Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Te profile that duke Tobin wants
Doubt ATL makes Pitts available after I just read somewhere they’re releasing Jonnu Smith. So if that happens…what about Jonnu? Is he any good anymore? Did his time with Mac Jones / Desmond Ridder ruin him? Is he injury prone?
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 12:48 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: I will vommit but the bengals do dumb **** every year during the draft so honestly this would surprise me one bit.  Let’s go round 1 and address a position we don’t even value in our offense.  I mean it sounds bengalish

I was kind of joking, hence the ninja but yah never know. Sanders is a pass catching TE a lot like Kincaid and we evidently wanted him in 
the last Draft. I think the only way we go TE in the 1st round this year is if Brock Bowers is there though. I would be surprised if the Bengals
picked Sanders unless we traded Tee and somehow got two 1st Round picks.
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 02:37 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Doubt ATL makes Pitts available after I just read somewhere they’re releasing Jonnu Smith. So if that happens…what about Jonnu? Is he any good anymore? Did his time with Mac Jones / Desmond Ridder ruin him? Is he injury prone?

All for Jonnu Smith, he is a good player, just had to play behind Pitts. Jonnu Smith makes sense for us honestly if we go TE in FA.

Schultz is who I would like the most, but would be fine with Jonnu.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2024, 05:48 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I do also but the worry i have with a good amount of teams lean at TE and a thin draft group, I think the $$ of FA tight ends is going to be high and we want to lock one in for at least 3 to 4 years.. So Everett would be looking at probably 4 year 48 to 50 million contract, I think if they decide to go draft for OT, then signing a top FA tight end will happen but if they go a top tier OT in FA, I doubt we will send top tier FA tight end also.

Uhh....highly unlikely he would get anything like that.

Everett's last deal was only $6 mill APY, and that was during his prime. 
Everett is turning 30 before training camp starts.
Only 11 players classified at TE (inc. Taysom Hill) made $10+ mill APY last season.
Everett has never had more than 555 yards and 4 TDs in a season.
Everett was tied for 24th in yards last year among TEs.

Spotrac has Everett's market value at $8.6 mill APY, which think is generous.
I would be completely shocked if he signed a deal worth $12+ mill APY.
If he got that, you'd have to think we'll see Schultz and Fant signing for >$15 mill APY.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 04:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Uhh....highly unlikely he would get anything like that.

Everett's last deal was only $6 mill APY, and that was during his prime. 
Everett is turning 30 before training camp starts.
Only 11 players classified at TE (inc. Taysom Hill) made $10+ mill APY last season.
Everett has never had more than 555 yards and 4 TDs in a season.
Everett was tied for 24th in yards last year among TEs.

Spotrac has Everett's market value at $8.6 mill APY, which think is generous.
I would be completely shocked if he signed a deal worth $12+ mill APY.
If he got that, you'd have to think we'll see Schultz and Fant signing for >$15 mill APY.

All true, don't see Everett making more than 8 mil per year.
Reply/Quote
i wouldn't mind Everett for 2 years. He shouldn't be a bank breaker, but a good gap stop to buy us more time to find one in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 02:37 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Doubt ATL makes Pitts available after I just read somewhere they’re releasing Jonnu Smith. So if that happens…what about Jonnu? Is he any good anymore? Did his time with Mac Jones / Desmond Ridder ruin him? Is he injury prone?

JS put up 582 yards and 3 TDs in ATL's offense, his best single season in his career.
He was their 3rd most productive receiver behind London and Pitts.
He's not yet 29, so he still should have a couple years left.

If they strike out or don't pursue higher end guys like Fant and Schultz, I'd be game for Smith on a 2-year deal.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 11:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Wish he woulda thought of that last year. This year "appears" weak

I believe there are some guys that can be got in the mid to late rounds that could turn out to be very productive TEs in the NFL. Some may need a bit more development than others but I feel there are some guys that have some pretty solid foundations to build upon.

Theo Johnson - has great size and has played from the H-Back position as well as inline. He showed his straight line speed at the combine by posting a 4.57 40 time at his size. I believe with an experienced QB last season we would have seen far more production from him as a receiver but let's be honest the QB situation at PSU was a dumpster fire in '23. However, over the past two seasons when targeted he has produced QB ratings of 158.3 and 135.2.

Jared Wiley - another guy that has really good size and while not as accomplished a blocker as Johnson he is not completely deficient in the area either. He confirmed the straight line speed that he showed on the field by posting a 4.62 40 time. He like Johnson is a very good receiver that posts high QB ratings when he is targeted in the passing game. He was a team captain and according to the TCU staff and evaluators he has a very high football IQ. Needs to be a bit tougher to tackle after the catch but overall a very solid prospect that is a real receiving threat.

Ben Sinnott - does not have the size of Johnson or Wiley but may be a better receiver than either and a better blocker than Wiley. He has run a pretty diverse route tree at K State and while he is not explosive as an athlete he is able to separate due to his savvy as a route runner. He is a toucher tackle than Wiley and is very physical in getting YAC. Has a very solid all around game and not really deficient in any aspect of the game. Just needs to continue to hone his game and like Johnson he has played from the H-back position, inline, and even as a fullback.

Tanner McLachlan - I seriously believe this kid could be a real sleeper. He has good size and decent mass and just plays with intensity and heart on every single down. He is another guy that ran well at the combine posting a 4.61 at 6'5" 244. He will need to continue to develop as a blocker and the best things I can say to people about him is to watch his tape. He is a guy that is going to leave it on the field every down and while he may not have the tangibles of other prospects he just finds ways to make plays.

Austin Stogner - at a point it was wondered if he would play football again after an ACL repair that developed a strep infection. Overall he just has a well rounded game and is extremely athletic. While not a devastating blocker he is above average as a blocker. Like McLachlan I would suggest that folks watch some tape of him. Has displayed good speed and good hands and has shown the ability to produce once the ball is in his hands.

Just my thoughts for whatever that is worth.
Reply/Quote
When thoughts turn to TE and this year's draft, I think what a waste of talent Arik Gilbert is.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arik_Gilbert
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2024, 09:15 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Schultz would be the guy if we were going the FA route.  I dont understand the hype for Fant.  Fant had back to back years of 400+ yards with zero TDs last year.  Im not a fan, especially at 9 million dollars per year.

I still like the idea of kicking the tires on Kyle Pitts.  See if Atlanta will trade him for our second round pick.

The Pitts idea has merit. Atlanta is pissing away Kyle’s talent. Dude could be a weapon.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2024, 12:04 AM)bfine32 Wrote: When thoughts turn to TE and this year's draft, I think what a waste of talent Arik Gilbert is.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arik_Gilbert

******** gonna *******….
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote