Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taylors choice for DC
Will be one of his buddies from Miami or Texas A&M who has never been a DC before.
Reply/Quote
How can it be worse than what we had before?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 10:10 AM)Interceptor Wrote: How can it be worse than what we had before?

It would be very difficult to.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 10:07 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Will be one of his buddies from Miami or Texas A&M who has never been a DC  before.

I'm fine with that, as long as they are good. Everyone Coordinator got that 1st chance from someone....
Reply/Quote
I will hold judgment on the new staff till after I see how the team does. If I remember correctly when Jay Gruden was hired it was a bit controversial coming from arena league.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 10:22 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm fine with that, as long as they are good. Everyone Coordinator got that 1st chance from someone....

Yep, and what if he lands some hot name out of the college ranks not affiliated with any of his prior gigs?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 11:43 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yep, and what if he lands some hot name out of the college ranks not affiliated with any of his prior gigs?

It could be said that a college coordinator, seeing college offenses week after week, might be better equipped than a retread former NFL coordinator who is unemployed for a reason.

It's pretty clear that Taylor knows who and what he wants and it may or may not be who or what we as fans want.  But that does not necessarily make him wrong.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 11:22 AM)mon4078 Wrote: I will hold judgment on the new staff till after I see how the team does. If I remember correctly when Jay Gruden was hired it was a bit controversial coming from arena league.

(02-06-2019, 11:50 AM)McC Wrote: It could be said that a college coordinator, seeing college offenses week after week, might be better equipped than a retread former NFL coordinator who is unemployed for a reason.

It's pretty clear that Taylor knows who and what he wants and it may or may not be who or what we as fans want.  But that does not necessarily make him wrong.

True, thanks guys. Just cause it is not the guy i want doesn't mean it is the wrong decision.

We will have to wait and see it play out. We have some damn good players on D.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 10:07 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Will be one of his buddies from Miami or Texas A&M who has never been a DC  before.

well at least that the easy rumor for pft to grab...

Could also be asking Dad-n-law for names
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 02:30 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Could also be asking Dad-n-law for names

That would be the smart move.

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 02:41 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: That would be the smart move.

I personally do not want a retread from the nfl ranks,bring in the d guy from Clemson.They went undefeated, and that is a fact,boys and girls ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 11:50 AM)McC Wrote: It could be said that a college coordinator, seeing college offenses week after week, might be better equipped than a retread former NFL coordinator who is unemployed for a reason.

That is a good point, and as far as Del Rio goes.....they obviously spoke about it, and one or both sides decided it wasn't the right fit.  So what if they hired him despite reservations going in, and THAT was the wrong call?  We'll just have to wait and see how it all translates to the on-field product.  Sources all over the league speak highly of Zac, and I'm not talking clickbait chasers, I'm talking actual coaches and players.  Even our own former LT.  We have been clamoring for the FO to let Duke and the coach run the team.  Here we are.  Let's see how it goes.  I may not like the guy rumored to be the oline coach, but that doesn't mean that Zac doesn't think his blocking schemes are exactly what he needs to succeed.  It could also simply be a move to fill a spot with an experienced coach that he's familiar with until a guy like Callahan can be added next season.  I just don't like Jimbo, and he coaches there, so..... Smirk

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 02:49 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: I personally do not want a retread from the nfl ranks,bring in the d guy from Clemson.They went undefeated, and that is a fact,boys and girls ThumbsUp

Would love to have Venables here, but he just signed a whopper of a deal to remain at Clemson.

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 02:53 PM)Wyche Wrote: Would love to have Venables here, but he just signed a whopper of a deal to remain at Clemson.

lol the colleges have all the money.
Reply/Quote

Well no matter who it is, it'll probably be better than most of Marvin's hires.

Teryl Austin. Chuck Bresnehan. Leslie Frazier. The sad part is, Marv was supposed to be a defense guy.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 03:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well no matter who it is, it'll probably be better than most of Marvin's hires.

Teryl Austin. Chuck Bresnehan. Leslie Frazier. The sad part is, Marv was supposed to be a defense guy.

I hate on Marv quite a bit but he did hire Mike Zimmer...
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 03:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I hate on Marv quite a bit but he did hire Mike Zimmer...

:hail:

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 03:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I hate on Marv quite a bit but he did hire Mike Zimmer...

Hence why I said most. I guess one out of five ain't bad?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 04:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Hence why I said most. I guess one out of five ain't bad?

Nah, thats pretty bad lol
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 04:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nah, thats pretty bad lol

Sometimes I think Marv would've been better off if he would've called the defense his entire tenure. Of course that wasn't really a common thing until recently. 
Reply/Quote