Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taylor to use full playbook in Preseason
Oh well.

Personally I think he should be opening up the playbook and also playing the starters longer. With new systems on both sides of the ball the key is to get reps in them before it counts so that we minimize the mistakes in regular season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 01:04 PM)Joelist Wrote: Oh well.

Personally I think he should be opening up the playbook and also playing the starters longer. With new systems on both sides of the ball the key is to get reps in them before it counts so that we minimize the mistakes in regular season.

I agree in a way because you do want to get things tight, but I also like the idea of getting to the regular season with our best players healthy.  It's  a fine line, to be sure.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 12:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Way to leave out the sarcasm OP lol  Sarcasm

To be fair, that wasn't mentioned when I posted, so I didn't know it was sarcastic!  Cry
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 12:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Gio doesn't stand still waiting for Dalton to throw the pass. 

Yeah, running backs don't get in the flat and just stop. As a rule of thumb (as they're taught) they keep moving.  Mellow

I don't really feel it's necessary to point out that pretty much anyone can watch a game and when that play happens, they think "he threw that ball too late". I've had that thought on several occasions when Bernard got blown up. I know i'm not the only one.

In the Indy playoff game, that wasn't the issue. The defender just diagnosed the play quick and ran right by the Bengals WR and crushed him.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 01:10 PM)ochocincos Wrote: To be fair, that wasn't mentioned when I posted, so I didn't know it was sarcastic!  Cry

It's cool bro, sounds like you were tricked!
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 01:10 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote:  

I don't really feel it's necessary to point out that pretty much anyone can watch a game and when that play happens, they think "he threw that ball too late". I've had that thought on several occasions when Bernard got blown up. I know i'm not the only one.

Well considering Cape Crusader agrees with me I think it might be necessary to get this "anyone" to actually post here.  Otherwise it seems like you are just making stuff up and claiming everyone agrees with you.

(08-08-2019, 05:44 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: This. Again. The entire play is one path designed. This isn't like Dalton's dropping back and scanning the field. His only option is to make the pass, throw it away or get sacked. The best bet in the design is to give it to the playmaker (as he does). The play just doesn't work because we don't execute it well. 
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 01:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Well considering Cape Crusader agrees with me I think it might be necessary to get this "anyone" to actually post here.  Otherwise it seems like you are just making stuff up and claiming everyone agrees with you.

This--the highlighted part--(along with many many others) is a perfect example that you do exactly what is highlighted in orange CONSTANTLY. Also, if you can't understand that "pretty much anyone" means...exactly that, anyone--and not a specific person--you are beyond help (which i think is true already with the way you generally reply to things around here).

I clearly never implied, let alone actually said, everyone agrees with me. 

You really, really...and i mean really need to re-evaluate how you reply to posters on here and you need to curb the strawman arguments and stop telling people they are 'making stuff up' because you do it, i believe, as much if not more than anyone on here. 

Caped Crusader is partially right. There are designed plays in the flat and the Bengals definitely haven't done it right several times. There are also instances where Gio is the outlet and Dalton does scan the field and then, with no other options open, throws it out to the flat, in some cases getting the RB "blown up, sir!".

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 03:00 PM)jason Wrote: I hope we still run that one play where Dalton hangs Gio out to dry 2-3 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

LMAO LMAO LMAO

this is so funny....wowwwww, the coaching really held back some good teams! 
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 02:43 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Caped Crusader is partially right. There are designed plays in the flat and the Bengals definitely haven't done it right several times. There are also instances where Gio is the outlet and Dalton does scan the field and then, with no other options open, throws it out to the flat, in some cases getting the RB "blown up, sir!".

'Partially right' to the argument you're making, not necessarily what I was talking about. I was talking about screen plays, not dump offs to the flat (again, I mention linemen pulling, etc). 

Dalton isn't without blame. I don't think anyone is trying to make that argument. A time or two he has felt pressure that wasn't there. What I'm referring to is the horrifically drawn up screen plays. Which more or less boils down to poor execution (linemen pulling too soon, blocking bad, back already looking for the pass, etc). 

For reference:

This play of Vontae Davis blowing up Bernard. 

This is DESIGNED. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYjQhBmeNnE

Nobody here to blame but Lewis and the offensive staff. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 04:42 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: 'Partially right' to the argument you're making, not necessarily what I was talking about. I was talking about screen plays, not dump offs to the flat (again, I mention linemen pulling, etc). 

Dalton isn't without blame. I don't think anyone is trying to make that argument. A time or two he has felt pressure that wasn't there. What I'm referring to is the horrifically drawn up screen plays. Which more or less boils down to poor execution (linemen pulling too soon, blocking bad, back already looking for the pass, etc). 

For reference:

This play of Vontae Davis blowing up Bernard. 

This is DESIGNED. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYjQhBmeNnE

Nobody here to blame but Lewis and the offensive staff. 

I'd like to throw some blame at #86 for completely whiffing on the block. Maybe a wrench or two as well. 

Dalton is only to blame when he checks down late and the defender has plenty of time to come up and knock Gio's teeth out. 

Reply/Quote
Sd to the sarcasm, I feel a bit like ol Charlie Brown after Lucy pulls the ball back, lol.
Should be used to it by now, after all the seasons the Bengals have done it.
My big fat head hurts... . Medic!
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote