this bad outside of a Brandon Wilson TD they did nothing worth while today.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
It might seem like a bad thing to root for us to lose. Losing is for the greater good though. If Taylor continues to prove his ineptitude, maybe Brown will actually can him. Losing also puts us in better draft position.

Some say Taylor has improved this year. I disagree. If Dalton were starting this year, our offensive line would look pretty much the same as last year. Burrow is the only reason we have looked better this year. We were only in position to draft him because of Taylor’s poor coaching. If Marv were still here, we likely win 4-6 games both seasons and lose out on Burrow. Having a bad coach pays off in terms of draft position for sure.

We need a coach that can win without Burrow. Then you add Burrow to a competent team and we can actually be really good.

Keep losing Zac. You’re great at it.
Reply/Quote
This has more to do with the ineptitude of the Brown family than anything else. Just because you come from the sperm of Paul Brown does it make you a great decision maker on football. The Brown family cares about making $$$$$$$$. Don’t give a damn about winning. If they cared about winning they would fire this clueless coaching staff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 07:54 PM)samhain Wrote: I don't disagree.  All I'm saying is that with the sample size I've seen from Zac, I don't think he's better than Hue Jackson.  I'd rather have neither of them, but if I had to have one, it would be Hue.  Zac sucks.  I can't think of one aspect of being a head coach that he's shown to be proficient at.  He is literally awful at everything.  

He’s definitely not better than Hue. Hue had a track record as a successful coach and coordinator. ZT has zero record of any success doing anything. It’s the most bizarre thing I’ve ever seen.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote