Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team Chain of Command
(01-29-2024, 07:13 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: We could roll it back to the '90s and have someone live on a billboard until the Bengals get rid of Pollack.

I remember being asked if I wanted to chip in and rent a plane to fly a banner hating Mike Borwn during home games.  They pulled it off, but I didnt participate.

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2024, 11:41 AM)kalibengal Wrote: with all the FA activity ...we have still a middling to sub mid O Line
Something needs to change...better scouts? more scouts? maybe a legit GM? less Shotgun? IDK
but I was super jealous watching Detroits OL  yesterday

The best interior oline is in KC.  Thuney, Creed, Tre Smith - we EASILY could have had all 3.

Creed Humphrey, in the draft we chose Carman instead.

Joe Thuney, he visited us first and we low balled him in free agency.  He then went to KC.

Trey Smith, wasnt drafted until pick #226 due to medical issues, but the guy was a total stud in the SEC.  He had some blood clots his sophomore year, returned to 1st Team All SEC his Junior AND Senior seasons.  We passed on him 6 times in that draft.  We chose Carman, Tyler Shelvin, D'Ante Smith, Tey Hill, Chris Evans and Wyatt Hubert instead....

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 01:29 AM)casear2727 Wrote: I remember being asked if I wanted to chip in and rent a plane to fly a banner hating Mike Borwn during home games.  They pulled it off, but I didnt participate.

I forgot about the plane rentals. I'd never spend money just to hate on someone else.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2024, 02:38 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Maybe we need to do a Fire Canada-type campaign.

This^
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 01:10 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: This^

So, who are you bringing to fill Pollack's spot?  Do you have a plan, or are you just hoping that a long line of the best OL coaches would immediately form at the door of Katie Blackburn's office?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 02:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, who are you bringing to fill Pollack's spot?  Do you have a plan, or are you just hoping that a long line of the best OL coaches would immediately form at the door of Katie Blackburn's office?

Bengals Run Game '21-'23

23rd YPG/26th YPC
29th YPG/29th YPC
31st YPG/22nd YPC

Anyone else. The answer is bring in anyone else. Literally can't have much worse results from a Run Game Coordinator, and it's not like the pass blocking has been good either, as they've been top-10 in sacks allowed each year except the one year they played 1 less game than most of the league (and were 11th) despite the passing game getting shorter and quicker.

I hate the whole "who else are you bringing in who will be better?" argument because you don't ask yourself where else you're going to stay tonight before you call the fire department to put your housefire out. You put out the fire first and then worry about where you'll sleep that night because the alternative is watching it burn down to the ground.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 02:45 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Bengals Run Game '21-'23

23rd YPG/26th YPC
29th YPG/29th YPC
31st YPG/22nd YPC

Anyone else. The answer is bring in anyone else. Literally can't have much worse results from a Run Game Coordinator, and it's not like the pass blocking has been good either, as they've been top-10 in sacks allowed each year except the one year they played 1 less game than most of the league (and were 11th) despite the passing game getting shorter and quicker.

I hate the whole "who else are you bringing in who will be better?" argument because you don't ask yourself where else you're going to stay tonight before you call the fire department to put your housefire out. You put out the fire first and then worry about where you'll sleep that night because the alternative is watching it burn down to the ground.

I guess that I'm in the minority when I think that the rushing game won't change much, by simply changing OL coach/run game coordinators.  I see the problem as more of a result of the offensive game plan in general.  I think that Zac and Brian saw it too, and that is why everything looked different in the SF game, in that brief window while Burrow was mostly at full health this season.  A lot of people thought that they had changed the offense for Jake Browning, when if fact everyone important to the offensive game planning has been quoted as saying that these were things that they were working on all along, but couldn't implement early in the year, due of Burrow's calf injury.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2024, 02:28 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: [Image: 424529610_803341411826460_79104434528283...e=65BD3B2F]

What would you like to see after a Kelce touchdown? 

Sweaty players celebrating 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcL29hrUBHBjLOVFgRppO...Q&usqp=CAU]

or
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSdpQyI_VPDm8XT5h37fa7...Q&usqp=CAU]

Your manhood is on the line, what's it gonna be dog?  Mellow
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2024, 01:55 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: How difficult can it really be to find someone better?

Burrow has been getting killed.

Burrow brings a lot of that on himself with his style of play. There are instances where he gets blitzed and hit immediately, but a great number of his sacks are because he holds onto the ball trying to extend a play. No line coach is going to fix that.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2024, 06:41 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: What would you like to see after a Kelce touchdown? 

Sweaty players celebrating 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcL29hrUBHBjLOVFgRppO...Q&usqp=CAU]

or
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSdpQyI_VPDm8XT5h37fa7...Q&usqp=CAU]

Your manhood is on the line, what's it gonna be dog?  Mellow

Show me an AT&T Lily commercial.

[Image: main-qimg-b292c4a931ba36ea54cfe0006b2540e4-lq]

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2024, 11:07 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Show me an AT&T Lily commercial.

[Image: main-qimg-b292c4a931ba36ea54cfe0006b2540e4-lq]

You dog!!!  Tongue
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote