Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Taylor says Redmond is starting at RG
(11-21-2020, 01:47 AM)Tony Wrote: Was the Bengals franchise put on earth to make us suffer?

I have a theory that anyone who is a true Bengals fan has done something to personally piss off God and this is our punishment.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2020, 11:44 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-notebook-another-sunday-another-role-for-assistants-mixon-out-no-rotatio

So he said Redmond would play, but didn't name him the starter (although he later ruled out a rotation)

Spain was called LG

Hart practiced but has not been given the nod.

Seems like a case of Zac giving only the info that he has to, or at least I hope it is.  It's pretty clear that Spain is the best guard on the roster, and if you have Hart and Adeniji available at RT, he needs to start somewhere inside, end of discussion.  If the guy can play RT, then RG shouldn't be much of a stretch.  

At some point, as with the staff, you have to make decisions with winning games in mind.  Loyalty to lesser players like Redmond (and arguably Jordan, although he can probably improve), much like loyalty to guys like Turner and Anraumo will continue to get this team the results they've been seeing since this staff got here.  Start the best 5, substitute when injury demands, move forward.  
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2020, 11:56 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I have a theory that anyone who is a true Bengals fan has done something to personally piss off God and this is our punishment.

On the flip side, I think that when all Bengal fans die, they are immediately allowed into Heaven out of pity. 

So we got that going for us. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Redmond concerns me.Whenever the Bengals are driving downfield and getting into a rhythm and get into scoring distance I’m sort holding my breath that Redmond doesn’t jump offsides.I like what I’m seeing from Spain.They should lock him in.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2020, 11:44 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-notebook-another-sunday-another-role-for-assistants-mixon-out-no-rotatio

So he said Redmond would play, but didn't name him the starter (although he later ruled out a rotation)

Spain was called LG

Seems like another purposely misleading thread title, intended to stir things up or "troll" the fan base, if you will..   Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2020, 11:56 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I have a theory that anyone who is a true Bengals fan has done something to personally piss off God and this is our punishment.

I can get you a list on that if it helps?

[Image: 0f78ee2ca3f5f4c7fce79ba1efc680b5.gif]

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote

WhoDey2 I could get on board with this since my Catholic guilt is running rampant... Nervous
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2020, 10:13 AM)jason Wrote: He's not stupid. He's just bad at his job. There's probably a million other professions he could thrive in.

He should start practicing: "we will serve no fries before their time"    
can anyone name the movie that line came from?  hint sean penn was in it.... 
KEEP AND START SPAIN...i dont care how they do it
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 04:39 PM)pally Wrote: I would suspect it is because Hart isn't playing yet so Spain will be playing RT again.  Or Zac is blowing smoke like he did last week and we will see an entirely different OL

Yeah, Zac cannot be this dumb. I was crazy mad when he said MJ was starting over Spain and then Spain ended up starting at 
RT stopping my insanity. We just don't know the injury situations and then jump to conclusions. I didn't even know Spain could
play RT. Great pick up. It really hasn't been Zac's roster management that is so bad, it is that he just finds ways to lose games 
that he should win.
Reply/Quote

The rest of my life is great. Guess I did something though lol
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2020, 04:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, Zac cannot be this dumb. I was crazy mad when he said MJ was starting over Spain and then Spain ended up starting at 
RT stopping my insanity. We just don't know the injury situations and then jump to conclusions. I didn't even know Spain could
play RT. Great pick up. It really hasn't been Zac's roster management that is so bad, it is that he just finds ways to lose games 
that he should win.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves now. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2020, 04:31 PM)kalibengal Wrote: He should start practicing: "we will serve no fries before their time"    
can anyone name the movie that line came from?  hint sean penn was in it.... 
KEEP AND START SPAIN...i dont care how they do it

FTARH

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Bit of fun facts:

The year that the Bengals joined the NFL (1970) was the year that Cincinnati basketball great Oscar Robertson was traded from the Cincinnati Royals to Milwaukee. Robertson's very first season with Milwaukee, Robertson won his first and only NBA championship. Meanwhile, the Royals kept declining and moved to Kansas City two years later.

Also, the Cincinnati Royals never had a winning record ever since the Bengals became a franchise in 1968.

So basically, the misery is not on just the Bengals, but all major league-level sports teams in Cincinnati other than the Reds.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Spain was called LG

If Hart practiced full go and doesn't start at RT, something is odd.  It isn't like any of the guys that replaced him set the world on fire and Hart had his highest rating the game he was injured.  

Not disputing your research here, but if Mike Jordan didn't lose his job to injury (or illness) when Spain played much better than he did, then I don't see how Bobby Hart loses his spot unless he didn't actually do all the drills in practice and "full go" is bad information.  
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 01:06 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Bit of fun facts:

The year that the Bengals joined the NFL (1970) was the year that Cincinnati basketball great Oscar Robertson was traded from the Cincinnati Royals to Milwaukee. Robertson's very first season with Milwaukee, Robertson won his first and only NBA championship. Meanwhile, the Royals kept declining and moved to Kansas City two years later.

Also, the Cincinnati Royals never had a winning record ever since the Bengals became a franchise in 1968.

So basically, the misery is not on just the Bengals, but all major league-level sports teams in Cincinnati other than the Reds.

It may be all of Southwest Ohio. Dayton basketball was primed to be the 1 overall seed aaaaand ITS GONE. That will never happen again.
Reply/Quote