Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team Friendly Deals
(01-27-2017, 12:21 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I think its fair to say the reason Zeitler looks bad at times is a result of the guy to his right and left.

I've said it before, Zeitler's play this year reminded me of Bobbie Williams' year from 2008. Bobbie always looked good and then had an off year in 08. He played in between Ghiaciuc and Stacy Andrews. Suddenly we change both of them and Bobbie looks like his normal self in 2009.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2017, 12:21 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I think its fair to say the reason Zeitler looks bad at times is a result of the guy to his right and left.

Not a Guard, but name me the people who played to the immediate left and right of Alex Mack when he was with the Browns.

If you are an allegedly great player, it shouldn't matter who is next to you. You can't pay a Guard $10m/yr and say it is okay if he doesn't do great because he didn't have good players next to him.

For that kind of money, he needs to be making the players around him better, not being worse because of the players around him.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 10:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: At one point the 49ers had the most talented roster in the NFL. It could be argued that the Bengals had the second most talented roster.

Kaepernick played well when they had a great roster. He's been bad as their roster declined when all of those guys left/retired.

I wouldn't say he played bad this year.  

In 12 games he threw for 2241 yards and 16 TD's with only 4 Ints.  Even with just a 59.2 completion percentage which ranked 26th, he managed a  90.7 rating, which ranked 17th.  He also ran for 468 yards at a 6.8 ave.  I wouldn't want him because of the distractions.  But he didn't "play" bad this year. 
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2017, 10:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not a Guard, but name me the people who played to the immediate left and right of Alex Mack when he was with the Browns.

If you are an allegedly great player, it shouldn't matter who is next to you. You can't pay a Guard $10m/yr and say it is okay if he doesn't do great because he didn't have good players next to him.

For that kind of money, he needs to be making the players around him better, not being worse because of the players around him.

It's completely different bc a lot of the time a Center is just involved in a double team. A guard is generally one on one of the center is double teaming on the other side. If u watch tape u can tell he's kinda timid bc he's trying to see if center or RT gets beat so he can try and help. 
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2017, 09:11 AM)Au165 Wrote: They actually are very creative in how they structure them. Restructuring isn't creative it's a shell game of moving credit card balances between cards setting you up for a future issue. The heavy guaranteed salary up front is smart over a signing bonus+ salary that creates the same basic amount of money because if they gave a signing bonus to equal the same first year salary, if they ever cut them the signing bonus counts against the cap in an accelerated form based on the proration of the remaining years..

I think we are saying the exact same thing. We just have a different understanding of creative. The Bengals play it straight up. The contract they offer is exactly what is. No tricks no hidden money. Like I said not being creative is not a bad thing. 
Reply/Quote