Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team Chemistry
I know there is a lot of hate with individual players, coaches, even the ground keeper.  This team is too talented to play this poorly.

WTS, I think team chemistry is off and I would have to attribute this to the position coaching staff.  I really have no other explanation.  I know certain players have lost a step i.e.;, Adam Jones.  But really there is no team mojo.

Any better explanations?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 12:55 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I know there is a lot of hate with individual players, coaches, even the ground keeper.  This team is too talented to play this poorly.

WTS, I think team chemistry is off and I would have to attribute this to the position coaching staff.  I really have no other explanation.  I know certain players have lost a step i.e.;, Adam Jones.  But really there is no team mojo.

Any better explanations?

Agree totally.  No one knows the answer despite any bravado here.  Again, the only one true common thread is Mike Brown.
Reply/Quote
Marv brought in a bunch of has beens for position coaches this year. I think its a big reason why the defense has failed.
Reply/Quote
No chemistry sums it up well. No discipline, no accountability, no desire, all do well to. This team is a train wreck from top to bottom.

And it's a shame for AJ, Andy, Whit, Gio, Hill, Eifert, Geno, Carlos, and others who are trying.
Reply/Quote
I guess one other thing to consider is that Marvin is running out of gas.

The team seems to lack juice.  It doesn't matter how talented a player is if their efforts are contradicting with others' effort.  They are trying very hard but seem to not enjoy the game.  That usually implies lack of chemistry somewhere. 

I think Hue and Zimmer really added a lot to bringing out the best in each player. 
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
It's not our year we're struggling defensively and at wr2.brandon lafell had Eli Apple on him all game and made one catch,Marvin Jones would've made him pay all game long we need a better wr2.Teams have adjusted to our rush 4 play zone scheme there isolating the linebacks we need  a new scheme or better linebackers,we also need more speed at corner these 4.5 40 guys can't stay with receivers In today's nfl
Reply/Quote
“Championships are won by teams who love one another, who enjoy and respect one another and play for and support one another. In the NFL, it’s important to all 32 owners and all the coaches, whether they be young or old, to realize that we have an obligation to teach these young men the lessons, the principles, the life skills they will need once their professional careers are over. While it is the job of the head coach to get the technical football right — that’s why we get hired, to make sure the Xs and Os are efficient and that the players have a great plan, and that plan allows them to go forth and have a chance to win games — it is our duty to equip these men with the virtues that will last a lifetime.

“The values like honesty, trust, responsibility, respect, service and integrity, those are the things we teach, in addition to the football. You see the gentlemen in this crowd who have played for this organization; they represent what I’m talking about. Not just winners on the field, but winners in life. People you can be proud of. You’d like these people to be your next-door neighbor. That’s how important it is to me.”

- Tom Coughlin

+++

Looks like Mike Brown was right now all along back in 2003.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 02:54 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: It's not our year we're struggling defensively and at wr2.brandon lafell had Eli Apple on him all game and made one catch,Marvin Jones would've made him pay all game long we need a better wr2.Teams have adjusted to our rush 4 play zone scheme there isolating the linebacks we need  a new scheme or better linebackers,we also need more speed at corner these 4.5 40 guys can't stay with receivers In today's nfl

I am just looking at the entire season as a whole, not just individual games.  You could be right about Lafell.  The backers are struggling.     Adam Jones has lost a step but  think he brings energy.  He has looked horrible at times.  There is no mojo. Hard to explain.

Everything on both sides of ball looks out of sync.  Makes a fan appreciate how talented Andy and AJ Green are.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 03:44 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: “Championships are won by teams who love one another, who enjoy and respect one another and play for and support one another. In the NFL, it’s important to all 32 owners and all the coaches, whether they be young or old, to realize that we have an obligation to teach these young men the lessons, the principles, the life skills they will need once their professional careers are over. While it is the job of the head coach to get the technical football right — that’s why we get hired, to make sure the Xs and Os are efficient and that the players have a great plan, and that plan allows them to go forth and have a chance to win games — it is our duty to equip these men with the virtues that will last a lifetime.

“The values like honesty, trust, responsibility, respect, service and integrity, those are the things we teach, in addition to the football. You see the gentlemen in this crowd who have played for this organization; they represent what I’m talking about. Not just winners on the field, but winners in life. People you can be proud of. You’d like these people to be your next-door neighbor. That’s how important it is to me.”

- Tom Coughlin

+++

Looks like Mike Brown was right now all along back in 2003.

I cannot put this all on Marvin.  He changed the culture and has brought in good players and coaches.  Yes, he has issues rising to the occasion of playoffs.  But this team is missing a cylinder.  Not clicking.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 03:48 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I cannot put this all on Marvin.  He changed the culture and has brought in good players and coaches.  Yes, he has issues rising to the occasion of playoffs.  But this team is missing a cylinder.  Not clicking.

It's all Andy's fault! Ninja LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 03:48 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I cannot put this all on Marvin.  He changed the culture and has brought in good players and coaches.  Yes, he has issues rising to the occasion of playoffs.  But this team is missing a cylinder.  Not clicking.

No, it's not Marvin's fault that he got hired. As I understand it, he interviewed well and won the job fair and square but after reading up on Tom Coughlin -- who was interviewed twice -- I can't help wondering what might have been.
Reply/Quote
I think some guys on this team had it mailed on the fact they would get to the playoffs again this year with a chance to undo the decades of struggle this team has seen there. They overlooked that just cause you are good for 5 years straight nothing is handed to you. I honestly think the reality and frustration of their situation is setting in and being in unknown waters for the first time with this group is really just suffocating them. 3/4ths or better of this roster has no idea what its like to lose in this league.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 02:54 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: It's not our year we're struggling defensively and at wr2.brandon lafell had Eli Apple on him all game and made one catch,Marvin Jones would've made him pay all game long we need a better wr2.Teams have adjusted to our rush 4 play zone scheme there isolating the linebacks we need  a new scheme or better linebackers,we also need more speed at corner these 4.5 40 guys can't stay with receivers In today's nfl

This is true in every game. Dansby and Burfict, trying to cover is embarrassing at best. The rest of them are on the ground looking up as the opponent blows past them. Cry
Reply/Quote