Andy Dalton
AJ Green
Michael Johnson
Shawn Williams
Vinny Rey
Clayton Fejedelem

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Soo, do the players vote for the captains or do the coaches decide?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 03:26 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Soo, do the players vote for the captains or do the coaches decide?

Marvin said "voted" which indicates to me it was the players who chose him

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 02:47 PM)pally Wrote: team captains for 2018.  Leadership...one reason Mike Johnson is still playing

Andy Dalton
AJ Green
Michael Johnson
Shawn Williams
Vinny Rey
Clayton Fejedelem

Wow, Fej is a captain? Good for him
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 02:47 PM)pally Wrote: team captains for 2018.  Leadership...one reason Mike Johnson is still playing

Andy Dalton
AJ Green
Michael Johnson
Shawn Williams
Vinny Rey
Clayton Fejedelem

MJ's farewell tour?
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 04:26 PM)Shady Wrote: MJ's farewell tour?

I doubt it. Could be possible but they are going to have to be strong to get rid of him. He's not steller by any means, but he does add stability.

Reply/Quote
Why isn’t Tez a Captain? He’s clearly the leader of the defense, and basically a player/coach. Wonder if he gets a C when he comes back.

Reply/Quote
I liked it back in 2011 and 2012 when they didn't have captains... I don't know why. I just did
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 05:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why isn’t Tez a Captain? He’s clearly the leader of the defense, and basically a player/coach. Wonder if he gets a C when he comes back.

Simple, his actions getting him suspended is not how we want or coaches want others to emulate? Geno and Dunlap are bigger question marks to me, but Geno is s darn quiet. Dunlap in my opinion should be a captain. One of them is always special team player also.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 05:22 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I doubt it. Could be possible but they are going to have to be strong to get rid of him. He's not steller by any means, but he does add stability.

Not hating on MJ, but thought he only had a year left on his contract. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 03:26 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Soo, do the players vote for the captains or do the coaches decide?

Voted by the players

(09-03-2018, 04:00 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Wow, Fej is a captain? Good for him

Special Teams

(09-03-2018, 05:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why isn’t Tez a Captain? He’s clearly the leader of the defense, and basically a player/coach. Wonder if he gets a C when he comes back.

He won't get a C.  Unlike the last two years where it changed game to game, these are season long.  Unless Williams or Johnson get cut or go on IR, Burfict is not a captain this year.

(09-03-2018, 05:53 PM)Shady Wrote: Not hating on MJ, but thought he only had a year left on his contract. 

That is correct.
Reply/Quote
The offensive and special teams captains are no shock to me. Defense on the other hand, very surprising. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 05:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why isn’t Tez a Captain? He’s clearly the leader of the defense, and basically a player/coach. Wonder if he gets a C when he comes back.

He only played in 51% of the D snaps last year. A couple of years ago, it was 43%. He let his teammates down again by already being suspended. You can overlook the concussions, obviously. You can’t overlook him being a joker and being undisciplined though. He’s an awesome player, he’s just not dependable.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2018, 02:25 AM)Circleville Guy Wrote: He only played in 51% of the D snaps last year. A couple of years ago, it was 43%. He let his teammates down again by already being suspended. You can overlook the concussions, obviously. You can’t overlook him being a joker and being undisciplined though. He’s an awesome player, he’s just not dependable.

He’s still the leader of the defense when he’s on the field, C on his chest or not.

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 04:00 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Wow, Fej is a captain? Good for him

My guy!
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2018, 03:08 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s still the leader of the defense when he’s on the field, C on his chest or not.

It’s who the players perceive to be their leaders in thr locker room, practice field, and playing field...not who are their “best” players

Reply/Quote
Funny thing about when people look back at Burfict, he is in almost none of the team pictures, because he is always suspended on picture day....
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2018, 08:23 AM)pally Wrote: It’s who the players perceive to be their leaders in thr locker room, practice field, and playing field...not who are their “best” players

Again, I’m not talking about him being the best, I’m talking about him being the leader of the defense. I’ve seen several of his teammates say he’s basically like a coach.

I have to think the suspension is a factor here. Burfict probably wasn’t even an option when they were “voting” or however the choices were made.

Reply/Quote
Locker room presence and chemistry are important, and fans may have always underrated how helpful Johnson is in the run game as well as frustrating opposing DCs just due to his size and lankiness but I do wonder why he couldn't take a pay cut. Take a third of what you were getting to make room to sign/re-sign players that could help make it easier for the team to get to the post season and beyond. That is a sort of leadership too. And it isn't like he'd be impoverished if he only made $2 million next year.

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2018, 09:26 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: but I do wonder why he couldn't take a pay cut. Take a third of what you were getting to make room to sign/re-sign players that could help make it easier for the team to get to the post season and beyond. That is a sort of leadership too. And it isn't like he'd be impoverished if he only made $2 million next year.

You could say the same thing about every player in the NFL.....
Reply/Quote