Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Te profile that duke Tobin wants
Duke Tobin on the TEs he wants:

"We want a different mix in the room. There are a lot of different styles. We want them to catch. We want them to block. If they can do both, that's a bonus."

"We've had a revolving door and that's not what we want."
Reply/Quote
Wish he woulda thought of that last year. This year "appears" weak
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 11:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Wish he woulda thought of that last year. This year "appears" weak

Next years as well
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2024, 12:06 AM)pulses Wrote: Next years as well

I guess Drew Sample wasnt that guy? LOL
They should just sign one the available FA TEs  like Fant, Henry or Everett 
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2024, 12:00 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I guess Drew Sample wasnt that guy? LOL
They should just sign one the available FA TEs  like Fant, Henry or Everett 

I think that a guy like Everett could have a career year with a team like the Bengals.  For the most part, I always thought he was severely underutilized in the Rams offense.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2024, 01:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I think that a guy like Everett could have a career year with a team like the Bengals.  For the most part, I always thought he was severely underutilized in the Rams offense.

Given Everett's age and hearing they don't want a revolving door anymore, I don't think he'll be on the table.

However, Schultz is in the prime of his career, turning 28 this Summer.
Noah Fant turns just 27 this coming November.

Personally, I think one of those two guys would be perfect in the Bengals offense, as both guys can block and are very good receivers.
Either would be perfect on a 3-year deal.
Question will be though is what will they command contract-wise?
I don't know if the Bengals are quite ready to spend $10+ mill APY on a TE, and I think one of these guys, if not both, will command that amount.
If either could be had for $8 mill APY or less, I'm jumping at that.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2024, 01:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Given Everett's age and hearing they don't want a revolving door anymore, I don't think he'll be on the table.

Personally, I think one of those two guys would be perfect in the Bengals offense, as both guys can block and are very good receivers.
I don't know if the Bengals are quite ready to spend $10+ mill APY on a TE, and I think one of these guys, if not both, will command that amount.

I could imagine a scenario where the team funneled some of the cap that went to Slot Receiver when Boyd was playing to the TE position going forward.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 11:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Wish he woulda thought of that last year. This year "appears" weak

Ya know how I feel about stover this year…. But yeah it is weak overall. That’s why ima. Massive proponent of trading back unless an elite talent falls, especially getting more picks in the top 100.
Reply/Quote
Look out for a Ja'Tavion Sanders pick at 18... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2024, 01:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I think that a guy like Everett could have a career year with a team like the Bengals.  For the most part, I always thought he was severely underutilized in the Rams offense.

I do also but the worry i have with a good amount of teams lean at TE and a thin draft group, I think the $$ of FA tight ends is going to be high and we want to lock one in for at least 3 to 4 years.. So Everett would be looking at probably 4 year 48 to 50 million contract, I think if they decide to go draft for OT, then signing a top FA tight end will happen but if they go a top tier OT in FA, I doubt we will send top tier FA tight end also.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2024, 01:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Given Everett's age and hearing they don't want a revolving door anymore, I don't think he'll be on the table.

Give me Schultz out of that bunch
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2024, 07:08 PM)pulses Wrote: Give me Schultz out of that bunch

Yeah, all for Schultz. Give me a FA of Leonard Williams, Onwenu and Schultz and I am ecstatic.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2024, 07:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, all for Schultz. Give me a FA of Leonard Williams, Onwenu and Schultz and I am ecstatic.

clean out your box Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2024, 07:08 PM)pulses Wrote: Give me Schultz out of that bunch

Schultz would be the guy if we were going the FA route.  I dont understand the hype for Fant.  Fant had back to back years of 400+ yards with zero TDs last year.  Im not a fan, especially at 9 million dollars per year.

I still like the idea of kicking the tires on Kyle Pitts.  See if Atlanta will trade him for our second round pick.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2024, 09:15 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Schultz would be the guy if we were going the FA route.  I dont understand the hype for Fant.  Fant had back to back years of 400+ yards with zero TDs last year.  Im not a fan, especially at 9 million dollars per year.

I still like the idea of kicking the tires on Kyle Pitts.  See if Atlanta will trade him for our second round pick.

With Fant I think it is he is athletic and still has upside on why some want him.

Would love to somehow get Kyle Pitts, always been team Pitts even though I liked all 3 of the players and still do obviously.

Pitts for a 2nd round pick? Oh yeah, I do that easily, he hasn't been used right in Atlanta IMO.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2024, 09:15 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Schultz would be the guy if we were going the FA route.  I dont understand the hype for Fant.  Fant had back to back years of 400+ yards with zero TDs last year.  Im not a fan, especially at 9 million dollars per year.

I would be game for that !
Reply/Quote
He wants Bowers like everybody does. We would have to pay the freight to get there though and I’m not sure that’s the way to go with some other important needs looming.
However, people forget just how good Bowers is. He’s the best rac tight end I’ve ever seen in college. The things he did to the sec and even us(Bama) in championship games should be illegal.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2024, 04:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Look out for a Ja'Tavion Sanders pick at 18... Ninja

NOT happening Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2024, 04:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Look out for a Ja'Tavion Sanders pick at 18... Ninja

I will vommit but the bengals do dumb **** every year during the draft so honestly this would surprise me one bit. Let’s go round 1 and address a position we don’t even value in our offense. I mean it sounds bengalish
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2024, 07:50 PM)pulses Wrote: clean out your box Hilarious Hilarious

This would be the best scenario
Reply/Quote