Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taylor to use full playbook in Preseason
Jake from Locked On Bengals podcast just finished an interview with Zac Taylor.
Quote:Zac Taylor told me at the end of our interview today that he's opening the playbook up for preseason Week One in all three phases. Emphasized that he wanted it on the record. We will see it all.
https://twitter.com/Jake_NFL/status/1159518978802429954

Ultimately, we'll see if he's being honest or not, but we could see the true breadth of this offensive scheme!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I hope we still run that one play where Dalton hangs Gio out to dry 2-3 yards behind the line of scrimmage.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 03:00 PM)jason Wrote: I hope we still run that one play where Dalton hangs Gio out to dry 2-3 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

What about the good ol' Bob Bratkowski shovel pass play? Hope we still run that? Rolleyes
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 02:47 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Jake from Locked On Bengals podcast just finished an interview with Zac Taylor.

Ultimately, we'll see if he's being honest or not, but we could see the true breadth of this offensive scheme!

Good, bad, I don't know. I've never heard of a coach doing that before.

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 03:02 PM)PhilHos Wrote: What about the good ol' Bob Bratkowski shovel pass play? Hope we still run that? Rolleyes

The shovel pass is a very effective play.  I don't know why people around here seem to mock it.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 03:00 PM)jason Wrote: I hope we still run that one play where Dalton hangs Gio out to dry 2-3 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

It is not Dalton hanging Gio out to dry.  The same play works for other teams.  There is either something that tips the defense we are running that play or the blocking scheme is screwed up.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 03:02 PM)PhilHos Wrote: What about the good ol' Bob Bratkowski shovel pass play? Hope we still run that? Rolleyes

Not only is it a great play, but it works VERY frequently, both for us and other teams.

Using it once a game at the right time, will make it effective.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 03:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is not Dalton hanging Gio out to dry.  The same play works for other teams.  There is either something that tips the defense we are running that play or the blocking scheme is screwed up.

Not blaming Dalton or anyone else... Just seems to be the end result most times they run it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 02:47 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Jake from Locked On Bengals podcast just finished an interview with Zac Taylor.

I would say this is bad... But if its basically what the rams ran last year then there is already plenty of film on it.
Reply/Quote
Sensible decision - he needs his offense to get as many reps as possible in the new playbook so they are not entering the season as badly out of practice.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 03:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is not Dalton hanging Gio out to dry.  The same play works for other teams.  There is either something that tips the defense we are running that play or the blocking scheme is screwed up.

I get so frustrated when I see them consistently botching that play.Maybe with the new coaching staff they'll finally get it right.
Reply/Quote

He has hung him out to dry on several occasions and the play has worked on several occasions. He's been blown up too many times on it because the ball was thrown way too late. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 03:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The shovel pass is a very effective play.  I don't know why people around here seem to mock it.

To be honest, I was mocking the person I was quoting for going for the immediate negative response; hence the roll eyes emoj
Reply/Quote
I guess he figures they need the practice.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 04:10 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I guess he figures they need the practice.

Well, it is a brand new offense AND defense. Best way to practice is to use it on another team in games that don't count.
Reply/Quote

Well, this is much different than what we have heard from our coach in the past.

Maybe he has a very deep Playbook where it doesn't even matter. 

Not like being vanilla was fooling everybody in the past either.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 04:09 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He has hung him out to dry on several occasions and the play has worked on several occasions. He's been blown up too many times on it because the ball was thrown way too late. 

I remember that Colts game years ago where Gio was just getting gashed in the back. Hurt to watch, tough dude.
Reply/Quote

This. From what I've seen, linemen pulling too soon. The NFL is far too smart, defenders are far too smart. It would take Mr Kuechly a film session to be able to see a tick a linemen does. I wouldn't be surprised if our line was similar to this. I do recall a few times a guard/tackle pulled too quickly. Again, it's easy to blame Dalton on this situation, but most that make this critique, do not realize that this is literally the only option Dalton has (that or get sacked).

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote

I imagine we will see a decent amount. One, this is the first actual test to see this against an opponent. Two, Taylor needs to gel with all the coordinators. It's probably the most excited I've been to see us play pre-season in forever.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 04:09 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote:  He's been blown up too many times on it because the ball was thrown way too late. 

I don't think so.  If Dalton was throwing the ball too late Gio would have to stop to catch it.  Dalton usually hits him in stride.  Of course "some people" just want to blame everything on Dalton.

Whatever the problem I agree that our RBs get blown up on that play way too often.
Reply/Quote