Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teaching my Grand Daughter how to fish
I started last year with a Barbie, closed reel fishing pole, you know the kind with a button to release the line. She is a natural and caught three fish last year, two bluegill and a crappie off of worms with a floater. 

This year I stepped her up with the same pole but put a black spinner on the line and she is catching bluegill and bass like mad. It's only June and we've been out fishing for a week, she's caught 5 bass and a bluegill so far...it's crazy!

Our lake is overstocked though and I'll have to see how she does when I take her up to Miami Whitewater this coming weekend.

By the way, she's four years old now and a seasoned fisher woman, lol.

Next year, I'll step up her pole to something bigger and start teaching her about drag and depth. She picks this up really well and can't wait to get her out on a boat in a couple of years.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2016, 05:04 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Next year, I'll step up her pole to something bigger and start teaching her about drag and depth. She picks this up really well and can't wait to get her out on a boat in a couple of years.

I'm glad that you clarified early that you're teaching her to fish:

[Image: DSC_1115.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Sounds like both of you are having loads of fun and making lifelong memories.
Please make sure she knows how to swim and has a properly fitting life vest .
Teaching her to fish is something to treasure for life, for all involved.
She is catching so many fish, you don't have to enlighten her about ' fish stories ', ha ha ha .
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Good bfine: That's great that you are taking the time to be an important part of your granddaughters life and teaching her an activity that is both enjoyable and reward. As they say: "Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach how to fish, feed him for a lifetime."

Bad bfine: They are never too young to learn how to work the pole.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
She'll likely treasure what you're doing for the rest of her life. Some of my best memories of childhood involve fishing with my grandfather. Good for you Neb. (And good for her.) ThumbsUp
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2016, 09:43 AM)Beaker Wrote: I'm glad that you clarified early that you're teaching her to fish:

(06-14-2016, 11:59 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Bad bfine: They are never too young to learn how to work the pole.

I guess you guys missed the part where she is four years old, lol. Bunch of sickos,  Ninja

She's upset today because we can't go fishing since its raining. I mean, we could but I'm not going out there to stand in the rain. 

My neighbor had some of his family over on Sunday. About 10 boys and men were fishing ages ranged from 16-25 years old. My Grand Daughter and I went out and started fishing and in about 15 minutes she catches a Large Mourh Bass as long as my forearm and I hear from one of these guys "Well now that's embarrassing", lol.

You should hear her when she gets one on the line, "PAPPAW! I GOT ONE...I GOT ONE!!!".
Reply/Quote
Fun stuff.  Glad you are teaching her how to fish.  Every child should have their Grandpa's teach them this.  I know my Dad can't hardly wait to teach my niece how to fish.  He's already got her Barbie pole bought and hooked up.  They may have already gone out and tried for blue gills but I don't think she was able to get any yet. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote