Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taylors best call of the Game
To me it was kicking the field goal with 7 minutes to go , to go up 10, it was 4th and inches at the 10 and i know tempting to go for it since he has been aggressive in previous games with hopes to go up 14 or if you get stopped Titans have 90 yards to go. Just think if they were on that last drive just down 4 instead of 7, wow..

Great decision ZT.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
That 4 and short where he has Joey go from shotgun to under center making everyone on the Raiders think sneak, then pitches to Chase on the motion.
Reply/Quote
The gameplan for Maxx Crosby was great. The Bengals beat the hell out of him on those pitches they were leaving him unblocked or using WR/TEs to crack him from the side.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:26 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: To me it was kicking the field goal with 7 minutes to go , to go up 10, it was 4th and inches at the 10 and i know tempting to go for it since he has been aggressive in previous games with hopes to go up 14 or if you get stopped Titans have 90 yards to go.  Just think if they were on that last drive just down 4 instead of 7, wow..  

Great decision ZT.

Agreed, when they came out I assumed Burrow was going to try and draw the Raiders offsides, but I admittedly was worried Zac wouldn't take the easy 3 points to go up by 10. Zac's mentioned analytics guys are in his ears giving a recommendation, I wonder what they suggested?
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:31 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Agreed, when they came out I assumed Burrow was going to try and draw the Raiders offsides, but I admittedly was worried Zac wouldn't take the easy 3 points to go up by 10. Zac's mentioned analytics guys are in his ears giving a recommendation, I wonder what they suggested?

Also Burrow mindset is aggressive also.. Taylor stayed firm though and im glad he did
Reply/Quote
Yes I was 100% for the FG
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:27 PM)treee Wrote: That 4 and short where he has Joey go from shotgun to under center making everyone on the Raiders think sneak, then pitches to Chase on the motion.

That was sweet
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:26 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: To me it was kicking the field goal with 7 minutes to go , to go up 10, it was 4th and inches at the 10 and i know tempting to go for it since he has been aggressive in previous games with hopes to go up 14 or if you get stopped Titans have 90 yards to go.  Just think if they were on that last drive just down 4 instead of 7, wow..  

Great decision ZT.

I will be honest.  At the time I was saying "Go for it".  But considering that we were just up by 7 it was the correct call to take the FG and make it a 2 score game.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:27 PM)treee Wrote: That 4 and short where he has Joey go from shotgun to under center making everyone on the Raiders think sneak, then pitches to Chase on the motion.

Yup.  That was absolutely brilliant.  To me, that play was up there with the Fake Flea Flicker earlier in the year.
Reply/Quote

Was that same play ran again later on the Bengals final offensive drive.  The one that Chase got tapped in his bits? Smirk

It looked a lot like that one.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:45 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Yup.  That was absolutely brilliant.  To me, that play was up there with the Fake Flea Flicker earlier in the year.

Yep that fake flea flicker was cool
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:45 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Was that same play ran again later on the Bengals final offensive drive.  The one that Chase got tapped in his bits? Smirk

It looked a lot like that one.

Similar toss play, but I don't recall it having Joe try to sell the quick sneak on that one.  I think he was under center from the get go.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:26 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: To me it was kicking the field goal with 7 minutes to go , to go up 10, it was 4th and inches at the 10 and i know tempting to go for it since he has been aggressive in previous games with hopes to go up 14 or if you get stopped Titans have 90 yards to go. Just think if they were on that last drive just down 4 instead of 7, wow..

Great decision ZT.

Yes

But

I wonder what we would all be feeling and screaming had we lost

and we know it !!

Lol
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I will be honest.  At the time I was saying "Go for it".  But considering that we were just up by 7 it was the correct call to take the FG and make it a 2 score game.

Fred, I was at the game and thought the same thing for a second or two then i thought crap no we need to go up 2 scores..lol
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:51 PM)Whacked Wrote: Yes

But

I wonder what we would all be feeling and screaming had we lost

and we know it !!

Lol

well again the great thing unless they go for 2 there which I doubt... we are going into OT and game would have went on
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:31 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Agreed, when they came out I assumed Burrow was going to try and draw the Raiders offsides, but I admittedly was worried Zac wouldn't take the easy 3 points to go up by 10. Zac's mentioned analytics guys are in his ears giving a recommendation, I wonder what they suggested?

I was praying he kicked the FG.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:56 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I was praying he kicked the FG.

& the football gods answered!
Reply/Quote
I think kicking the field goal was the right call. I think it was a pretty good game plan overall to get the ball out quick. I thought we should've thrown with high percentage throws on the last drive to get the first. But we won and I can't complain about what got us there. I really liked the screen pass on the first drive I believe as it fooled me pretty good.
Reply/Quote

THIS was indeed the best call and fantastic play-design.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 03:02 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I think kicking the field goal was the right call. I think it was a pretty good game plan overall to get the ball out quick. I thought we should've thrown with high percentage throws on the last drive to get the first. But we won and I can't complain about what got us there. I really liked the screen pass on the first drive I believe as it fooled me pretty good.

Agree on all.

Having a conversation about that last offensive drive isn't complaining.

We can critique and enjoy the win!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote