Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Taylor says Redmond is starting at RG

Either this guy is trying his best to get fired or he's just really clueless
Reply/Quote
Redmond hurt his bicep in practice this week, too.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 04:00 PM)Trademark Wrote:
Clueless is it!!!! Spain has earned a starting spot.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Dumbarsk

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 04:00 PM)Trademark Wrote:

Or he could be bluffing.
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
He's such a damn fool.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
So you sign a guy in Spain that is better then any guard we have....and then don't use him?
Obviously Taylor is thinking...
I don't know what in the hell he is thinking.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Mike Brown: "Why aren't we winning more?"

Zac Taylor: "I have no idea!"

::Continues to play worse players over better players::
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I suspect Turner might have had a lot to do with this.
Reply/Quote
I would suspect it is because Hart isn't playing yet so Spain will be playing RT again. Or Zac is blowing smoke like he did last week and we will see an entirely different OL

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 04:39 PM)pally Wrote: I would suspect it is because Hart isn't playing yet so Spain will be playing RT again. Or Zac is blowing smoke like he did last week and we will see an entirely different OL

I would agree with this as well; it's only logical.

But of course, we know who created the thread...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Spain can't start. They'll have to call him up from the practice squad and they've used up the number of times they can call him up without exposing him to waivers. If they call him up Sunday, he can get claimed.

The issue is the mismanagement of the roster and the lack of using the new IR rules.

I've been preaching to you guys about how p.poor this has been.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 05:30 PM)jj22 Wrote: Spain can't start. They'll have to call him up from the practice squad and they've used up the number of times they can call him up without exposing him to waivers. If they call him up Sunday, he can get claimed.

The issue is the mismanagement of the roster and the lack of using the new IR rules.

I've been preaching to you guys about how p.poor this has been.

I am totally confused.

If we call him up then he is on our active roster.  How can another team claim a player from our active roster?  I thought a player had to be released from the active roster to be subject to waiver claims.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 05:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am totally confused.

If we call him up then he is on our active roster.  How can another team claim a player from our active roster?  I thought a player had to be released from the active roster to be subject to waiver claims.

agreed and also I thought only way he was exposed is if he stayed on practice squad?? If this is case they better ensure he is protected...he looks like a great pick up so far. 
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 05:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am totally confused.

I meant the additional game day roster spot. Activate I guess would have been the better word. The two practice squad players that can be added to gameday rosters.

On Monday, those practice squad players "called up" will revert back to the practice squad, and can't be claimed unless it's done more than twice (which Spain has been activated twice from the practice squad already).

After that 2nd time, they are exposed to waivers the next day on their way back to the practice squad.

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 05:52 PM)kalibengal Wrote: agreed and also I thought only way he was exposed is if he stayed on practice squad?? If this is case they better ensure he is protected...he looks like a great pick up so far. 

Sounds like this whole covid roster changes that were approved before the start of the season need to be discussed around here again. 

I thought we were all on the same page as to how this works by now.

Maybe I can find an old thread.

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 05:55 PM)jj22 Wrote: Sounds like this whole covid roster changes that were approved before the start of the season need to be discussed around here again. 

I thought we were all on the same page as to how this works by now.

Maybe I can find an old thread.

I personally would love a semi-detailed breakdown if you don't mind, because I'm not totally following either.

I understand the idea that they can't keep moving him up and down, or activating him, without risking exposing him to waivers.  But why can't they just bring him up from the practice squad and leave him on 55 man roster?

I'm also not following on the whole "he can't start" thing either.  So he can play, without being exposed, as long as he doesn't start?

Not being cute with these questions, I have no clue what the details are.  It just seems odd they can't activate him and leave him on the roster. 
Reply/Quote
We are still at 52 on the active roster so we have maneuvering room

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I suspect it has nothing to do with the covid/activation rules. I think it's one of 2 things:

a. Turner/Taylor think continuity trumps talent. Redmond has been playing next to Hopkins and Hart (who may be back), and even if Spain is better they fear the lack of continuity will lead to a sack or two. That's really dumb, I know, but that doesn't mean it's not the reason.

b. I'll wait until I hear the actual interview, but it's not clear to me yet whether he said Redmond would be available to play or whether he'd start. This all seems to come from a tweet from Hobson who frequently gets things wrong. And I don't remember ZT ever saying who would start and who wouldn't, so it would surprise me if he started now. But like I said, I haven't seen the press conference yet.
Reply/Quote